Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a part of something greater than before

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

Eulalie made her way with purpose through the streets, toward the citadel. She had many memories of being inside these walls. The library, the day she had helped Somnus to cite their experience with the Rapax dolphins. The keep, where Alba had found her and drawn her out to the same man's aid. The ivory and sunshine woman though of that night fondly, a soft smile on her face, but it was not quite right. There was a certain worry to her eyes, a crease in her brow. Perhaps, she thought, after this day she would make more memories here.

Perhaps, the anxiety in her whispered, she would not.

She had already voiced the news out loud, to one. One she knew she could trust, when she had been keeping it to herself since she found out. Ulric's response had eased her fears somewhat, and yet she had hesitated to go to Somnus with it. Eulalie had wanted to wait for the meeting called by Tempus to pass first. She had not wanted to put more stress on Somnus' shoulders, but a short time had gone by and she knew she couldn't procrastinate any longer. Soon, it would be easy to see the changes and she wouldn't be able to hide it.

The golden warrior stopped outside the large doors that would take her inside, readying herself with a slow breath. When she pushed through, she called out to the first person she saw wandering the halls, "Where is Somnus?" Her earth brown eyes searched their face for some indication of whether they knew, and if she knew the golden, green eyed man, he would be here somewhere, hard at work. Still, she could see the woman did not know, even as she said, "I must speak with him, it is important."

"Speaking."

@Somnus <3

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

"Oh, but my tongue is a weapon."
Something about him had changed since that late night spent at the Creek with Eulalie. A fire had ignited in his breast, a passion, a confidence. The gentle-hearted warrior’s words resonated with him even after they had parted ways that following morning, and the Dawn King’s steps were more confident, more poised, more prepared. She believed in him. Ulric, Ipomoea, so many others… They all had faith that he could do what needed to be done, and it would be so.

While not meant for Kingship, it was his burden to bear, and Somnus had every intention on wearing it proudly. After all, he could not lead by standing still. It was ironic that after all this time, he was finally following his own advice. The time to finally do so could not have been more pressing than now. He just hoped that his self-confidence could last.

Stalking the corridors of the citadel, Somnus and Alba moved as one. The barn owl fluttered on ahead of the dunalino, gliding almost lazily through the hallways and avoiding those that they passed with an almost practiced ease. She was a graceful creature when she wasn’t feeling particularly lazy, which much to Somnus’ chagrin, was quite often. Still, the barn owl was in a happy mood, and that mood brightened even more when she wheeled about a corner and spotted Eulalie at the double-doors of the citadel.

’It’s Eulalie! Somnus, hurry up, you lazy git!’ She did not need to see Somnus’ eye roll in response to her teasing, for Alba could just as easily feel it. The barn owl let out a few happy little pops! as she drifted through the air with a mighty beat of her wings and took up a perch upon a nearby window sill. She preened for a moment before turning beady black eyes upon the ivory and golden warrior, so very pleased for her arrival. If only she could communicate to Eulalie the same way she could with Somnus…

Rounding the corner only moments later, Somnus’ expression softened as he regarded the woman who stood by the entrance. His chest grew warm as he ventured closer, his expression softening. Greeting the passing servant with a nod and a smile as she ducked out of the way, the Dawn King’s verdant eyes drifted to take root upon Eulalie’s beautiful frame. Gods, but she was slowly working a little niche into that deep part of his heart… “Eulalie,” he murmured, not even bothering to hide the fondness that coated the sound of her name, “It’s wonderful to see you, darling. Are you well?”

tag: @Eulalie

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Eulalie

“Hello Alba,” Eulalie said, offering the barn owl a soft smile. The ivory and sunshine woman knew Somnus must be nearby if his bonded was here, and as if drawn by her thoughts, he rounded the corner of the hall and stepped into view. He spoke her name and she couldn’t help but to allow her eyes to drift over him, to drink him in. Despite the lingerings of uncertainty within her she wouldn’t change a thing between them. She stepped closer.

“Somnus,” her eyes were only for him, no longer caring about the walls that surrounded them or the bodies that passed, the eyes that subtly glanced. Eulalie smiled, despite everything, because she felt nothing but happiness to be standing by this golden skinned, green eyed man. “I’m doing just fine,” she responded, and now that she was here, now that she had come to tell him the words that had been sitting on the tip of her tongue since she first found out, she couldn’t figure out why she had been so unsure.

She had no reason to doubt Somnus, no reason think he would send her away once he found out the news. Eulalie knew the feelings she had for him were real, and she could only hope that whatever he felt for her was enough. Although she may have grown up with parents who did not appreciate her, cared for her like a daughter even, she would never give that life to her child. She would give them everything.

The only thing she couldn’t give them was a father. That was up to him.

“Somnus,” again, his name, slipping past her lips. At last Eulalie glanced around them only to see that there was nobody nearby. They were alone, but for how long she didn’t know. It was now or never she thought to herself as she finally met his verdant eyes. And she hoped, dearly hoped that everything would be okay. “I’m pregnant.”

"Speaking."

@Somnus

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

"Oh, but my tongue is a weapon."
Hearing that she was doing well put Somnus’ heart at ease. His warm, affectionate smile remained, allowing the distance to lessen between them as they came to stand almost intimately close. What they were exactly, he still did not truly know. Typically the golden sovereign loathed any form of ambiguity, irritated by the possible unknown, and yet… With Eulalie, things were easy. He did not need to know all or see all around her, for the world simply fell into its perfectly slotted place. A perfectionist’s dream, she was, and Somnus was a perfectionist extraordinaire.

Silence settled around them, gentle and soothing about his shoulders. Bodies passed and yet he paid them no mind, for his eyes were lost in her warm gaze. Still, the silence did not last long, for Eulalie had come bearing news that he could not possibly have fathomed. Straight and to the point, delaying and barring nothing, the words spilled from pale lips and Somnus’ verdant green eyes widened in surprise.

’I’m pregnant.’

The silence around them shifted, taking on an uncertain, cautious edge. Pregnant? For a blasphemous moment the Dawn King could not help but think that perhaps Eulalie was joking, but… No, no. The warrior’s expression, fierce as a battlefield, told no lie. She was telling the truth. Pregnant? Their passionate night spent on the shore of the Amare Creek came to mind, but just as quickly it was gone as he focused on the news revealed to him. He knew that the child must be his… But what would happen now?

"I-I beg your pardon?

Surprise and fear trickled through his veins and settled as a heavy weight in his chest. Somnus was not a man for surprises, and this! Oh, but this was far more than just an unexpected surprise! Blindsided, gob smacked, the dunalino did not know how in the world to react, other than attempt to speak for a few moments of surely inane looking foolishness. Mouth parting, he attempted to find the words, only for his lips to draw tight as they escaped him. What could he say? What was he supposed to say? What did Eulalie think of this discovery? Did she loathe him?

Alba let out a sound of irritation on Somnus’ behalf, her words scathing in his muddled head. ’Focus, you git!’ Focus. Focus, right.

Mouth closing, Somnus took a moment to ground himself before inhaling deeply. He did his best to relax, letting his eyes glance to the gold and ivory woman’s sides, still so lithe and untouched by the rotund shape of pregnancy, before returning to her chocolate eyes. “Eulalie…” What did she want from him? He would not abandon her. This was the result of a night born of stress-induced passion, and yet… Yet he felt far more for her than he should have. This happened because the two of them, yet Somnus had no intention on forcing her to raise this foal alone. He would never.

“… Whatever you need from me, whatever this child needs from me, I will fight until my last breath to provide. I will not let you do this alone.” That was the noble thing to do, right? And… Well, maybe Somnus thought the idea positively thrilling, now that the surprising was waning. Unexpected? Very. Exciting? Also very. A father… Goodness, he was to be a father. What would Ulric say? Or Po?

Hesitantly, Somnus went on, still unsure as to where they stood. “Eulalie… I need to know. Are you alright with this?”

tag: @Eulalie

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Eulalie

Eulalie breathed in slowly, tightening the muscles in her jaw against the pinprick of heat behind her eyes. She watched the repeated opening and closing of Somnus' jaw as he no doubt tried to process the news she had come bearing. Still, there was a hard lump forming in her throat that she tried to breathe past. Surely his reaction was normal? The warrior wanted to believe it was normal, and not her fears manifesting in front of her.

Yet, the more the silence stretched between them the more her own apprehension grew. She would not allow herself the tears that gathered, wanting to run down her freckled cheeks. Eulalie would not show such a weakness. If Somnus did not want anything to do with her, or their child, she would simply find a way to get through it on her own. She was so used to getting through things on her own, and this time would be no different she was sure. The ivory and sunshine woman took a step back, mentally preparing herself for rejection.

He spoke her name and she tried not to get lost in the way it sounded falling from his lips, earth brown eyes wavering, barely able to keep their focus on Somnus's face. The words that came after that, however, were so unexpected that she lost all the air in her lungs. It was like dropping into ice cold waters and surfacing to breathe in beautiful, warm air. Like laying on the sun soaked sands as the warmth soaked into your bones. It was only then that the tears welled up in her eyes and began to tumble down the curves and lines of her face. Eulalie stepped closer to Somnus until she could press her neck against his, wanting to bury herself in his fine ivory mane.

After a moment, she pulled back to look once more at Somnus, to search his verdant eyes. Her cheeks were darkened and wet, but despite the water in her eyes there was a sparkle to them that had been absent just minutes earlier. "I was worried, at first," she admitted, and it was difficult to voice her doubt, "but I'm... happy." Eulalie smiled for that first time in that moment. "We're going to be parents, Somnus," and it was still hard to believe, yet with him at her side she was sure everything would be alright.

"Speaking."

@Somnus <3