Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current
Beautifully drawn by Sid (Erasvita@DA)!
Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 503
▶ Season || Summer
▶ Temp || 74℉ (23℃) - 100℉ (37℃)
▶ Weather || The end of Spring brings about, once more, the warm embrace of Summer. While some flourish in the comfortable glow of the sun, others take shelter from its sweltering midday heat. Even so, it is now that the continent bustles with life - for it won't be long until a cool chill returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
El Toro

Member of the Season
Griffin

Thread of the Season
Bring Me Thunder; Bring Me Steel

Pair of the Season
Eik and Isra

Quote of the Season
"Her mother lives all in day, her father all in night, and Apolonia straddles the thin, dusky line halving her heart with not so much grace - startling awake in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, trying to find some way to compromise." — Apolonia in
The Vine & The Rain & The Light

see here for nominations

DISCORD

Updates - Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations
Eik — Day Court Emissary Signos: 2,835
▶ Played by Rae [pm] Posts: 192 — Threads: 26
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 27 — Atk: 33 — Exp: 52
▶ 10 [Year 493 Spring] Active Magic: Telepathy
▶ 15.3 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Eik
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes
-- If no: Yes

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Telepathy
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? nope!
-- If yes, give a brief description: n/a
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? As Solis' light illuminates all in the physical world that would be shadow, Eik has the power to reveal what lies in the darkness of the mind.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: RAE <3

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***

@Rae / @Eik, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 2 Vexillum Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Time makes fools of us all

Raum — Night Court Soldier Signos: 390
▶ Played by Obsidian [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 7
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 10
▶ 7 [Year 496 Spring] Active Magic: Shapeshifting
▶ 16.2 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Raum
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Shape-shifting
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? YES 
-- If yes, give a brief description: His body will occasionally change superficially. For example, he may have scales one day, spikes along his spine another, hair colour change etc these are superficial things not major body changes.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The Night Court is a secretive court. Raum is a Crow in which he is a spy and a performer which fits with the Night Court’s traits of being vibrant but also secretive. With his power Raum can make himself both clearly seen and extravagant by making his body change to wow audiences when he performs, but also transform himself in such a way that he can go undetected to help defend his court. (Please note that at present Raum is still listed as being a member of the Dawn Court but I am having him return to NC and so I have filled this out as NC as this character is inherently NC. It was the court he was made to fit within and why I feel this power has a stronger connection to NC than anywhere else).

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: Obsi

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Obsidian / @Raum, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.
[Image: x341oLX.png]

You're one microscopic cog

in his catastrophic plan

Rhoswen — Day Court Citizen Signos: 205
▶ Played by Kezz [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 16
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 23
▶ 7 [Year 496 Summer] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 16 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Rhoswen
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes
-- If no: //

One-word description of Active Magic: Fire Manipulation
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Her eyes transform from smoke grey to forestfire orange, her body temperature soars to intense heights and, like a dragon, clouds of smoke billow from her nostrils. By far the most startling aspect of her Parvus magic are the flames that flicker and dance upon the topline of her body, from ears to tail. 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Solterra was born out of Solis' fire. Rhoswen too has been born again from the hardship of recent times, and her newfound magic is a direct representation of her court's burning strength and her renewed devotion to her Sun God. She intends to use this (presumed) gift to protect, defend and empower her people and all of those she cares for. The Day Court can be, however, unflinchingly brutal, and this is reflected in the merciless flames she wields, as Rhos intends also to incinerate any who dare to get in her way.

Agreement

Signed: Kezz

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Kezz / @Rhoswen, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her magics according to her level.

Asterion — Dusk Court Sovereign Signos: 1,015
▶ Played by Griffin [PM] Posts: 241 — Threads: 23
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 69
▶ 6 [Year 496 Winter] Active Magic: Water Manipulation
▶ 16 hh Bonded: Cirrus (Pallas's Gull)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Asterion
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yes
-- If no: NA

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Water Manipulation
-- If yes, give a brief description: In heightened emotion, Asterion seems to 'weep' water. At higher levels water puddles up in his footprints and he can stay dry in a rainstorm.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Water is essential for healing and for sustaining all life. It encompasses all things - it can be gentle and sweet, but if it rises up there is little that can withstand its terrible strength. Water may seem easy to manipulate - cup it in your hands and let it run out and it is nothing at all. It moves to fill whatever shape you pour it into - but like empathy and caring and love, like all the ideals Vespera encompasses, it is not without great power.

Agreement

Signed: Griffin

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@griffin / @Asterion, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Aakesh — Pending Approval Signos: 2,025
▶ Played by Bird [pm] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 10
▶ 6 [Year 496 Fall] Active Magic:
▶ 20 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: Ammon
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Impersonatior
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? YES 
-- If yes, give a brief description: a mirage-esque parvus magic that makes his appearance seem vague
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Solterra values strength, and Ammon's magic is very much his strength

Agreement

Signed: Tei

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Tei / @Ammon, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Parvus; his appearance sometimes takes on a mirage-like quality.

please tag in all posts

Raymond — Night Court Regent Signos: 1,295
▶ Played by Odeen [PM] Posts: 171 — Threads: 28
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 64
▶ 10 [Year 492 Winter] Active Magic: Spell Warding
▶ 15 hh Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Raymond

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Spell Warding
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? No for now
-- If yes, give a brief description: N/A
How does the Magic relate to your Court? While this is actually meant to be related to throwback magic Raymond earned in a game governed by far different magical forces, the concept of spell warding still ties in neatly with Caligo's desire to protect her charges and defend herself and her place against the other gods. Spell warding allows Raymond to level the playing field against those with powerful magical gifts and protect himself and others from the deleterious effects of power placed into what could be the wrong hands.

Agreement

Signed: Odeen

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Odeen / @Raymond, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 3 Periti Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with magics according to his level.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Somnus — Dawn Court Sovereign Signos: 1,146
▶ Played by Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 24
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 37
▶ 8 [Year 495 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 15.2 hh Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Somnus
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yepperoni
-- If no:

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Blood Manipulation
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Not at this time – I will update this when I can think of one!
-- If yes, give a brief description: N/A
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yepperdoodle
How does the Magic relate to your Court? I would really like for this magic to be a ‘gift’ or a ‘test’ from Oriens. Somnus has always been book-smart, witty, and has always displayed a strong control over himself. Not only would I like him to have this to throw him for a loop, but I would like for it to be a way for Somnus to understand what true discipline means.

Agreement

Signed: @Sparrow

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sparrow / @Somnus, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 2 Vexillum Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with magics according to his level.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Calliope — Night Court Soldier Signos: 1,375
▶ Played by Nestle [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 6
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 19
▶ 6 [Year 497 Spring] Active Magic: Lightning Manipulation
▶ 16.2 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Calliope
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yep!
-- If no: n/a

One/Two-word description of Active Magic:Lightning Manipulation
-- If yes, give a brief description: Because of the lightning that lives in her blood, during moments of strong emotion ghost sparks of lightning can run over her flesh. These can neither stun nor harm in any other way. They are merely a faint, spectral reflection of the fury that lives just below her skin.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out?Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The night court is described as passionate, defensive and sometimes chaotic. Lightning is all of these things as is the unicorn who will wield it. Her magic stems from the defensive passion that makes up the core of who Calliope is.

Agreement

Signed: nestle

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@nestle / @Calliope, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with magics according to her level.

Apolonia — Day Court Youth Signos: 665
▶ Played by RB [pm] Posts: 18 — Threads: 4
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 10
▶ 1 [Year 502 Spring] Active Magic: Perception Manipulation
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Apolonia
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No
-- If no: Inherited

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Perception Manipulation
-- If yes, give a brief description: O's appearance seems to change when she uses her magic or when suffering from extremely heightened emotions - extra eyes appearing briefly, scars appearing and disappearing, hair and skin changing color
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? O draws influence both from her mother's use of visual/light manipulation and her father's illusional trickery; she represents the charm and trickery of Solterra in the way she is able to alter other people's realities.

Agreement

Signed: RB

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@redandblack / @Apolonia, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and you were sent the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with magics according to her level.

Elif — Day Court Citizen Signos: 600
▶ Played by griffin [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 4
▶ Female [Female [She/Her/Hers]] Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 10
▶ 3 [Year 499 Fall] Active Magic: Wind Manipulation
▶ 14.1 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Elif
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? NO
-- If no: Oct. joining incentive! <3

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Wind manipulation
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? NA
-- If yes, give a brief description: NA
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Elif sees her wind manipulation as a gift from Solis herself, to aid in her flying and sweep clean the shadows of the world.

Agreement

Signed: griffin

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@griffin / @Elif, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and you were sent the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with magics according to her level.