Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - stormy nights

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lavinia

COME DOWN TO THE BLACK SEA SWIMMING WITH ME.
GO DOWN WITH ME, FALL WITH ME.
LET'S MAKE IT WORTH IT.

The storm managed to drive its way into the castle, no matter how heavily they barred their doors.

In some places, it whistled through the cracks in the walls and sung eerie songs in the dead of the night. It was not the storm that was so unbearable, but the constant screeching of the wind ripping through their walls was almost enough to drive anyone mad. Almost.

She had taken to wandering the halls under the guise of patrolling. It did not bother the others to see her walking aimlessly with a mass of dancing shadows trailing behind her. What people didn’t know was that she was planting eyes all over the castle. Small eyes that were mostly unseen. They faded out of view when someone looked directly at them, but to turn away they caught the strangest glimpse of their figures in the corners of their eyes.

Some would have sworn that the castle was haunted at this point, and there had been the occasional murmur of ghosts. Usually, when she overheard such rumors, she would smile and continue on her way. Lavinia was not an expert thief for nothing, she had outside allies as well as within the crows.

The eyes were just there to watch, and tell her who came and went.

And in case they spotted problems for the Night King.

Today, wandering the halls, she grows bored and wonders where her twin might be around this time. Her wandering leads her closer to the library where she last saw Reichenbach..and they had their long chat about love and love lost. It had been a strange conversation..but if she helped him then that was all that mattered.

@Cynix kind of a blah post but here you go!
speech color!

Cynix

CYNIX
day met night

The storm meant there was no sleep for Cynix. He usually enjoyed them, but tonight it was loud, groaning outside the walls, enough to keep him awake and at a window, glancing out. Generally, he kept to himself, but tonight he was wandering the halls instead of staying in the library, where he had once barred himself to bury in to books.

His heavy hooves clipped on the flooring and he found himself squinting at shadows, more curious than anything. He could swear... well. Cynix shook his head instead, his wings pinning down to his head, pressing in to the volume of hair he had along his nape, almost disappearing. Rather surprisingly, he didn't wander too far from the library, and he nearly found himself running in to someone.

Immediately, his large bulk backpedaled, wings flaring out in surprise before he sheepishly ducked his head down instead, swallowing down. "Sorry miss, I didn't see you there. My mind... well, my mind was wandering." It was a lame excuse but it was the only one he had, and he found himself looking her over a little, wondering who she was. He didn't get a chance to really wander out of the library, if only because he liked to keep himself occupied.

That, and he enjoyed his privacy, not having to worry about the sharp whispers that had been aimed his way all of his life.

@Lavinia || AH HERE HE IS FINALLY KSDFKSJDF

Lavinia

COME DOWN TO THE BLACK SEA SWIMMING WITH ME.
GO DOWN WITH ME, FALL WITH ME.
LET'S MAKE IT WORTH IT.

Lavinia had been so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice anyone nearby, much less that she was almost run into. That is until it almost happened. Her steps came to a stop as she swiveled her head around to stare at the one who had nearly collided with her, golden eyes slightly wide in surprise. She managed to keep herself from making a retort out of annoyance to the newcomer, after all..she had been distracted as well.

Taking a subtle step back so she could look better at her new companion, she didn't quite recognize him though that didn't bother her much. Lavinia didn't spend much time getting to know her fellow denoctians, she was far too busy wandering outside of her home. Spying and working for her king. So she often was gone and outside of court life, which left her often out of the loop of names and faces within her home.

"I suppose I can forgive you. Besides you weren't the only one to have their mind wandering." Lav replied softly with a friendly enough smile on her lips. "Forgive me but I don't believe I've ever met you before? I am Lavinia." Perhaps not the best of introductions but the proper way of doing things was always lost on the young girl.

@Cynix
speech color!

Cynix

CYNIX
day met night

Cynix felt his wings flutter, before he forced them to fold down against his head once more, instead tucking up against his head neatly along his mane. Even so, he felt embarrassed at having not noticed the girl, but he still tried to offer a small smile, a twitch of his lips that was soon flickering away instead, and he blinked those pink eyes of his and tried to not look like he was staring. She was a face he hadn't seen around, so of course he was curious, but at the same time, wary. Many knew of his parentage, and it was hard not to realize he was the son of Torstein of Solterra, with his colors and looks.

Shaking his head, he managed to push the thoughts away, instead flicking his ears forward to listen to her, curious as she didn't recognize him, but all the same feeling relieved, his shoulders easing out of the tense posture they'd been held in. "I am Cynix. Nice to meet you, Lavinia. I haven't seen you around here, do you often stay in the keep? Then again, I tend to just stay in the library..." He trailed his thoughts aloud, before he cleared his throat.

Really, he wasn't much seen in Denocte, due to being buried in books, though there were times that he wasn't in the Court at all but wandering out of the borders and exploring, keeping to himself and far from eyes that would place his relations in the proper place. He didn't much like being stared at, so he tended to keep away from others as much as he could.

@Lavinia || <3 !