Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - sacrifices [ REGIME ]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

Isolated. They were stuck behind gates and she would not stand for it when the rest of her family was not there. Her duties were to her Court but she would not place them before her family. No sacrifice was worth cutting her family off from herself.

Araxes had made up her mind.

Shaking her head, the mare moved herself, a determination singing in her veins brighter than anything else had ever been in her life, hooves clicking on the flooring as her wings tucked against her head, eyes narrowing slightly as she walked. Her pace only picked up after a moment, to something more of a trot as she listened to her own steps, her own heartbeat. Ara was not one to seek conflict by nature, preferring to avoid it or soothe it, so this was a new step for her, and she turned down a hall.

One of the regime would be here, she knew that much, and another turn brought her in to a room in the large structure of the court, her head bobbing slightly out of agitation and her breathing a little harder from the adrenaline that tingled at her.

"We need to talk." The words came out, and it surprised her just how calm they were as she stood there. Such a gentle mare but a fierceness gleamed in her eyes, lighting her up and feeding her what felt like lightning in her veins. "I cannot stay here, trapped behind these gates, while my entire family is outside of them. I know my duty is to be Champion of Wisdom but how can I be someone wise to look up to if I stay within these walls and choose it over my family?" Her voice was softer, but she was still firm.

Not angry, not loud. Simply, determined.

@Reichenbach @Aislinn or @Isorath for this (so @Spaced / @Roo / @Arahvir ) since she's a champion and all