Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - second meetings

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Orion

ORION
exiled prince

A surprise indeed, to have the deities among the mortals once more, as if they'd finally taken a step off the precipice that they all held them on. Orion frowned a little at the thought, his ears twisting just slightly. He had heard the gods, had seen them himself, at least in some form of the word. Meeting them while they were in their statues was.. not exactly meeting them face to face, though he had seen Tempus' ability for himself. The shudder of the earth, the voice that boomed over them all, and how he had left them to scrabble in the dark, entirely ignoring them after turning his proverbial head away.

"They are. I myself have met them, in some vague form of the word. The father of them all, Tempus, he had called us to the Summit that he had flattened out. I was there, with the rest of the Dawn Court regime. Granted, gods aren't all as they're cracked up to be. We were trapped for a small bit there, when they turned a blind eye to squabble amongst themselves." He wrinkled his nose as he thought about it, shaking his horned head as he looked out once more across the blanket of fiery hues that danced with the wind. Breezes that sent leaves skittering and twirling in the air, even up to the cliffs, in front of his face. "It's a strange concept for anyone to grasp, there is no need to apologize," Orion mentioned, smiling softly.

His thoughts wandered then, from gods and deities, from being trapped, to instead the ashes on the wind that had choked him. He was in the past in his mind, breathing ragged ashes that burned his throat, fire that lit the skies. It had died down after hours and hours, and the damage had been done. He bore the wounds of the betrayal of those that wanted lofty seats. His eye, his nose. All of it. The scars on his hide were the testament to his survival, despite their attempts to eradicate the line that had sat upon the throne.

He had abandoned it regardless; he'd been too young.

Exhaling, he pulled himself from those thoughts, the dirt and dust of the past that still clung to his memories and soiled them. "Yes, in some sense. Novus allows a clean slate, a new beginning. It can at least be the beginning of something new. I myself found home in the Dawn Court, and have gathered a semblance of a life among its people. Perhaps you will find one here in the Dusk Court."

@Umbra

Umbra

The deities, gods, or what have you call them surviving here in the mortal coils. I wondered how long it would be before one turned on the others, purely based on some knowledge I had from my travels. There was always good and bad, pure and evil, two opposite sides of a coin that came with each. Eventually war would rage among them, the mortals who follow spiraling into that predicament. It is something I had seen, witnessed, in my younger days. Those who I had fought against in the revolution now only painted the streets with their lives. I couldn’t help but to press my velvety soft kissers together enough to form a line. Thoughts began to come at will wondering whether or not it would be a place for me to call home, if others were so devout to their own gods, deities, or whatever you have them be called. Perhaps one day I would have more trust, but for now I was unsure.

“I am not surprised they turned a blind eye to fight amongst themselves.” I mused my tunes hinting on laughter toward the end. “It seems it is a never ending process between different gods, deities even. There are always two sides of a coin, good and bad. Never able to mesh the two together without fights and war.” I responded slowly turning my golden gaze out toward the waves of colorful fire spread out before us. It was something that would always happen, whether you wanted it or not. I’ve read and heard too many stories, fought too many religious battles to know differently. Slowly I closed my gaze allowing my thoughts to roam my mind. Quietly navy lashes fluttered sorting through the thoughts that came and went. The air circling around my lungs filling with the crisp autumn air the scent of the very earth itself.

I could hear Orion’s voice rolling from between his pale fleshy lips, but for the moment I was content with the silence. An ocean of leaves began to sound rubbing against one another from the subtle breeze that found its way through the open landscape. “It is good to hear you have found a place you belong, Orion.” I finally spoke. Slowly opening my lids and giving a tilt to my cranium in order to better see him. Navy lashes brushing against pale ivory cheeks, “I can only hope I can find the same, but it is hard to leave a life of a wanderer when it fits so well.” I offered before lolling my cranium back to its resting place before basking in the warm afternoon sun perched high on this cliff top overlooking a sea of sunfire.

"speech"

UMBRA
the bombshell
@Orion | ooc; hopefully this isn't too terrible | image by huniidu@dA

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

A slow sigh pushed from his lips, and Orion's shoulders rolled slowly, going from tense, to dropping instead, his eyes closing a moment against the sight before him. The memories of the summit were still fresh, the chilling crack of rock as the archway had caved in, the sharp flashes of white above them as the deities argued and shouted back and forth, only clips of their argument heard by the mortals below. Orion had never felt as small in his life as he had then; an insignificant mark among others. Specks to be blown away by the wind like dust.

Shaking the thoughts off, milky white eyes opened again, and he blinked, turning his horned head to his present company, feeling his lips press in to the a thin line despite himself. "I am not either, though it was rather disheartening to realize that we meant nothing to them, despite being summoned there in the first place. We learned very little, other than the fact the deities are among us again." Among them, but would they bother to see them? Turn their eyes to the gods? Would the deities demand respect, after putting them through what they had? Orion certainly wouldn't be groveling any time soon before any deity, not even his own.

Thoughts of the deities, of mortality, and of what had transpired seemed to merely flit away from his mind, drifting off in to a nothingness. He would ponder on it later, should the others in the Regime wish to convene. They had yet to do so, but the meeting was still fresh.

"Leaving a life behind is hard no matter the background. I wandered for a long while myself, though I longed for a place to belong as well." A place to call home, instead of a place where he would still feel lost.

@Umbra

Umbra

Everything was still once more, the breeze had come and gone. The sound of the ocean of leaves slowed to nothing but the subtle chirps of birds that stay behind for the snowfall which was to come soon enough. I twisted ivory lobes listening to the subtle sounds of nature clearing my mind from the thoughts of gods and deities. They had existed long before probably the oldest living equine here on Novus and some only told as children's fairytale stories of wonder and greatness. All had their own powers, others had similar. Some were the same and only went by different names depending on where one was from. My own never showed themselves instead hiding within the grand palace one would assume a god would have lived in. Watching down and granting bountiful crops and fertility among the woman of the village. Though I often wondered whether or not there was really something there, or if I prayed as a child to nothing but the wind.

A light laugh rung out from between my pale velvety kissers sounding like twinkling bells a sound I hadn’t heard in quite some time. Deep navy lashes flickered fluttering allowing half a golden eye to be seen, to take in the scenery that surrounded the two of us. “I was just thinking whether or not the god I had believed in as a child was really there, or if all of my wishes and prayers were to the wind.” I spoke in a soft, gentle tune. It wasn’t very often I had let my guard down in order to let such thoughts wander into my head mixed with memories of my past. Though it felt nice, at least, to hear the laughter of my own voice again. It had really been far too long.

“I am not surprised, but one would think their followers would be important.” I mused lightly turning my ivory cranium back around to see the slight frown to his features. The light scars twisting forming different angles then what they had been before. Golden eyes rolled across his features taking in the subtle pink fleshy bits to the milky white eyes. A single ivory lobe twisted listening to Orion speaking once more I couldn’t help but give a slight nod of my own cranium. “Wandering expands my knowledge for the area, the terrain, and those that find themselves within this land.” I offered finally turning my cranium away before lifting a white limb upward the subtle amethyst hues spreading through my skin, “Tell me what do you know of the Dusk?” I asked taking a few steps closer to the edge of the perch we’d found ourselves on.

"speech"

UMBRA
the bombshell
@Orion | ooc; hopefully this isn't too terrible | image by huniidu@dA

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

The woman that was his company didn't smile much, but Orion found he didn't mind. He had been raised on pleasantries as a boy, to be formal and welcoming, warm, to smile politely and speak when spoken to. To give an opinion only every so often and not to interject too much when the elder royals were discussing plans, to listen and learn as much as he could. Such was the life of an heir prince, back when it mattered to him. Lessons that had stuck with him through his life, whether he realized it or not.

"Perhaps they were real. Who are we to know which deities are real and which aren't, unless they show themselves? The ones here.. I had scarcely believed myself until the voice came from the owl, the shudder that felt like it rattled my bones." His chest rumbled with a soft laugh, one that trailed off. "They're fickle things, deities, but much like mortals.. they have their squabbles and brawls. Disagreements. Though.. I like to think when two mortals like you or me or anyone else, when we argue, we do not cause winds to blow to make the trees bow, and that we do not make rocks shudder with our voices. They do damage, and I think they do not realize how they affect us." He shook his head, looking a little amused for a moment before he heaved a soft breath, a sigh.

Turning his horned head to Umbra, Orion tilted an ear, scarred lips flickering in to the ghost of a smile. "You would think, but to them, our lives are but the bat of an eye." It made him feel.. insignificant, thinking of it, and his ears twisted and went down a moment as he looked over their perch, at their view, and smiled a little at her words. It made his lips twitch, before it was gone. "Dusk is more known as Terrastella among those that live here... worshipers of Vespara, the dusk deity. Florentine is the sovereign, a gilded woman that leads them righteously. Dusk has no true quarrels with other courts, unlike Day and Night, who until recently have been at one another's throat."

@Umbra

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »