Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 502
▶ Season || Spring
▶ Temp || 43℉ (8℃) - 70℉ (21℃)
▶ Weather || The nip of Winter has begun to ebb away, replaced by the gentle embrace of Spring as it ushers in new life. Plant life peeks out from the melting snow and birdsong fills the air once more, calling drowsy residents from their hideaways. Slowly but surely, the continent’s hustle and bustle returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Velorca

Member of the Season
Sparrow

Thread of the Season
A Path of Stars

Pair of the Season
Rhoswen and Raum

Quote of the Season
"Like his companion, he steadies himself with the salt on his tongue, the sharp-sour smell of the sea like a fresh-split oyster. The beach, for him, is like an intersection between dreams and reality: endless, lulling, pungent and terribly dangerous. Realer than anything, and a mystery he will never solve. It is the only un-knowing he has learned to be comfortable with." From This Grand Show is eternal

see here for nominations

CBOX

Updates - Restricted Items Redemption
Avdotya — Day Court Regent Signos: 5
▶ Played by Kay [PM] Posts: 62 — Threads: 5
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 21
▶ Immortal [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Earth
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Feliks (Borzoi)
Redeeming Outfit

Information
Character receiving Outfit: Here
Have you purchased the 'Outfit' item? Yes

Is the Armor, Outfit, and Accessories section of your character's profile filled out? Yes

Agreement
I understand that Outfits do not give any offensive or defensive benefits to my Character. I also understand that I can only change my character's Outfit once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using an Outfit other than the one described in my profile, my Outfit Item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention my Outfit Item in my IC posts until the staff have redeemed the Item. 

Signed: Kay!

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@kay / @Avdotya, outfit approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing her with the bearskin in posts.

~~~

You shall find that pretty rose vines are just as lovely
when they wrap tight around your limbs and shatter your bones.

MINX — OOC Account Signos: 50
▶ Played by MInx [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 2
▶ [they/them/their] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ smol Bonded:
Redeeming Realistic Bonded

Information
Character gaining Bonded: Jude
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Realistic' item? No
-- If no: Gifted from Arah which she gained through staff audition/
Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out?Yes

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality: Lazy, more interested in napping than actually doing anything productive. Calm, laid back and pretty much your typical house cat that just wants you to leave it alone if you're not her person
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? No preference
How would you like to meet your Bonded? Nothing violent since Jude is a mega weenie and would die if you looked at him wrong. His cat also traveled with him from Vectaeryn but went missing when he arrive in Novus so I just imagine something simple and peaceful so he can find his Mittens stuck in a tree of something  

Agreement
I understand that Bondeds are Interactive Items, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Bondeds. Once the staff have redeemed the Bonded, I will be free to include the animal in my IC posts.

Signed: Minx

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@MINX - The reunion thread can be found here! @Jude has replied, so Mittens can be written in all future posts.

~~~

Pan — Dawn Court Youth Signos: 565
▶ Played by Firefly [PM] Posts: 57 — Threads: 11
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15
▶ Immortal [Year 499 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 14.3 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Immortality

Information
Character gaining Immortality: @Pan
Have you purchased the 'Immortality' item? Yes
-- If no:

Thread Specifics
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? No preference
How would you like to gain Immortality? Pan would very much like to meet a god for it (Oriens maybe?), but he is open to anything :) totes up to you guys! But main point is, Pan can now stay a boy forever <3

Agreement
I understand that Immortality is an Interactive Item, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. Once the staff have redeemed Immortality, my character will remain frozen at whatever age they are currently listed at in the Aging Records. I also understand that this action is irreversible - because Novus' aging system is automated, there is no way for me to start aging my character again once they have been marked Immortal. If I have any questions at all, I will ask the staff before posting this redemption request.

Signed: Firefly

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Firefly - The revelation thread can be found here! His age and the Records page has been updated! Pan is now immortal.

~~~

FAYE — Dusk Court Warrior Signos: 70
▶ Played by Keira [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 4
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10
▶ 5 [Year 496 Fall] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 16 hh Bonded: Arcus (Golden Retriever)

Information
Character gaining Bonded: @FAYE  
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Realistic' item? No
-- If no: A free item for trying out for staff.
Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out? YES

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality: A golden retriever who is intelligent and crafty, he sneaks and spies on behalf of his master where ever she deems it fit to send him. Jovial with a mischievous streak which dances upon being vicious, if you spy him, it usually means his master is not far behind.
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Not really
How would you like to meet your Bonded? --

Agreement
I understand that Bondeds are Interactive Items, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Bondeds. Once the staff have redeemed the Bonded, I will be free to include the animal in my IC posts.

Signed: Keira

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Keira / @FAYE, bonded was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing her with her companion Arcus.

~~~

I LIKE THE NIGHT.
WITHOUT THE DARK, WE'D NEVER SEE THE STARS.

(Tag me in every post please! Slight harm and maiming allowed just no killing without permission.)

Avdotya — Day Court Regent Signos: 5
▶ Played by Kay [PM] Posts: 62 — Threads: 5
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 21
▶ Immortal [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Earth
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Feliks (Borzoi)

Information
Character gaining Bonded: click
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Realistic' item? Yes

Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out? Yes

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality: His personality mirrors her own quite well, often seen as stoic and austere; however, his seriousness has been known to crack at times, unleashing an energetic soul that would love nothing more than to tear up the desert dunes... much to the chagrin of his bonded.

Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Anywhere in Solterra, friends
How would you like to meet your Bonded? Maybe Av just killed a target and a hungry lil Feliks comes along lookin' for a snack???

Agreement

Signed: Kay

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@kay / @Avdotya, the redemption thread can be found here. Since Av has replied, the bonded was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing her with her companion Feliks.

You shall find that pretty rose vines are just as lovely
when they wrap tight around your limbs and shatter your bones.

Florentine — Dusk Court Sovereign Signos: 1,575
▶ Played by Obsidian [PM] Posts: 188 — Threads: 26
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 32
▶ 4 [Year 498 Spring] Active Magic: Time Travel
▶ 15hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Florentine
One-word description of Magic: Time-Travel
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES 
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? How does Time Travel fit in with the Court ideals? In truth, it does not and yet all at once, in every way, it does.

Dusk is the court of love. It has love for its brethren and love of the world. It is this that Florentine has in abundance. She is the girl who loves too much and maybe Vespera recognizes that. Florentine loves the changing world, the passing of time. She has never managed to truly ‘fit’ anywhere and she does not linger in any place long. Dusk is the shortest time of day: blink and it is gone, but watch it and it seems to last forever. It is like time in this way: watch it and it drags itself out, look away and time flits by unseen, unfelt. Florentine’s love of Dusk is strong, maybe Vespera knows that the gift of time travel would see Florentine returning again and again to one sunset, just to feel the gloaming seconds pass her by, again and again and again.

Florentine has a love of all the courts, not just Dusk. Her obsession lies in the space between night and dusk – can anyone say where that space truly is? Flora cannot stand to be in one place, she longs to drift between the spaces between places: the spaces between night and day. Maybe Vespera recognizes this, she sees the yearning to never be one or the other. The girl needs to always be moving and transitioning. Dusk comes at different times: every place in the world meets it at a different time for it is fluid, forever changing and moving. Florentine longs to chase Dusk, to meet it at its different times and its different places.

This girl has forever been a lover of time and space and lastly, maybe Vespera recognizes this. Flora longs to run away, and find adventure, and so the Dusk goddess has given her time travel. With it, Vespera knows Florentine will always be able to chase time and space (and dusk, of course), but then, always return to Terrastella: the home of Dusk, the home of the in-between and intangible.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Obsidian

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Obsidian / @Florentine, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page, and 1 Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item was sent over! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her base-level magic. c:

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Aislinn — Night Court Champion of Battle Signos: 1,110
▶ Played by roo [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 23
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 19 — Atk: 21 — Exp: 27
▶ 6 [Year 495 Fall] Active Magic: Stormsinger
▶ 16.0 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Aislinn
One-word description of Magic: Storm Manipulation / Stormsinger (whichever works)
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes
-- If no: N/A
Opting for having a related Passive Magic? Yes - Stardust
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yepp
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The Night Court is a kingdom of wickedness, of passion, of suspicion writhing in the shadows that gather in the dark of Calligo's stars. Aislinn is a Child of the Night, seemingly created from that same darkness and stardust, but also a storm made woman. For what is more tantalizing than a storm raging through the night? What is more beautiful than swords of lightning flashing across the sky in brilliance, making your heart skip a beat with each crack of thunder in the heavens above? When there is a storm, you cannot help but feel its pull, might even marvel at the beauty of it. But at the same time, a shred of disbelief burns its way into your soul with each flash of lightning. How on earth the gods could create such a lovely, chaotic thing. Aislinn herself is the embodiment of such things, a singer of storms. It's who she is to her very core.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Roo

~~~
@inkbone @sid @kay -- updated w/ passive magic bonus. passive magic added to magic section on profile! also.. her postbit has not been updated :( thank you loves <33

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@roo / @Aislinn, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page, and 1 Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item was sent over! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her base-level magic. c:

@roo / @Aislinn, her passive magic was approved based around her ability to manipulate the skies/heavens. It has been added to the records page, and her active magic has been added to the postbit!

I AM NOT A GIRL, I AM A STORM WITH SKIN
please tag Ash in all posts! contact is encouraged except maiming & death—
☽☉☾

Jekyll — OOC Account Signos: 320
▶ Played by Jekyll [pm] Posts: 8 — Threads: 1
▶ nonbinary [she/them] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 5'2" Bonded:
Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: Caelum
One-word description of Magic: Stardust
Have you purchased the 'Passive Magic' item? YES
-- If no: --

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Jekyll

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Jekyll / @Caelum, Passive Magic was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin continue writing him IC'ly with his stardust. c;

Reichenbach — Night Court Sovereign Signos: 890
▶ Played by spaced [PM] Posts: 190 — Threads: 26
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 32
▶ 7 [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Hypno-Singing
▶ 17hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: Reich
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES
-- If no: -

One-word description of Active Magic: Hypno-Singing
Brief description of related Passive Magic: Shadows dance around and over his skin and hair in accordance to his mental state.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The ideals laid out for the Night Court include passion, protectiveness, watchfulness... all of these are seen within the heart of it's Sovereign — none more so than passion. Had life gone differently for the gypsy boy he might have led a peaceful life of the things he was and is passionate about: music, freedom, laughter... and yet he has found that freedom and music and laughter within the embrace of his Court - the diversity and the acceptance of all kinds. The thrum of music through his bones began at birth and grows to a crescendo when he is upon Calligo's soil, he will use all in his power to protect those under her stars, use his silver voice and slick tongue to discover information needed to keep his Court safe.

Agreement

Signed: Spaced

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@spaced / @Reichenbach, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin continue writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level. c;
[Image: 4_gin_by_fintron_dc3sjmx_by_space1993-dc3tav5.png]
please tag me in every post
contact is encouraged, reich loves a cuddle!

Mikhael — Night Court Sage Signos: 30
▶ Played by Pippa [pm] Posts: 5 — Threads: 1
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 10
▶ 10 [Year 492 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 15.3 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Outfit

Information
Character receiving Outfit: Mikhael
Have you purchased the 'Outfit' item? No
-- If no: Claiming Sage incentive
Is the Armor, Outfit, and Accessories section of your character's profile filled out? Yes

Agreement
I understand that Outfits do not give any offensive or defensive benefits to my Character. I also understand that I can only change my character's Outfit once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using an Outfit other than the one described in my profile, my Outfit Item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention my Outfit Item in my IC posts until the staff have redeemed the Item.

Signed: Pippa

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Pippa / @Mikhael, outfit approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing him with the cloak in posts.