Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - . she wants to feel like she did before [complete]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 243 — Threads: 27
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

I paid the price and own the scars
why did we climb to fall so far ?

When she first extends herself towards him, she does not expect the brush of his skin against hers in return, thanking her for the comfort she so freely offers without thought to the gravity of the situation. Moira knows if she were in his shoes with the same weights upon her shoulders, she would very much like a friend for those trying times. Be that as it may, she feels more than sees him swish his tail, hearing it sigh behind them like a falling star streaking through the sky. Such a simple movement. But it is more than that, full of resignation for whatever may come. No matter what he wishes, he will find the ending one way or another.

Could she be there for him then to help ease whatever burdens may be lain upon him?

Would he only look at her, once more he would find the woman with conflict in her eyes, lip pressed between her teeth as it is nervously worked back and forth, and at last she would release it all and turn to him again. Ears move forward again, a smile replacing worry and indecision as he says her name again. So many in her family did not use her name for the longest of times. The first two years of her life, she was simply Anselme's daughter, for her mother was never mentioned amongst the family until Moira redeemed their name. It is strange to hear a stranger speak those two soft words so reverently, as though he cannot help but to use the fullness of it and feel it with every fiber of his being, letting the syllables and consonants resonate until they burst forth for her pleasure, and her pleasure alone. His words are as soft as the night that holds them close, and not even the wetness from the sea or silence of the gulls can untangle her from the spell he's woven so thoroughly.

The phoenix knows, somewhere deep down, she should feel the beginning of worry now that the sun has gone and she may not be able to find her way back into Denocte before the morning. The feeling never comes. Something is shifting, even now, and before he can say goodbye she raises her voice once more, the alto lilt as beautiful and mesmerizing as the meteor showers where you can wish you night away. "If you need a friend, I'm in Denocte. Just a letter away, Asterion, and I can return. Come what may, meet it on your terms, do not bend yourself into knots for those who will not change and would hurt you." Soft is the gold that no longer burns like fire in her eyes now that night is upon them, an open invitation hanging in the air even as he bids her farewell and turns.

Her stomach turns, too.

Moira was one step away from following him once more, calling out to ask for a way back, when the twilight man halts. There's something hopeful in the way he looks to her, something that makes her look to the ground with a small smile and a gentle nod. "I would like that very much, Asterion." And how his invitation brings her to life, a spring in her step as she moves like the river, so smooth and steady, to his side until they are once more neck and neck. At least now, she thinks, she won't have to find her way in the dark.

"Will you tell me of your home here, sometime? I've always loved to learn new things."

in this house of broken hearts
we made our love out of stacks of cards

@Asterion don't even sweat it, it's beautiful !

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Asterion

in sunshine and in shadow

If you need a friend, I’m in Denocte.

The words affect him more than they should, something like sorrow that squeezes his heart to hear the Night Court named.

It is before the Gate, before the fire, but the story he’d just told is still unfaded, still weighting down his tongue. Perhaps he should never have grown close with any of the Night Court, and to stand here, sharing a sunset and spilling out his soul with yet another of its citizens –

But no. Asterion cannot regret having met her, cannot blame her for the place she lives. He has seen the city; he knows the magic of its streets beneath the cold fire of the stars. It suits her, he thinks.

All this before he is rescued from her thoughts by the sound of his name from her lips, by the sincerity in each consonant and vowel. Gone is the brief cloudiness in his eyes dark as the space between stars; there is only gratefulness when he looks to her now. Asterion nods, and smiles soft as dawn fog, and does not yet trust himself to thank her.

It isn’t until she accepts his invitation, until she stands by his side steady and warm in the dark, that he touches his muzzle to her shoulder. It is another kind of thank you, brief as words would be, and then he is leading her toward Terrastella and the towers that had come to mean home.

He smiles at her question, the expression lost in the shadows underneath the stars, and casts a glance back at her. There is just the barest hint of color and light against the cliffside, and painted against that she is a painting, an icon. More than that, she is a friend.

“I can tell you now,” he says, and his voice is melodic even over the waves that fall to a hush the further they walk away as he begins another story.

@Moira closing here <3 I assume he can tell her off-screen a bit about dusk, ha! Looking forward to our next thread ☺

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 243 — Threads: 27
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

I paid the price and own the scars
why did we climb to fall so far ?

The silence he gives to her is almost Moira's undoing, the way he walks away for a moment in contemplation. She would have sighed softly, accepting the chasm she saw yawning. Only when the soft brush of his lips upon her shoulder comes does she feel warmth spread once more. Then, she realizes, she may not be as alone as she first thought. The sunset man's smile is heartbreaking. Melancholy wells up, rearing its dripping head, and is just as quickly banished when his voice rings out.

Like the stars above them, like the sky reflected in the choppy water below, he leads her toward a brighter future. Even her bones tingle with the awareness, a smile flitting over sanguine lips until teeth are bared and eyes crinkle once more. If she closes her eyes, she knows she'll see the twins hatching some plan or another, she'll glance to her left and Estelle will be there to clasp her hand, she'll look up the staircase and Eluoan will be there with her family. For a moment, Moira almost feels like she could be home.

"It would be an honor" she whispers instead of jumping into those memories, her voice more throaty and raw than she meant it to be. If you ask her to name what he makes her feel, she couldn't tell you. All the Tonnerre child knows is that Asterion makes her feel alive. Emotions are soft and hard with him, coming fast and slow with the ebbing of their conversations. It's comfortable, the way he welcomes her and offers his own heart on a platter instead of begging for her own.

So she follows him, smiling like a stupid girl as he tells tales of Terrastella - the place she has yet to see.

in this house of broken hearts
we made our love out of stacks of cards

@Asterion small post, but this is the end of their first adventure. I look forward to their next thread !

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »