Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 502
▶ Season || Spring
▶ Temp || 43℉ (8℃) - 70℉ (21℃)
▶ Weather || The nip of Winter has begun to ebb away, replaced by the gentle embrace of Spring as it ushers in new life. Plant life peeks out from the melting snow and birdsong fills the air once more, calling drowsy residents from their hideaways. Slowly but surely, the continent’s hustle and bustle returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Velorca

Member of the Season
Sparrow

Thread of the Season
A Path of Stars

Pair of the Season
Rhoswen and Raum

Quote of the Season
"Like his companion, he steadies himself with the salt on his tongue, the sharp-sour smell of the sea like a fresh-split oyster. The beach, for him, is like an intersection between dreams and reality: endless, lulling, pungent and terribly dangerous. Realer than anything, and a mystery he will never solve. It is the only un-knowing he has learned to be comfortable with." From This Grand Show is eternal

see here for nominations

CBOX

Updates - Restricted Items Redemption
Tribs — OOC Account Signos: 35
▶ Played by Tribs [pm] Posts: 3 — Threads: 1
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ Godzilla Bonded:
Redeeming Immortality

Information
Character gaining Immortality: @Grainne
Have you purchased the 'Immortality' item? Yes
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN IMMORTALITY?

Thread Specifics
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? N/A
How would you like to gain Immortality? Already got it!

Agreement
I understand that Immortality is an Interactive Item, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. Once the staff have redeemed Immortality, my character will remain frozen at whatever age they are currently listed at in the Aging Records. I also understand that while they will not age, my character can still die from grievous, physical wounds inflicted upon them. If I wish to have my character start aging again, I must contact staff and will not receive a signos refund. If I wish to make them immortal again after reinstating their mortality, I will need to re-purchase the Immortality item from the Agora. If I have any questions at all, I will ask the staff before posting this redemption request.

Signed: Tribs

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Grainne / @Tribs - As Grainne joined Novus with Immortality, no redemption thread is needed and her Immortality is approved! Her age and the Records page has been updated!

~~~

Click icons for profiles

Just a coding junkie with too many muses

Somnus — Dawn Court Sovereign Signos: 425
▶ Played by Sparrow [PM] Posts: 61 — Threads: 9
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15
▶ 7 [Year 495 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 15.2 hh Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)
Redeeming Realistic Bonded

Information
Character gaining Bonded: @Somnus
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Realistic' item? Yep!
-- If no: N/A
Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out? Yep!

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality: As a nestling, Alba is inquisitive, and has moments of ‘bratty’ or ‘spoilt’ behavior. She is adventurous and brave and has little understanding for ‘self preservation’, and oftentimes finds herself ‘clingy’ or ‘protective’ over Somnus, ‘jealous’ if he spends his time with others. As an adult, her adventurous streak will have marginally faded, and she will share Somnus’ quiet nature and thirst for knowledge. She will enjoy perching on his horn as he browses the ancient books of the Dawn Court library.
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? My only request is somewhere in Delumine. :D It doesn’t matter where!
How would you like to meet your Bonded? I would prefer something peaceful, or something to do with foul weather. I honestly have no preference and am game for surprises! The only thing I really want is for him to find her as a baby.

Agreement
I understand that Bondeds are Interactive Items, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Bondeds. Once the staff have redeemed the Bonded, I will be free to include the animal in my IC posts.

Signed: Sparrow

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sparrow - The reunion thread can be found here! @Somnus has replied according to the requirements, and you may now begin including Alba in his posts.

"'Tact' is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Ipomoea — Dawn Court Emissary Signos: 70
▶ Played by sid [PM] Posts: 63 — Threads: 8
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 13 — Atk: 7 — Exp: 22
▶ 4 [Year 497 Winter] Active Magic: Nature Whisperer
▶ 16.0 hh Bonded: Odet (Stellar's Jay)
Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Ipomoea
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes!
-- If no: /

One-word description of Active Magic: Nature Whisperer
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: Nature is attracted to him and becomes more vibrant in his presence, plants and animals combined.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Ipomoea is not only a sage, but the Emissary of Dawn Court. He traveled all across Novus out of a desire to make Delumine his home, drawn to the court for its virtues of wisdom and knowledge and learning. He isn't the conventional sage; yes, he enjoys his books and lessons, but above all he loves to interact and hear stories first-hand from others. He believes there is just as much to learn from his fellow citizens and those of others Courts as there is from reading a history book.

Being able to gain knowledge from plants and animals is an extension of this desire to learn more, via an unconventional method. As he becomes more powerful and more effective at these interactions, Ipomoea will be exposed to an extensive amount of knowledge that is often overlooked and unavailable to many others. He will become more attuned to nature and gain an understanding of how flora and fauna can contribute their own unique set of information through emotions, memories, and thoughts.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: @sid

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@sid / @Ipomoea, Active Magic was approved and added to the Records page and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Avdotya — Day Court Regent Signos: 5
▶ Played by Kay [PM] Posts: 62 — Threads: 5
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 21
▶ Immortal [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Earth
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Feliks (Borzoi)
Redeeming Immortality

Information
Character gaining Immortality: Avdotya
Have you purchased the 'Immortality' item? Yes
-- If no: --

Thread Specifics
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Anywhere in Day Court
How would you like to gain Immortality? Nothin' in particular, so long as it's done in a way that she could interpret her gaining immortality as a sign of approval from Solis. c;

Agreement
I understand that Immortality is an Interactive Item, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. Once the staff have redeemed Immortality, my character will remain frozen at whatever age they are currently listed at in the Aging Records. I also understand that while they will not age, my character can still die from grievous, physical wounds inflicted upon them. If I wish to have my character start aging again, I must contact staff and will not receive a signos refund. If I wish to make them immortal again after reinstating their mortality, I will need to re-purchase the Immortality item from the Agora. If I have any questions at all, I will ask the staff before posting this redemption request.

Signed: Kay

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@kay / @Avdotya - The reunion thread can be found here! Now that Avdotya has replied according to the requirements, you may begin including her immortality in posts!

You shall find that pretty rose vines are just as lovely
when they wrap tight around your limbs and shatter your bones.

Isorath — Night Court Sage Signos: 725
▶ Played by arahvir [PM] Posts: 80 — Threads: 13
▶ Male [he/him/his] Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 12
▶ 6 [Year 495 Summer] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 18 hh Bonded: Aether (Dragon)
Redeeming Fantasy Bonded

Information
Character gaining Bonded: @Isorath
Type of Bonded:  Dragon, named Aether.
Have you purchased the 'Bonded: Fantasy' item? Yes.
-- If no: n/a.
Is the Bonded section of your character's profile filled out? YES

Thread Specifics
Bonded's Personality:  Aether is an unflinching beast with a volatile temperament hidden beneath a frosty, seemingly serene facade. His presence is often described as unnerving by most, though that is said with a tongue pressed against ones cheek. At first sight, he instills what one might experience on seeing a cavern of black ice for the first time, glittering above an unearthly chasm.

He is a sardonic, blunt and critical but also observant, calculated and patient. Loyal and protective, driven and dedicated. In terms of his bonded, he enjoys an easy if not spoiled companionship with. To his bonded's loved ones, he shells out a respectful tolerance until they manage to impress him.

Aether has absolutely no regrets in engaging and threatening others, and delights in being set upon those that would disgruntle or otherwise upset the kirin who he shares his soul with.
Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Denocte or Terrastella.
How would you like to meet your Bonded? I have no idea, surprise me!

Agreement
I understand that Bondeds are Interactive Items, and that I must respond to the thread the staff create for me in order for the purchase to be valid. I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Bondeds. If my Bonded is an Original Species, it is either created by myself or I have received permission from the creator to use the species. If I have not received permission, it will be considered art theft. Once the staff have redeemed the Bonded, I will be free to include the animal in my IC posts.

Signed: @arahvir

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@arahvir / @Isorath - The reunion thread can be found here! @Isorath has replied according to the requirements, and you may now begin including Aether in his posts.

Arahvir understands that due to Aether's large size, staff has restricted him from being used in officially judged fights (battles or challenges), as he poses an unfair advantage in such a confined place like Bellum Steppe. This rule applies for all bondeds that are large than 2x the size of the character.
[Image: etsoir_2_by_tyronniesaur_dbuc7vk.png]
☽☀☾
JUST A KING AND A RUSTY THRONE

please tag in all replies, magic & force permitted
as long as there's no maiming.