Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - who's that? oh crap it's ME! [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

"And take some of them green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees,
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
Don't you forget my Unicorn."

My barely-tolerable yet somehow endearing singing continues, ignorant  of the desert wildlife that runs away in terror at the sound. I chuckle as I watch some desert lizards run away from me, then try to hiss in return at a snake that warns me away. I kick sand at it and it threatens to strike. I move away awkwardly, grunting with effort and I pin my ears against my skull. Maybe I shouldn't taunt snakes... I head south from the Day Court, wandering a little bit west as well. Hours I wander, having no real idea if I'm lost and going in circles, or I happen to be on the right course toward new lands and new adventures. Finally... I see ahead of me what looks like a goddamn oasis. I scoff -- of course it's an oasis, that's the hallucination everyone gets in the desert! But no matter how many times I blink my eyes, the oasis stays there. So.. I continue on, and the oasis nears. Finally I have arrived, and I find that it is no oasis such as can be conjured by mere imagination. No, it is surrounded by rock and stone formations, and the pool of water is surrounded by lush grasses, the source seeming to be a waterfall. But where that comes from, who knows? I traverse the grasses, enjoying the feel of the cool grass beneath my hooves. I stop when I reach the waterfall, and drink from the fresh water. It's deep there, enough to swim in, and I step into it, hoping that in enjoyment of this paradise that perhaps my hoof will knock a relic, or my lazy eyes see it on the bank.

WC: 315
Tag:

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x