Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - family, friends and loved ones

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

Eulalie

WHAT IS DONE IN LOVE,
IS DONE WELL.

Eulalie had, of course, insisted on accompanying Somnus and the rest of the regime to the summit. She would never have been content with staying behind, not knowing, wondering. Besides, she was more than curious about this new place Tempus had shaped simply for this meeting. It reminded her of the story Somnus had told her what seemed like weeks ago now, in a firefly filled meadow.

She stood faithfully at his side, looking at the open doors that beckoned him and all the other sovereigns and regimes of the courts forward. He turned to place a kiss upon her cheek and she smiled, for him alone. Her earth brown eyes followed him as he turned and made his way into the clearing, and they lingered for a moment even after the golden man was gone from her sight.

They were here for a reason, of course. A meeting called by Tempus was nothing to sniff at. Eulalie, however, had another reason for the knots in her stomach, the concern in her eyes. She turned her head to seek out someone very dear to her: Ulric. She knew he had been part of the small group that had come from Delumine. It took only a few seconds to find him among the gathered, and she made her way toward him with what felt like a confession on her tongue.

"Ulric." She spoke gently to pull his attention toward her, without attracting anyone else's, she hoped. The golden haired woman's gaze flitted over his for a second, suddenly fearing what would come of her revelation. What would he think? She steeled herself quickly, no backing out now. She needed to tell someone or she was going to drive herself mad with worry. "I'm expecting."

@Ulric 
space

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

and all their words for glory

well they always sounded empty

Ulric didn’t like it – his inability to follow at the Regime’s side and watch over them as they made their way past the doors into where they were all to meet. He looked over every single unfamiliar face that passed them by with a critical eye, yet there was nothing he could do except to stand outside, wait, and hope for the best. At least in their stead, he could watch over the rest of Delumine’s citizens and ensure their safety until they went back.

Eventually, the doors shut, leaving the impressive groups that had gathered to wait, biding their time with baited breath. With a lofty sigh of his own, the Warden turned his back on the meeting area and sought out the familiar faces of his own land. Molten eyes fell first upon Eulalie and a gentle, yet strained smile tugged at his dark lips, but even that was soon to fade away as he soaked in the anxiety that plagued her expression. His ears tipped back in concern and before he could so much as murmur her name in response, she was speaking, and Ulric swore his ears betrayed him.

She was… expecting?

For a moment he could do nothing more than to stare long and hard, disbelief wrought in the angular edges of his profile. The image of Somnus’ final act towards the golden-haired warrior flashed in the back of his mind, a tender kiss shared between them before the Sovereign disappeared. Oh, he had taken notice of the amount of times they seemed to go off together, and deep down, Ulric wished for something more than simple friendship to become between them. After everything they had been through, Gods knew that they were both deserving of so much more than what they had.

”You’re-… you’re sure?” He asked only once the dumbfounded look had faded from his face, at least a little bit. Then, another question, softly spoken so as not to be overheard by those in passing. "... Does Somnus know?" An assumption, because if not with him, then who?

@Eulalie

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Eulalie

Eulalie

WHAT IS DONE IN LOVE,
IS DONE WELL.

“Yes,” she said, almost breathlessly. “I’ve been to the caretakers with sickness and well… yes, I’m sure,” her dark eyes searched Ulric’s own, worried by the bewilderment she saw there. Eulalie’s stomach dropped. Ulric was such a large part of both her and Somnus’ lives, if he was not happy for her how would she find the reassurance she had come looking for? She shifted her weight, gaze sliding away from the man before her and into the distance. What would she do? Her heart beat quickly, and she swallowed past the lump in her throat.

“He doesn’t. I wanted to wait to tell him… I didn’t think he needed to be worrying about having a child while he’s in a meeting with the God of Time,” Eulalie laughed lightly, but it was half hearted and strangled. When she looked back at Ulric she attempted to compose herself, to put forth a stronger mask than what she was actually feeling. “I will tell him once we are back home.” A promise, a decision. She knew waiting too long would not be good for anyone.

She could never regret the things that had happened between her and Somnus… she cared too deeply for him, and would never want anything to change. But not knowing what he would think, not knowing if he would be by her side through it, those thoughts were ones she could not easily push away no matter how much she would like to.

“I can’t do this by myself, Ulric.”

@Ulric
space

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

and all their words for glory

well they always sounded empty

The sharp edges of his face surely conveyed his disbelief of the situation. Oh, he knew that Eulalie would not lie to him, particularly not to this degree, but... It was just so unexpected and sudden that the Warden momentarily found himself at a loss of words, but that wasn’t to say he lacked that tickle of excitement deep within his breast.

It was all muted, however, as he took in the heaviness that seemed to cling to Eulalie’s every feature, every curve of forced composure on her delicate face, even the half-hearted laughter that escaped her. A soft frown pulled against his dark lips; these things weren’t befitting to the strong, passionate warrior that was Eulalie.

“Probably a wise decision,” he offered gently, even if the thought of Somnus being hurled into a completely dumbfounded and bumbling state would be comical in every other situation but this one. Right now the Sovereign needed to focus on the task at hand - figuring out why the Gods had called them forth - and only afterward could he learn of his impending fatherhood.

With her final statement, Ulric wasn’t sure whether he could feel his heart swelling or deflating. To go through this, or anything alone was something the warrior would see to never happening. Was she fearful Somnus would turn away from her once he heard the news and want nothing to do with her or their unexpected child? Frightened that, maybe, she would be left to rear it by herself?

Before he was completely aware of it, he was stepping closer to Eulalie, lifting his head with the intent to drape it gently over her neck. “And you won’t,” came what he hoped to be words of reassurance, and against her gilded skin he hoped she could feel him smile. “Me, Somnus, Po, everyone... We’re all gonna be there for you, though it all.” A promise made easily, for Ulric knew there was no way it could not be true.

There was so much he wanted to say, as he couldn’t begin to imagine how Eulalie must feel, but he feared that in this case, less might mean more. He craned his neck and held more tightly to her. “... Somnus won’t go anywhere. I can guarantee that. He loves you, Eulalie; I’ve seen it in both of your eyes.” A moment of silence was allowed to pass between them, and as his smile deepened, he added. “As for me? I can’t wait to meet my little niece or nephew.”

@Eulalie :3

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Eulalie

Eulalie

WHAT IS DONE IN LOVE,
IS DONE WELL.

When Ulric stepped toward her and placed his head over her neck, Eulalie leaned a little further into his embrace. She took comfort in the words of her long time friend. She could do nothing else but take him at this word, for she trusted him so. But could he possibly know the others well enough to say as much for them? She so dearly hoped that were true. Eulalie had been alone in so many situations before in her life, but this was not something she wanted to do by herself.

"Thank you, Ulric," she murmured, closing her eyes in some measure of relief. What he said next, however, set her heart to racing for a different reason than worry. Could it really be true? Eulalie knew the feelings she had for Somnus were genuine, and they had only grown stronger the more time they spent together, but love? Some voice in her wondered if she knew what love really was. Never before in her life had she recalled ever feeling loved. Not by her family nor the man they'd sold her to. Their love was measured in beauty and social status. But Eulalie was not her family. Despite her fears, she knew there was love in her, and that she could and did love, even if she wasn't quite sure what that meant for her and Somnus in the future.

"I've never felt for anyone what I feel for Somnus," Eulalie admitted, finally drawing back from Ulric's embrace. In her earth brown eyes shone a plain and simple truth. "Being with him is like laying in the sun on a warm day, feeling content, and warm and happy." Then she could not help but laugh gently, her gaze traveling up and down Ulric as though sizing him up. "Uncle Ulric, huh?" she questioned, thinking it over, "I think it has a nice ring to it." And then she smiled, well and truly, for the first time since finding out the news of her pregnancy.

"speech"

@Ulric
space