Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Tick-tock

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Umbra

I was unsure just how long I had traveled through the open landscapes of this new found land. The sun gleamed across in the horizon casting a variety of warm tunes through the open skies mending with the lighter hues of blue before the deep navy would overtake the skies. There was a place I had been to, briefly, before the isles demise. Though the fault of that land was not placed upon my shoulders, instead it seemed to crash and burn all it’s own. For the most part it had been peaceful, something I struggled finding within myself. How did that saying go? All good things must come to an end? I suppose that could have been the truth of that place.

Delicate ivory lobes flickered listening to the music of the land. The few birds taking to the skies to sing their final tunes before hiding away to rest until the coming day. Rustling leaves from the few small animals seeking refuge and a hoot of an owl somewhere in the trees. I felt calm enough to close my golden gaze entrapping my mind within the darkness behind my lids. Standing in the open I took a breath of the air finding traces of many scents from times past and some new. Thoughts began to fade my mind coming to a halt and in the end there was just the subtle sound of my own breathing.

Slowly long blue lashes fluttered allowing my golden gaze to peek out over the darkened landscape. It was beautiful to say the least, enchanting really. I let my cranium tilt upward viewing the stars and how they sparkled high in the sky. If a moment could freeze and last forever, I would have chosen this one. Though the silence was broken, footfalls began to emerge the thumping of another catching my attention. Turning my ivory cranium to the side in order to get a better look of whom may have come. Perhaps this stranger came to enjoy the sight just as I had.

OOC: Open for anyone who would like to respond. Apologies for the quality; I need to shake off the rust.

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

Go and visit the other courts, hadn't that been what Somnus had asked of him? Had gently suggested? After all, it was part of his job, and instead he had kept his nose in books in Delumine. That was to change, and finally, the Dawn Emissary had found himself wandering the lands of Terrastella. Close courts by nature, it was one of the first places he figured he should visit, speak with the others in the lands.

So with that thought in mind, he had tread forth. It hadn't been too long, until he'd happened upon the border, and the scents had changed. Not much longer after that either, before his hooves had pressed in to soft grasses that were living their last bits before they went dormant for the upcoming winter months. But for now, it was a lovely autumn night, the stars dancing above as the horned man walked and dislodged the weight on his shoulders for once.

He thought more of himself than others for the first time in what seemed like months, taking in a deep breath of the night, and pausing his steps. The grullo splashed man bobbed his head, flicking ears forward as horns glinted in the light of the moon, and he blinked milky eyes at the one that had come up in the distance. She seemed part of the skies herself, and he was curious, ears flicking forward as he began to walk toward her once more.

"Hello," he called out at last, a small smile on his lips, twitching and pulling small scars.

@Umbra || MWUAHAHA MINE

Quinn

He came.

He saw.

He did not conquer.

Also, on that note, he muses as he walked, shouldn’t it be he saw, he came? Though that also depends on the situation too, as a grin spread across his lips. That would be far more amusing, he decided. With that thought in mind, the lad wandered across the field without a destination, and thinking some fairly unsavoury thoughts – well, unsavoury to others perhaps, though who knows, maybe someone would enjoy it.

He steered his ruminations over those words as he walked, with his green eyes bright and watching almost everything that he could that stood out, that moved, that drew his attention in to himself. The boy was feeling that same restless sensation he always had – he missed his sister Kinsley immensely, but he wouldn’t be going out there and making a show of it. He was happy to just wait and watch and see.

His attention was drawn by two figures though, one marked like the starlit sky and immediately catching his eye – she was a lovely figure, and so was the one who had approached her. Deciding right then, he made his way towards the duo and approached them with a spring in his step and a wild grin on his face.

“Isn’t the view here simply the best?” He says – and while he alludes to more than just their surroundings, Quinn looked relaxed as he squared his forelegs, and seeming to settle in.

He did enjoy meeting others. Quite a bit, actually.
Quinn
I'm on the edge with you

@Umbra & @Orion helloicrash :D

Umbra

Soft footfalls stirred in the distance, muffled by the still tender greenery. Heavy, but not terribly so from the sound. Ivory lobe perked as whomever it may have been began traveling in my direction. I wondered just how well they would have been able to see me if I was draped entirely in shades of blues and purples to better match the skies. Alas the ivory pigmentation gave my position clearly. Golden gaze flickered to the direction of the grey toned body bound with subtle scars lining his own features. An interesting creature with horns that gleamed under the light of the moon.

It took me a moment to realize the being that stood before me was in fact speaking, my mind lost somewhere in between. Though as his own gaze found their way to my own an intertwining mix between milky-gold, ”Evening.” I murmured between slightly fleshy colored lips spotted by the same dark coloration found around my eyes. I was unsure how my tune had come out, but I realized this equine was smiling. Why? Was it a pleasure to be in the company of another that one truly did not know? I musefully thought to myself.

Slowly I adjusted my slender frame to get a better view of the equine who stood before me bound in greys and whites. I’d noticed his antlers that seemed to stick up from all sides of his own cranium twisting into different directions. Tentatively I curled the corners of my pale fleshy toned lips upward into a half grin, unsure of whether this was traditional in this part of the realm. Then again there seemed to be another set of footfalls that captured my attention, flicking those ivory lobes into the direction of another.

Their step was less calm, more springy almost excited. Golden eyes slowly found the look of an equally shining hide bound with bright green pools. A rather interesting white mark streaking across his features, including a single horn that protruded through his skull similar to my own. This equines tunes were quick, to the point. A statement more than a question I assume, but I would answer regardless. ”I do enjoy it.” I responded tunes soft as I returned to position myself to see both equally.

OOC: pa-pa-pa-poker face

@Orion @Quinn

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

Away from the citadel and most of the structures that dotted along Novus, it was calm and beautiful, if a bit nippy with the chill of the autumn air. It bit his nose smartly whenever there was a gust, though he knew eventually he would get used to it, just as he would the winter.

There was a smile from the woman -- tentative and slight as it was -- that reflected the stars on her coat, and Orion found himself settling, though there was a set of hooffalls that had his ears twisting. He lifted his horned head and turned it, focusing the scarred side of his face toward the newcomer, ever thankful that his vision was fine in that eye, when it could have ended so much worse. The other stallion's tone was friendly, and the Emissary smiled just a little more, relaxation evident in his muscles. There was no reason to worry at the moment.

"It's a wonderful view. I haven't been under the skies in a while, myself, but I always seem to forget how lovely it is." What fine company they all made, three lookers with small smiles under the stars. "I'm Orion, it's always nice to see new faces. Forgive me for sounding dumb, but are you both part of the Dusk Court?" He himself was clearly not from the court, being as he was asking if they were a part of it.

It'd be good for him to have friends in another court, a reason to step out of the workings of Delumine every so often, should he need it.

@Umbra @Quinn || !!

Quinn

Interruptions were what he excelled at. Quinn had always been prone to it, and had as he gotten older realised how much he enjoyed being a sudden thorn in the side of another – even if only for a moment. Alarm, scaring, giving a sudden cause for concern – all of these things were a part of the enjoyment that he so wonderfully found in the moment. Quinn even now stood here with that silly smile still on his face, eyes brimming with a mischievous light in them – and he grinned wide then.

“It ain’t just the skies that is so lovely,” he does say as he looked between them. “Orion. As in the stars?” He says, cocking his head a little as his eyes looked over the bright fellow, softening, “A fitting name for such a figure,” he charms, his eyes looking to the other for a moment.

“The name’s Quinn… and yes, Dusk Court. Though I know little about it, yet. I always was a shit learner,” he laughs lightly though it is more at himself as he does. He looked around to the third, wondering who their name was – and if she was a part of the Dusk Court too or if he was insane.

Though, being a part of a court and being a part of the court were quite vastly different things to him.

But still, Quinn grinned.
Quinn
I'm on the edge with you

@Umbra @Orion holycrap I'm so sorry for taking so long. That car thing threw all my muse into a sinkhole D: