Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Be my Judge

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

The grand keep housed many halls, and many souls. There was always some sort of fray or throng for the Night Court denizens to take part in. There were many who indulged their hedonistic desires, and still, she found the citizens of Denocte to be some of the most respectful. Noctiilucent wandered through one of the many, vast halls within the keep. The stench of smoke wafted through the open air, it had no source that she could place. It hadn't really bothered her any though, she doubted she'd seek it. Noctii listened to her daggers collide with the stone ground,  the steady rhythm of her steps soon mesmerized her. It had been awhile since she'd drifted off into a trance that took her back to her homeland. It wasn't that she never thought of Reth, but it was that she rarely thought about the meanings of the events that led her here. The horned minx hadn't realized her gaze had traveled skyward as she moved. She wasn't noticing much of anything anymore.

The steady four-beat rhythm of her walking gait created a gentle song in the background of her thoughts. Her trajectory was not clear to her consciously, but she was drifting toward the collection of books and records that were housed in the library. Noctiilucent breached the doorway, broken from her trance by the change in how the ceiling overhead looked. Her cerulean orbs were momentarily covered by her ash stained lids. A small "oh" escaped from her lips as she realized that she'd just wandered through the keep somewhat recklessly. The minx shook her head as if to dispel what was left of the trance she'd just been in. Noctiilucent moved further into the room, it was dimly lit as dawn had not yet begun. She hadn't realized that the whole night had passed while she wandered the halls aimlessly, and lost in thought. No wonder she hadn't run into anyone.

"Speech"
Notes: Sorry for the awful starter. ;__; I'm struggling with starters rn
Tags: @Aethelind
Words: 324

Hold onto Me
When you think you're sinking

Aethelind

i know loving you is a crime

I found myself unable to sleep throughout the night, once again. Honestly, I don't know why the fact that I couldn't sleep at night was a surprise to anyone any longer.

The time of Caligo always seemed to call to me, like a mother beckoning to their child who had strayed too far off of their permitted path. And so, once again, I found myself wandering through the hallowed halls of Denocte. Pale, blue eyes drifted lazily from each stone that made the magical walls of the keep, overly active mind attempted to count each and every stone I happened to step on. The sound of which echoed through the halls, calling me further and further into the solitude that would be offered where ever it was that my path would end.

My usual stomping ground when insomnia took over was generally closer to the dangerous peaks of the Arma, allowing the wind's cool grasp to weave between rose gold and ivory feathers as I found a perch along a cliffs edge where I could see everything clear as day. There, the rest of the world melted away as the heroes who had since become nothing but mere story tales to tell our children kept their protective gaze over me until the sun began her slow ascend back to her throne when I would creep back into the keep to find a place of solitude to finally get some rest.

But tonight I hungered for more than just the watchful gaze, I yearned to further my knowledge of...well, everything. The ghost of a smile lit across my feminine features as the soft glow given off by the perma-lit torch gave way to the entrance to the great library. Here, one could find a book or scroll on any topic imaginable. Tonight though, I was more concerned on a past time of mine, surely there was information I was lacking on the great constellations. Pearly eyes lit up with excitement as I wandered through the rows and rows of literature until I stumbled across the one I was looking for specifically. It was while I danced back into the open area of the library to settle upon a dusty old rug to read, when I heard the sound of another entering the library.

Rose gold ears flicked forward as curiosity flooded my nervous system, who else could possibly be awake at this hour? Were there others who preferred the solitude of Caligo's supervision? Tenderly, I stepped out of the aisle and glanced towards the doorway where a horned, painted beauty stood, the haze of having been in a dream-like state slowly pulling off of her crowned features like a blanket being removed. Cautiously, in case the stranger had been sleep walking, I took a small step towards her, a smile pulled across my face. "Couldn't sleep?"

"speech"

art by elizahveta & table by rommy
@Noctiilucent & sorry it's a bit rough ~ & 481 words

Noctiilucent

It was not long after her entrance that another equine's head popped out from one of the aisles. They were pale in colour, with wings that appeared to be hiding behind the sturdy shelves that housed some of the books. They offered Noctii a gentle smile, it was a gesture that the daughter of Reth could only describe as 'quiet.' She returned the gesture somewhat awkwardly, her shyness was not something that surfaced too often. Noctii was always cautious, but hardly bashful. "Not in days. I've tried everything else by now. You?" She murmured gently while she moved closer to her unplanned company. Noctiilucent had truthfully come to seek solace or something that could quiet these racing thoughts in her head. The sun-splashed maiden ceased her movements a respectful distance from the other mare, her blue gaze was averted. She scanned the rows of books nearby, instead of looking directly at her companion. "I'm Noctiilucent. I've just recently joined Denocte."

The introduction was hardly impressive, and the bold nature she'd displayed to Reichenbach was very absent tonight. Perhaps it was the cause of her sleepless nights. Noctii wasn't sure what the real root of it was, but she wasn't overly pleased about the fact either. Noctii wasn't overly interested in much small talk, instead, her curiosity for the rows of bound pages seemed to consume her. At least it did now that she wasn't lost in the thoughts of her homeland, nor worrying about her violent sister. "I feel like it has been centuries since I've been surrounded by a font of knowledge. An exaggeration of speech on my part, but I have missed the smell as I have missed the presence of history..." Noctiilucent trailed off, she moved to brush past the pale dame that hovered between the rows. She glanced back towards her companion, a silent invitation to join her stroll deeper into the library. There was a gentle smile on her face once more. "Where would I find the tales of the forging of Denocte? If you know that is." 

"Speech"
Notes: Hot garbage.
Tags: @Aethelind
Words: 343

Hold onto Me
When you think you're sinking