Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 503
▶ Season || Summer
▶ Temp || 74℉ (℃) - 100℉ (℃)
▶ Weather || The weather radar really does seem to be off the charts lately...
I wonder what's going on? (#23-26)

Spotlight

Character of the Season
El Toro

Member of the Season
Griffin

Thread of the Season
Bring Me Thunder; Bring Me Steel

Pair of the Season
Eik and Isra

Quote of the Season
"Her mother lives all in day, her father all in night, and Apolonia straddles the thin, dusky line halving her heart with not so much grace - startling awake in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, trying to find some way to compromise." — Apolonia in
The Vine & The Rain & The Light

see here for nominations

DISCORD

Updates - Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations
Novus Team — Official Novus Account Signos: 70,893
▶ Played by all staff [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 9
▶ Other [They/Them/Theirs] Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 3 [Year 500 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:

RESTRICTED ITEM REDEMPTIONS
Magics, Immortality, and Mutations

Once you have purchased a restricted item, you must respond to this thread with the correct form below in order to have your item recognized. For more information on the restricted item process, please read this guidebook page.

Passive Magic (Original Item)

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><center><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Redeeming Passive Magic</font></div></center>

<u><b>Information</b></u>
<b>Character receiving Magic:</b> LINK TO CHARACTER ACCOUNT
<b>One/Two-word description of Magic:</b> FOR STAFF TO PUT IN THE MAGIC RECORDS
<b>Have you purchased the 'Passive Magic' item?</b> YES OR NO
<b>-- If no:</b> IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?
<b>Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out?</b> YES OR NO

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval and recorded it under the Magic Records.

<b>Signed:</b> YOUR OOC NAME

~~~
</blockquote></blockquote>

Active Magic (Original Item)

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><center><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Redeeming Active Magic</font></div></center>

<b>Character receiving Magic:</b> LINK TO CHARACTER ACCOUNT
<b>Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item?</b> YES OR NO
<b>-- If no:</b> IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?

<b>One/Two-word description of Active Magic:</b> FOR STAFF TO PUT IN YOUR CHARACTER'S POSTBIT
<b>Opting for having a related Parvus Magic?</b> YES OR NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INCLUDE THE PARVUS MAGIC - ITS A BONUS
<b>-- If yes, give a brief description:</b> MUST BE RELATED IN SOME FASHION AND MAKE SENSE, CANNOT BE ACTIVELY CONTROLLED, MUST BE WRITTEN OUT IN PROFILE TOO
<b>Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out?</b> YES OR NO, MUST DESCRIBE BOTH THE ACTIVE AND PARVUS (IF PARVUS WAS OPTED FOR)
<b>How does the Magic relate to your Court?</b> EXPLAIN HOW YOUR MAGIC CAN BE LINKED TO YOUR COURT'S IDEALS AND WHY YOUR CHARACTER WOULD HAVE THIS MAGIC

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

~~~

Minor Mutation (Original Item)

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><center><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Redeeming Minor Mutations</font></div></center>

<b>Character receiving Mutation:</b> LINK TO CHARACTER ACCOUNT
<b>Have you purchased the 'Minor Mutation' item?</b> YES OR NO
<b>-- If no:</b> IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE OUTFIT?
<b>Does the Appearance section of your character's profile clearly detail the mutation they are receiving?</b> YES OR NO
<b>How many Mutations does your character currently have?</b> NUMBER OF EXISTING MUTATIONS AND MUTATIONS YOU ARE ADDING

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand that Minor Mutations do not give any offensive or defensive benefits to my Character. I understand that I must wait until staff approval before writing my character in IC posts with their mutation, and this may delay character acceptance. If I am found writing my character with a Minor Mutation other than the one(s) described in my profile, my Minor Mutation Item will be revoked without refund.

~~~

Rostislav — Night Court Warden Signos: 1,365
▶ Played by Lauren [pm] Posts: 163 — Threads: 28
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 43
▶ 8 [Year 494 Winter] Active Magic: Earth User
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Damaris (Hellhound)
Redeeming Passive Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: Rostislav
One-word description of Magic: Alcohol? If you give me two words it would be Enchanted Flask
Have you purchased the 'Passive Magic' item? Yes
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Lauren

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Lauren / @Rostislav, Passive Magic approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing Rostislav's enchanted flask in his posts, but please remember it should still remain a crude form of wine or basic spirit.
tracker
wishlist
plotter
dA
You may do whatever you want with Rostislav excluding permanent maiming, dismemberment, and death.

Florentine — Dusk Court Citizen Signos: 960
▶ Played by Obsidian [PM] Posts: 325 — Threads: 43
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 51
▶ 5 [Year 498 Spring] Active Magic: Time Travel
▶ 15 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Florentine
One-word description of Magic: Time-Travel
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES 
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? How does Time Travel fit in with the Court ideals? In truth, it does not and yet all at once, in every way, it does.

Dusk is the court of love. It has love for its brethren and love of the world. It is this that Florentine has in abundance. She is the girl who loves too much and maybe Vespera recognizes that. Florentine loves the changing world, the passing of time. She has never managed to truly ‘fit’ anywhere and she does not linger in any place long. Dusk is the shortest time of day: blink and it is gone, but watch it and it seems to last forever. It is like time in this way: watch it and it drags itself out, look away and time flits by unseen, unfelt. Florentine’s love of Dusk is strong, maybe Vespera knows that the gift of time travel would see Florentine returning again and again to one sunset, just to feel the gloaming seconds pass her by, again and again and again.

Florentine has a love of all the courts, not just Dusk. Her obsession lies in the space between night and dusk – can anyone say where that space truly is? Flora cannot stand to be in one place, she longs to drift between the spaces between places: the spaces between night and day. Maybe Vespera recognizes this, she sees the yearning to never be one or the other. The girl needs to always be moving and transitioning. Dusk comes at different times: every place in the world meets it at a different time for it is fluid, forever changing and moving. Florentine longs to chase Dusk, to meet it at its different times and its different places.

This girl has forever been a lover of time and space and lastly, maybe Vespera recognizes this. Flora longs to run away, and find adventure, and so the Dusk goddess has given her time travel. With it, Vespera knows Florentine will always be able to chase time and space (and dusk, of course), but then, always return to Terrastella: the home of Dusk, the home of the in-between and intangible.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Obsidian

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Obsidian / @Florentine, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and 1 Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item was sent over! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her base-level magic. c:

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Ipomoea — Dawn Court Regent Signos: 965
▶ Played by sid [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 18
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 44
▶ 5 [Year 497 Winter] Active Magic: Whisperer
▶ 16 hh Bonded: Odet (Stellar's Jay)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Ipomoea
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes!
-- If no: /

One-word description of Active Magic: Nature Whisperer
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: Nature is attracted to him and becomes more vibrant in his presence, plants and animals combined.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Ipomoea is not only a sage, but the Emissary of Dawn Court. He traveled all across Novus out of a desire to make Delumine his home, drawn to the court for its virtues of wisdom and knowledge and learning. He isn't the conventional sage; yes, he enjoys his books and lessons, but above all he loves to interact and hear stories first-hand from others. He believes there is just as much to learn from his fellow citizens and those of others Courts as there is from reading a history book.

Being able to gain knowledge from plants and animals is an extension of this desire to learn more, via an unconventional method. As he becomes more powerful and more effective at these interactions, Ipomoea will be exposed to an extensive amount of knowledge that is often overlooked and unavailable to many others. He will become more attuned to nature and gain an understanding of how flora and fauna can contribute their own unique set of information through emotions, memories, and thoughts.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: @sid

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@sid / @Ipomoea, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Rostislav — Night Court Warden Signos: 1,365
▶ Played by Lauren [pm] Posts: 163 — Threads: 28
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 43
▶ 8 [Year 494 Winter] Active Magic: Earth User
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Damaris (Hellhound)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Rostislav
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes

One-word description of Active Magic: Earth
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: The ground within 12m around him reflects his mood. Happiness causes things to bloom, sadness causes them to wilt, and anger causes cracks in the ground.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Rosti's magic is earth based and is more related to where he came from than where he is now. But he uses it in battle, which really helps him be a better warden, no? ;)

Agreement

Signed: Lauren

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Lauren / @Rostislav, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.
tracker
wishlist
plotter
dA
You may do whatever you want with Rostislav excluding permanent maiming, dismemberment, and death.

Aion — Dawn Court Doctor Signos: 1,345
▶ Played by Sid [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 9
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 26
▶ 11 [Year 491 Winter] Active Magic: Frostbite
▶ 17 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Aion
-- If no: N/A

One-word description of Active Magic: Frostbite
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: Because Aion can lower temperatures, his body temperature also runs lower, leading to things like frosty breath, decreased heart rate, etc.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Aion lives in the Dawn Court, that values knowledge; as a Caretaker, he's dedicated to discovering the best ways to care for injured horses. He'll use this ability of his to lower others' body temperatures, effectively numbing their injuries like an ice pack would, which would allow them better comfort while being treated.

Agreement

Signed: @sid

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@sid / @Aion, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Acton — Night Court Citizen Signos: 995
▶ Played by Griffin [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 18
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 34
▶ 6 [Year 497 Summer] Active Magic: Illusion
▶ 15.3 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Acton
-- If no: NA

One-word description of Active Magic: Illusion
-- If yes, give a brief description: Sometimes Acton’s illusions seem to test themselves on his own skin; his eye color might shift from one moment, or the black mask pattern he wears grow or vanish, or new markings come and go.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Caligo's is the court of passion and disbelief, emotions that Acton winds together to create his illusions. The more willing his audience, the better the mirages appear. In the shadows and secrets of the Night Court, it has always been difficult for outsiders to tell what is real and what is only a trick - and now Caligo has blessed Acton, the Magician Crow, with the ability to weave such illusions himself.
Agreement

Signed: @griffin

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@griffin / @Acton, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Cyrene — Inactive Character Signos: 0
▶ Played by rallidae [PM] Posts: 90 — Threads: 10
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 10
▶ 5 [Year 497 Fall] Active Magic: Panacea's Touch
▶ 16 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Cyrene
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yes
-- If no:

One-word description of Active Magic: Panacea's Touch
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: body heals at an accelerated rate (especially for smaller wounds), though fatal wounds are still very much fatal
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The Dusk Court is a court of healing, and Cyrene herself comes from a place where healers are deeply venerated. As Emissary, Cyrene's magic will work to strengthen Dusk's reputation for excellency in the healing arts. As a deeply compassionate character (perhaps too compassionate), Cyrene's skills are not limited to her own citizens; she will never hesitate to heal anyone she sees in pain, no matter the allegiance they are sworn to.

Agreement

Signed: rallidae

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@rallidae / @Cyrene, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her magics according to his level.
[Image: corruptedcorvid_cy.png]
☆ ☽
I have loved the stars too fondly
to be fearful of the night.
---
please tag in posts, contact encouraged!

Bexley — Day Court Regent Signos: 455
▶ Played by REDANDBLACK [pm] Posts: 238 — Threads: 24
▶ Female [she/her/hers] Hth: 21 — Atk: 19 — Exp: 46
▶ 6 [Year 497 Spring] Active Magic: Light Manipulation
▶ 15.2 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Bexley
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yes!

One-word description of Active Magic: Light!
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: seeming change in eye color (gold), glitter/light shine on skin, rise in body temp
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Bexley will first learn how to use her magic with only sunlight (representing Solis' guidance), then move on to other types of light. Her magic is a manifestation of the sun's power and how it can be both directly violent and subtly manipulative, using direct attacks as well as illusions and light manipulation in the same way the desert can trick many with its attractive mirages. The Day Court is a place of pride and understated danger, and Bexley's use of light to disguise herself and trick others is a matter of arrogance and a need to be honored which may accelerate her still-blooming ego and desperation to make a good impression.

Agreement

Signed: RB

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@redandblack / @Bexley, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her magics according to her level.

Atreus — Dusk Court Champion of Healing Signos: 65
▶ Played by Dingo [pm] Posts: 27 — Threads: 3
▶ Male [he/him/his] Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 22
▶ 9 [Year 493 Fall] Active Magic: Potionmaster
▶ 16.1 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Atreus
-- If no: n/a

One-word description of Active Magic: Poison? Potions? I really don’t know in one word
-- If yes, give a brief description: Blood is black in color, a result from having one of his own potions thrown into his face. This is visible around his right eye and extends part way down his neck. If injured, the blood will bleed black. As his magic is leveled up, a thick, bloody substance will pour from both eyes when emotions are heightened.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? His magic is tied deeply to the core of Terrastella as well as the Ilati, as both are known for their aptitude for the healing arts.

Agreement

Signed: Dingo

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Dingo / @Atreus, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged