Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 503
▶ Season || Spring
▶ Temp || 43℉ (8℃) - 70℉ (21℃)
▶ Weather || The weather radar really does seem to be off the charts lately...
I wonder what's going on? (#15-19)

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Pavetta

Member of the Season
Nestle

Thread of the Season
A land of absence
and root and stone

Pair of the Season
Bexley and Acton

Quote of the Season
"And all the while her mind, her blood, her fierce and fearless heart was singing, singing, singing." — Shrike in We're under attack!

see here for nominations

DISCORD

Updates - Restricted Items Redemption
Avdotya — Day Court Commoner Signos: 220
▶ Played by Kay [PM] Posts: 88 — Threads: 7
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 15 — Atk: 25 — Exp: 34
▶ Immortal [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Earth
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Feliks (Borzoi)
Redeeming Realistic Bonded

Information
Character gaining Bonded: click
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Realistic' item? Yes

Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out? Yes

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality: His personality mirrors her own quite well, often seen as stoic and austere; however, his seriousness has been known to crack at times, unleashing an energetic soul that would love nothing more than to tear up the desert dunes... much to the chagrin of his bonded.

Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Anywhere in Solterra, friends
How would you like to meet your Bonded? Maybe Av just killed a target and a hungry lil Feliks comes along lookin' for a snack???

Agreement
I understand that Bondeds are Interactive Items, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Bondeds. Once the staff have redeemed the Bonded, I will be free to include the animal in my IC posts.

Signed: Kay

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@kay / @Avdotya, the redemption thread can be found here. Since Av has replied, the bonded was approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing her with her companion Feliks.

You shall find that pretty rose vines are just as lovely
when they wrap tight around your limbs and shatter your bones.

Florentine — Dusk Court Commoner Signos: 915
▶ Played by Obsidian [PM] Posts: 317 — Threads: 49
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 51
▶ 5 [Year 498 Spring] Active Magic: Time Travel
▶ 15 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Florentine
One-word description of Magic: Time-Travel
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES 
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? How does Time Travel fit in with the Court ideals? In truth, it does not and yet all at once, in every way, it does.

Dusk is the court of love. It has love for its brethren and love of the world. It is this that Florentine has in abundance. She is the girl who loves too much and maybe Vespera recognizes that. Florentine loves the changing world, the passing of time. She has never managed to truly ‘fit’ anywhere and she does not linger in any place long. Dusk is the shortest time of day: blink and it is gone, but watch it and it seems to last forever. It is like time in this way: watch it and it drags itself out, look away and time flits by unseen, unfelt. Florentine’s love of Dusk is strong, maybe Vespera knows that the gift of time travel would see Florentine returning again and again to one sunset, just to feel the gloaming seconds pass her by, again and again and again.

Florentine has a love of all the courts, not just Dusk. Her obsession lies in the space between night and dusk – can anyone say where that space truly is? Flora cannot stand to be in one place, she longs to drift between the spaces between places: the spaces between night and day. Maybe Vespera recognizes this, she sees the yearning to never be one or the other. The girl needs to always be moving and transitioning. Dusk comes at different times: every place in the world meets it at a different time for it is fluid, forever changing and moving. Florentine longs to chase Dusk, to meet it at its different times and its different places.

This girl has forever been a lover of time and space and lastly, maybe Vespera recognizes this. Flora longs to run away, and find adventure, and so the Dusk goddess has given her time travel. With it, Vespera knows Florentine will always be able to chase time and space (and dusk, of course), but then, always return to Terrastella: the home of Dusk, the home of the in-between and intangible.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Obsidian

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Obsidian / @Florentine, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and 1 Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item was sent over! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her base-level magic. c:

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Mikhael — Inactive Character Signos: 30
▶ Played by Pippa [pm] Posts: 6 — Threads: 1
▶ [Male [He/Him/His]] Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 10
▶ 11 [Year 492 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 15.3 hh hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Outfit

Information
Character receiving Outfit: Mikhael
Have you purchased the 'Outfit' item? No
-- If no: Claiming Sage incentive
Is the Armor, Outfit, and Accessories section of your character's profile filled out? Yes

Agreement
I understand that Outfits do not give any offensive or defensive benefits to my Character. I also understand that I can only change my character's Outfit once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using an Outfit other than the one described in my profile, my Outfit Item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention my Outfit Item in my IC posts until the staff have redeemed the Item.

Signed: Pippa

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Pippa / @Mikhael, outfit approved and added to the Records page! You may now begin writing him with the cloak in posts.

Somnus — Dawn Court Sovereign Signos: 386
▶ Played by Sparrow [PM] Posts: 131 — Threads: 22
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 27
▶ 8 [Year 495 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 15.2 hh Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)
Redeeming Realistic Bonded

Information
Character gaining Bonded: @Somnus
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Realistic' item? Yep!
-- If no: N/A
Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out? Yep!

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality: As a nestling, Alba is inquisitive, and has moments of ‘bratty’ or ‘spoilt’ behavior. She is adventurous and brave and has little understanding for ‘self preservation’, and oftentimes finds herself ‘clingy’ or ‘protective’ over Somnus, ‘jealous’ if he spends his time with others. As an adult, her adventurous streak will have marginally faded, and she will share Somnus’ quiet nature and thirst for knowledge. She will enjoy perching on his horn as he browses the ancient books of the Dawn Court library.
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? My only request is somewhere in Delumine. :D It doesn’t matter where!
How would you like to meet your Bonded? I would prefer something peaceful, or something to do with foul weather. I honestly have no preference and am game for surprises! The only thing I really want is for him to find her as a baby.

Agreement
I understand that Bondeds are Interactive Items, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Bondeds. Once the staff have redeemed the Bonded, I will be free to include the animal in my IC posts.

Signed: Sparrow

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sparrow - The reunion thread can be found here! @Somnus has replied according to the requirements, and you may now begin including Alba in his posts.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Ipomoea — Dawn Court Regent Signos: 760
▶ Played by sid [PM] Posts: 117 — Threads: 18
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 44
▶ 5 [Year 497 Winter] Active Magic: Nature Whisperer
▶ 16 hh Bonded: Odet (Stellar's Jay)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Ipomoea
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes!
-- If no: /

One-word description of Active Magic: Nature Whisperer
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: Nature is attracted to him and becomes more vibrant in his presence, plants and animals combined.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Ipomoea is not only a sage, but the Emissary of Dawn Court. He traveled all across Novus out of a desire to make Delumine his home, drawn to the court for its virtues of wisdom and knowledge and learning. He isn't the conventional sage; yes, he enjoys his books and lessons, but above all he loves to interact and hear stories first-hand from others. He believes there is just as much to learn from his fellow citizens and those of others Courts as there is from reading a history book.

Being able to gain knowledge from plants and animals is an extension of this desire to learn more, via an unconventional method. As he becomes more powerful and more effective at these interactions, Ipomoea will be exposed to an extensive amount of knowledge that is often overlooked and unavailable to many others. He will become more attuned to nature and gain an understanding of how flora and fauna can contribute their own unique set of information through emotions, memories, and thoughts.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: @sid

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@sid / @Ipomoea, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Avdotya — Day Court Commoner Signos: 220
▶ Played by Kay [PM] Posts: 88 — Threads: 7
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 15 — Atk: 25 — Exp: 34
▶ Immortal [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Earth
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Feliks (Borzoi)
Redeeming Immortality

Information
Character gaining Immortality: Avdotya
Have you purchased the 'Immortality' item? Yes
-- If no: --

Thread Specifics
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Anywhere in Day Court
How would you like to gain Immortality? Nothin' in particular, so long as it's done in a way that she could interpret her gaining immortality as a sign of approval from Solis. c;

Agreement
I understand that Immortality is an Interactive Item, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. Once the staff have redeemed Immortality, my character will remain frozen at whatever age they are currently listed at in the Aging Records. I also understand that while they will not age, my character can still die from grievous, physical wounds inflicted upon them. If I wish to have my character start aging again, I must contact staff and will not receive a signos refund. If I wish to make them immortal again after reinstating their mortality, I will need to re-purchase the Immortality item from the Agora. If I have any questions at all, I will ask the staff before posting this redemption request.

Signed: Kay

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@kay / @Avdotya - The immortality thread can be found here! Now that Avdotya has replied according to the requirements, you may begin including her immortality in posts!

You shall find that pretty rose vines are just as lovely
when they wrap tight around your limbs and shatter your bones.

Rostislav — Night Court Warden Signos: 1,365
▶ Played by Lauren [pm] Posts: 161 — Threads: 28
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 43
▶ 8 [Year 494 Winter] Active Magic: Earth User
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Damaris (Hellhound)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Rostislav
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes

One-word description of Active Magic: Earth
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: The ground within 12m around him reflects his mood. Happiness causes things to bloom, sadness causes them to wilt, and anger causes cracks in the ground.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Rosti's magic is earth based and is more related to where he came from than where he is now. But he uses it in battle, which really helps him be a better warden, no? ;)

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: Lauren

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Lauren / @Rostislav, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.
tracker
wishlist
plotter
dA
You may do whatever you want with Rostislav excluding permanent maiming, dismemberment, and death.

Israfel — Dusk Court Warden Signos: 70
▶ Played by Sparrow [PM] Posts: 46 — Threads: 10
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 17
▶ 6 [Year 496 Summer] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 16.1 hh Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)
Redeeming Fantasy Bonded

Information
Character gaining Bonded: @Israfel
Type of Bonded: Phoenix
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Fantasy' item? No.
-- If no: Redeeming winning second place in the Novus Raffle. :D
Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out? Yes.

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality: The main thing about Solaris is that she is a proud creature. Her pride drives her for perfection, for attention. At times she can be vain and self-centered, impudent in her mannerisms and attitude, but she is fiercely loyal to Israfel. Her bond-mate’s safety is Solaris’ top priority, and will do anything that she possibly can to ensure that she remains out of harm’s way. Just as she is proud and sarcastic, however, can she be gentle and understanding. As a Phoenix, Solaris knows the touch of death and the abstract, strange sensations of rebirth. That is why she is so devoted to Israfel; they are one in the same, sharing experiences both of the mortal and spectral flesh.
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Nope. Anywhere is good. :D
How would you like to meet your Bonded? Open for whatever!

Agreement
I understand that Bondeds are Interactive Items, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Bondeds. If my Bonded is an Original Species, it is either created by myself or I have received permission from the creator to use the species. If I have not received permission, it will be considered art theft. Once the staff have redeemed the Bonded, I will be free to include the animal in my IC posts.

Signed: @Sparrow

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sparrow / @Israfel - The reunion thread can be found here! Israfel has replied according to the requirements, and you may now begin including Israfel in her posts.
Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Aion — Dawn Court Caretaker Signos: 1,130
▶ Played by Sid [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 26
▶ 11 [Year 491 Winter] Active Magic: Frostbite
▶ 17 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Aion
-- If no: N/A

One-word description of Active Magic: Frostbite
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: Because Aion can lower temperatures, his body temperature also runs lower, leading to things like frosty breath, decreased heart rate, etc.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Aion lives in the Dawn Court, that values knowledge; as a Caretaker, he's dedicated to discovering the best ways to care for injured horses. He'll use this ability of his to lower others' body temperatures, effectively numbing their injuries like an ice pack would, which would allow them better comfort while being treated.

Agreement

Signed: @sid

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@sid / @Aion, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Acton — Night Court Commoner Signos: 825
▶ Played by Griffin [PM] Posts: 120 — Threads: 15
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 20 — Atk: 20 — Exp: 34
▶ 5 [Year 497 Summer] Active Magic: Illusion
▶ 15.3 hh Bonded: N/A
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Acton
-- If no: NA

One-word description of Active Magic: Illusion
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Sometimes Acton’s illusions seem to test themselves on his own skin; his eye color might shift from one moment, or the black mask pattern he wears grow or vanish, or new markings come and go.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Caligo's is the court of passion and disbelief, emotions that Acton winds together to create his illusions. The more willing his audience, the better the mirages appear. In the shadows and secrets of the Night Court, it has always been difficult for outsiders to tell what is real and what is only a trick - and now Caligo has blessed Acton, the Magician Crow, with the ability to weave such illusions himself.
Agreement

Signed: @griffin

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@griffin / @Acton, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.