Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Golden Lullabye

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Thranduil

Thranduil

No matter how bright, brilliant, serene, or stunning a sunset is, it is always followed by a darkness. Its not necessarily a message of doom, for those are nightmares, not darkness. Many of you image the giant looming monsters behind the tree but that is not what the darkness at the set of the sun truly is. The darkness is at its core just as beautiful as the day, but in its opposite. The day is stunning for what it reveals, its clarity and honesty; the darkness is beloved for what it conceals, its secrets and mischief.

And so it was on the shore of the lake, as the sun cling to the tops of the mountains at dusk. Crickets, and birds were already falling away to quite evening lullabies as the first stars appeared above. The early evening air was heavy with moisture, but already beginning to bite with the chill of winter not far off. It was with the setting sun he finally appears. As the last rays of gold struck out over the sky, and reflected in the lake, another ray of gold slips down to the shore line. He’s not a usual face, but he walks like it. His Spanish neck lightly curled and at ease, his cloven hooves stepping in a swinging walk, all while his tasseled tail slides side to side. Take care though how you judge this scene, for invisible to you is the calculating mind within. Spinning. Weaving. Arching. Creating masterpieces of thought, in rich drawn plans.

This wasn’t his first evening here, just the first where he made an appearance. The golden had been keeping to the shadows, slipping among this new land quietly and peacefully, listening, watching. Most places these days he would perhaps nick a trinket or two, or have a bit of a laugh before moving on, but this place seemed different. Admittedly he could not gauge much from his silent lurking, but he knew enough to see an opportunity. That was enough. That had brought him here.

The gold unicorn stops at the shore, with its small spit of lake sand beach. In a calculated turn of his head, he looks further south, and though his gaze was seemingly uninterested, his eyes flashed momentarily with gold. Sparking. Energized. Hinting at the forces spinning within. The Night Court. The gold couldn’t paint a picture, but he could categorize the keep with what he’d learned so far. It was enough to fill him with thoughts of opportunities and riches he might find in, or seek out under their banner. He’d rest the night here before heading out in the morn to inquire about the realm of night. He rarely settled in one place, rarely stayed to long, but he was, in truth, growing bored of snatching wallets and rings. It was time for something a little more challenging.  A corner of his lip rise in the hint of a grin. It was time he stopped lurking and stepped out into the darkness.

OOC :: *cue awkward intro post* Oh well!
Hello all! Feel free to come meet Thranduil! Also, if anyone from the night court would like to come say hello and 'welcome' him that'd be great, though I know its chaotic right now. And if not Ill post there later. =) Anyway! Hope you like.  
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

Rostislav

This may surprise you, but I don't have eyes in the back of my head. In fact, even the eyes on the front of my head don't always work that great. So I think you can excuse me for not realizing that there is a stranger wandering throughout Denocte. After all, the place is huge. That being said, word travels when new, strange faces appear. Especially when they're seen wandering near the lake, the place that somehow always remains so near and dear to my heart.

Surprisingly quiet steps take me along the edge of the lake. The evening air is warm and comfortable, and my travel is casual. I saw the golden unicorn awhile ago in the distance, but have taken my time in approaching. His form slowly takes better shape, details coming increasingly into focus. He's within shouting range, but the night is so peaceful I can't bring myself to disturb it.

The twin horns on his head are like twins to mine, but our builds are dramatically different. Plus, I've got little dragon spikes on my face. Finally we are within easy speaking distance of each other, and I greet the handsome blonde. "Greetings stranger. What brings you to Denocte?" And the lake. Specifically my lake. That's what I'd really like to know.

Tag: @Thranduil
I kinda struggled with that. Sorry :| BUT HI THRAN! <3

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thranduil

Thranduil

It doesn’t take long. One gold hark catches a rustling in the tall grasses surrounding the lake. He was no longer alone. But the gold’s slight smile does not drop, nor waver. That was what he wanted after all. To be found. Had he wanted to remain unseen until tomorrow, the trees would have been his bed. By the lake shore though, he was sure to catch an eye. He’d done enough hiding. It was time to explore.

Crowned head turned to the coming creature, and though he keeps the rest of himself the same, his eyes can’t help but spark with the anticipation. With a whisk of his tasseled tail, he erases it off his features (even the smile mellowing down), but it remains within, hungrily grabbing for the coming possibilities. The coming brute was similar in horn, but he carried a heavier weight and build. Nothing threatening emanates off of his bulkier muscles though, and he does not call out any threats or warnings. The gold tail curls, impatient to begin the game.

He holds though, waiting until the other spoke, only letting earth eyes follow the creature to him, and as the other stops the gold dips his head, turning his hinds around to so he may face the brute. Stranger. Well there was no hiding it he supposed. Though he was loath to be straight forward, there was little point in guarding his intentions. He could have groaned at holding off on having some fun, but sometimes you do have to work. Besides, being so close to the court, it is likely this wouldn’t be the last time meeting the dark bay. “I seek the Night Court.” It comes out in a roll, smooth as silk, and in a low easement like dark wood, sanded smooth. Seeks the night court to what?... steal from it…for it maybe if the price it right…nab a bit of power here and there, maybe even a crown, or ohh perhaps manipulate a vulnerable mind into dashing itself against another? Hmm, perhaps it was best not to give away too much after all. So he added in the same ease after a pause. “To join it.” Well it wasn’t a lie.

The gold’s tail curls and holds. “I’m Thranduil.” He tilts his head slightly, a gentle smile coming forth, constrained friendliness perhaps. The creature hadn’t given the gold much to go on yet, and he was inclined to behave for once given the circumstances. Malicious grins do not classify as behaving. “At your service” It is added, as was tradition. Old habits after all, were hard to break.

OOC :: <3333 Lauren
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

@Rostislav