Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Poor Timing

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Raglan

The pale fullness of the moon cast a serene light over the Illuster Meadow, dipping the world in silver and gentling the sharp planes of the two stallions’ faces. Walking side by side, as they had since leaving the stone walls of Dusk, the pair had traversed rivers and roads to reach the festival that Cynix had spoke of. 

The festival that was nowhere to be found.

Incredulous, Raglan noted the trampled grasses and flowers of the meadow, the half crowns woven of blossoms, and the faint scent of bodies that lingered about the meadow. Slowing to a stop, the Crow looked about, hoping that the festival had just moved to a different location, but knowing that they must have arrived too late. With a disappointed exhale, the bloody bay scuffed a single opal hoof against the soft earth and cast a glance at Cynix. It wasn’t that they had missed the festival, it was that his friend had seemed so excited to get away for awhile, and now Raglan couldn’t hope to mimic the sort of company that was provided by dozens of strangers and gallons of wine. 

Though it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Perking his ears forward and halfway opening his wings in excitement, the spindly stag performed a rather stunted read and tapped his hooves upon the ground in a quick jig-like pattern. “So!” He cried, grin splitting his features, “It seems we have taken the term ‘fashionably late’ a bit too seriously.” Punctuating his statement with a wry twist of his lips and a wink, Raglan ventured on, “But do not fret, Little Sinner, there are still adventures to be had! I’m sure there are some stragglers about here somewhere.”

@Cynix heyooo everyone is invited~

Cynix

CYNIX
day met night

The only things that seemed to remain of the festival were petals and flowers scattered on the road under their hooves in the light of the moon.

The meadow was flattened underhoof, the scents were fading but still there. His ears twisted as he felt his stomach tighten, a pang of disappointment in his chest. It was a cold little jolt, but he only turned his head toward the other, focusing on an opal jewel, before he smiled just a little bit. "We can always just explore the Court too, learn about it? Though this place is already beautiful..." He simply enjoyed the fact he was there with Raglan, if anything.

Still, a laugh bubbled in his chest. "There might be some, but that's okay if we don't find them. We still have the two of us? Though I know I'm not the best company." His voice was soft, and he let out a laugh after. It was a joke, really, he knew he was a decent bit of company.

@Raglan || skdflskjdf I love these two sm

Raglan

We could always explore the Court too, learn about it? Though this place is already beautiful...

Raglan's joy could only grow as he allowed a chuckle to rumble up from his belly, "I should have known you had an ulterior motive, Scholar. Always searching for new information to plant in that beautiful mind of yours." Craning his neck so as to bump the pale shoulder of Cynix with his blackened muzzle, the Pegasus was reminded of the seemingly endless nights spent with the alabaster male in Denocte's shadowy library. It had began as soon as Cynix had spied Raglan's inconsistent learning patterns beneath the mint tea-flavored tutelage of the Night Court Regent - it hadn't been unlike the pale yearling to spend hours in the library, so what harm could be done by helping the piteously illiterate Crow in his studies?

The two had become fast friends during those first few sessions - with Raglan rolling his eyes good-naturedly and applying himself the best he could between furtive glances at the shockingly intelligent and disarmingly kind child of Day and Night. It had taken a lot of effort and frustration - the frustration was mostly Raglans, as Cynix seemed to have a bottomless well of patience attached to his star speckled soul - but after hours upon hours of study, the Silvertongue could read as well as any.

Though he still had to follow the page with a stick.

Grinning over at his friend, Raglan decided not to resist his impulse to drape a wing over Cynix's broad back - a show of camaraderie amidst disappointment. Lifting his head to gaze at the swollen moon, the Crow felt a sigh escape his lungs and loosen the knot in his chest.

"I think you're just fine company, Cynix. Preferable to the rabble, definitely."

@Cynix CHOPPY POST SORRY

Cynix

CYNIX
day met night

The sheepish smile pulled along a mottled mug, and Cynix felt his ears twist back just a little, brushing over the feathers of his wings as he looked at his larger winged friend. "In my defense, there really was a festival happening. We just.. happened to be a little late." His head drew back a little, and coral eyes focused on the night sky, the dancing of stars and the occasional streak that seemed to run across to the horizon, vanishing. The skies were beautiful at night, and while he preferred to have his nose somewhere in the books, it was good to be outside while the rest of the world seemed to be falling in to insanity.

He was plucked out of his thoughts by a wing on his back, massive and warm, feathers tickling at his sides. Cynix blinked, looking back down from the heavens to look at the bloody bay beside him, a small smile tucking his lips up. "Me, fine company? Even with my nose stuck in a book?" Or his head in the clouds. Honestly, he found he enjoyed wandering more than anything. The stifling library had felt more.. claustrophobic than usual lately, so wandering when the gates had closed seemed to be the best choice for him.

Shaking away the thought, the purple and ivory boy let out a sigh, his chest heaving a little before he loosened his shoulders. He felt guilty that they were late to the festival, the remnants of flowers only petals dancing in the chilled night air, dancing away. Some were just pressed in to the ground too far, and he only lowered his head to poke at a discarded lower crown with his nose, sighing and lifting up once more.

"I'm sorry we're late..." If he could fly, perhaps it would have been... better. But his wings were small, behind his ears. Useless.

@Raglan || <3