Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - wildflower afternoon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

Spread seeds

of happiness.

A performance on the main stage had drawn the majority of the crowds from the booths lining the trees and the flowered meadow. From where Eulalie stood, it appeared to be some sort of dance accompanied by a simple instrumental bit of music. The golden haired woman had been watching the stage from a distance, enjoying the presentations put on by Delumine natives and visitors alike. She had nothing of her own to share, no particular talent to show off, but she would give each her full attention and praise.

For the time being, Eulalie had made her way toward a stand she had yet to visit. Set up by none other than the ringleader of this festival, Ipomoea appeared to be fashioning flower crowns for one and all, not so unlike his own. She recalled the man as being Emissary, turned Regent upon Somnus' claim to the crown, but like many she did not know him well at all. With the lull in traffic, the sunshine woman made her way to his booth, glancing over the crowns he had crafted before offering him a warm smile.

"Hello Ipomoea, I was hoping I could steal your attention for moment," she posed the request with shining earth colored eyes and a slight tilt of her head. She was sure he had absolutely no idea who she was, but regardless, she would change that. "I'm afraid crowns don't befit me, do you think you could work your magic on my braid instead?" Her head turned slightly, exposing the braid that fell down the side of her neck and tamed the majority of her gilded curls, keeping them away from her face and exposing freckled ivory skin.

"My name is Eulalie, warrior of the Dawn Court. Congratulations on your regency," Eulalie referred to, of course, the meeting that had been held to announce the changes to the sovereignty of the court. Though she had not been as vocal as the others, nor one of the many vying for his then vacated position, she had been standing amongst the gathered crowd. "I'm afraid I have been living in Delumine far too long to know so few, and I thought what better an occasion to get to know my new family than a festival?" She laughed lightly and smiled thoughtfully, "You have done an amazing job putting it together."

@Ipomoea Eulalie just immediately loves everyone from Delumine lol

space

Ipomoea

The flowery Regent had not left his station for most of the festival—people were constantly stopping by, for both their first crowns and to replace the old ones. It kept him busy enough that he had recruited a couple of foals looking for a few signos to pick fresh flowers for him. Of course, their eyes weren’t quite as practiced as his own, and some of the flowers they brought him were unusable, but Po appreciated their effort and willingness nonetheless.

And being stuck at the booth meant Po got to see every body who went by. Plus he wasn’t too far from the stage, so he could still get peeks at the presentations, and listen to the songs and poetry. He found his eyes constantly looking for each new face that stepped up, anxious to not miss the pale, freckled Messalina’s dance that she had invited him to watch.

Of course, all of the presentations were important, and a joy to watch… but her’s was one Ipomoea was not willing to miss.

It was during one such moment when his head was turned and the foals were off picking more flowers that a voice caught his attention, one he could only describe as sunny and warm. And when he turned to meet her golden gaze, she looked exactly as she sounded: corn yellow hair falling into a bright, freckled face.

“But of course!” The enthusiasm in his voice was far from faked; it took the artful boy only a moment to pick the brightest of geraniums from his selection. “Which colors do you fancy most?” Personally he thought the whites and oranges would compliment her the best—but he’d leave that up to her.

“Thank you,” he imbued every last bit of sincerity and gratitude he had into the simple statement. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Eulalie.”

It never even struck him as odd that a warrior could be so lighthearted. To Ipomoea, flowers weren’t just for girls who wore dresses and hosted tea parties—they were for everyone, from the modest to the rough-and-tumbles.

“I know what you mean,” he admitted a bit shyly, his telekinesis weaving the flower stems through her hair. “I used to be away in other Courts more often than not. I thought it’d be easier to meet everyone here, where we’re all family…” His voice trailed off, his tone thoughtful. He was so much more self conscious here, constantly finding himself second guessing each word and action. It was ironic, in a way; shouldn’t it be easier to convince his own Court to love him than three foreign Courts? And still, it seemed more important in a way to have his fellow citizens see only his best side; desperate for them to love him as much as he loved them.

“How long have you been in Delumine for?” A quick switch of the topic to clear his mind always worked. His curiosity was getting the better of him once more. When he was Emissary, his entire job was to travel and meet new people. Now that he was needed at home more often than not…

Well. He would just have to live vivaciously through the stories of others, he supposed.

@Eulalie sorry for the wait! <3

"talk." text.

spaced code
elizahveta art

Eulalie

Spread seeds

of happiness.

His enthusiasm was infection, and Eulalie could not help but smile, big and kind, in Ipomoea’s direction as he spoke. With her attention directed toward the flowers, she glanced over the myriad of colors laid out before her, and the few he had plucked himself from the table. Her smile softened thoughtfully. They were all so beautiful, she could tell every flower had been chosen with care. There were all sorts of blooms in every shade imaginable, certainly something that would suit any man or woman that approached the booth.

“Those are lovely. You certainly know how to choose a flower, don’t you?” the compliment slipped past her lips with ease, “If you wouldn’t mind throwing in just a touch of purple, I think it would be perfect. Purple is my favorite color.” She kept her head turned, so that he would be able to work with her braid without trouble, but she also kept her attention firmly on him.

“The pleasure is mine, really. I couldn’t have passed up an opportunity to have the master work his magic on my hair,” she laughed lightly, joyfully, “Besides, someone really needed to tell you how wonderful of a job you’ve done with the festival. It’s an inspired idea, really.” The genuineness of her voice added a warm tone to it that could not be fabricated. It was a quality that Eulalie simply possessed, to be honest and considerable whenever possible. She’d had experience with unkindness and never wished to be that way herself.

She glanced out of the corner of her eye at the mahogany and ivory man, taking in his expression and the mindfulness of his voice. Eulalie offered him a soft smile. “The thing about family, real family, is that they will love you for who you are.” Then she looked out over the gathered crowd, watching everyone as they enjoyed themselves. Somewhere out there was Somnus, she was sure, and Ulric, who was more family to her than the one she had left behind in Solterra.

“Oh, just a little over a year now,” she responded to his question. “In some ways it feels like very little time has passed, but I also can’t imagine how I could have lived anywhere else.” A happy sigh escaped her, brushing past her lips without thought. She was very content here. In Delumine, a whole world had been opened up to her that she had never had the chance to explore before. A world in which she was her own person, and belonged to no one. It was something she could never forget and would always be grateful for. “What about you? Have you always lived in Delumine?”

@Ipomoea <3

space