Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current
Beautifully drawn by Sid (Erasvita@DA)!
Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 503
▶ Season || Summer
▶ Temp || 74℉ (23℃) - 100℉ (37℃)
▶ Weather || The end of Spring brings about, once more, the warm embrace of Summer. While some flourish in the comfortable glow of the sun, others take shelter from its sweltering midday heat. Even so, it is now that the continent bustles with life - for it won't be long until a cool chill returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
El Toro

Member of the Season
Griffin

Thread of the Season
Bring Me Thunder; Bring Me Steel

Pair of the Season
Eik and Isra

Quote of the Season
"Her mother lives all in day, her father all in night, and Apolonia straddles the thin, dusky line halving her heart with not so much grace - startling awake in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, trying to find some way to compromise." — Apolonia in
The Vine & The Rain & The Light

see here for nominations

DISCORD

Private - I AM A MARBLE MAN
El Toro — Day Court Soldier Signos: 5
▶ Played by Muirgen [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 9
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 14
▶ 7 [Year 496 Summer] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 17.2 hh Bonded: N/A
A MARBLE MAN IN A MASK

The punch bowl is still just punch, or at least the ones he’s been drinking from are. It’s not always so bad to be aware, he thinks, standing in a room like the ocean. How lovely is it to be in the water and breathe air, clear as daylight and perfumed with all manner of flowers and woods, frankincense and jasmine, myrrh and cinnamon. The horned stallion makes his way to a globe filled with a particularly shimmery fish, circling aimlessly in its minute orb of existence. I wonder where they got you from. Were these fish swimming freely hours early? Or were they created for this moment, illusions only, set to expire at the night’s conclusion? It was almost a sad thought, thinking that these fish, so beautiful, and seemingly so alive, could be gilded lies, dead at dawn. El Toro makes his way to another globe, filled with only water, but it lacks the interest of a living thing. Looking upon a fish makes him ask questions, looking upon contained water makes him bored. The seed is planted; the question of illusion or reality disturbs his fun. ”I oughtta get a real drink.” He no longer wishes to be aware.

@Avdotya

"What I say,"

What I think,
credit
plotter
tracker
please always tag the character for replies

Avdotya — Day Court Outcast Signos: 245
▶ Played by Kay [PM] Posts: 79 — Threads: 7
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 15 — Atk: 25 — Exp: 34
▶ Immortal [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Earth
▶ 15.1 hh Bonded: Feliks (Borzoi)

AVDOTYA

you think i'll be the dark sky so you can be the bright star?

I'LL 

SWALLOW

YOU 

WHOLE

The sea was no place for a desert dweller; it was all blues and greens, fluid and cold in its liquid embrace. It was alien to a woman born to sand and sun, a serpent woven by the unrelenting hand of the great Mors. Indeed, this room did not sing to her desire as it would if its walls had been guilded with gold and the orbs filled with sand - but then again, Avdotya was not here seeking the comforts of home.

She glided easily through the room, looking spectacularly out of place in her sprawl of yellows and reds, watching wordlessly as the masquerade went on around her. Her attention slipped in and out of conversations when they interested her, though she found herself consistently disappointed by the excessive dryness of them all. It was verbal fluff, nothing worth her time (as she should have expected in such a public environment, but stupidity flourished in all places). Thus, the viper drifted away from the crowds in favour of the various drinks that awaited consumption.

As she made her way there, her ear caught the stray mumblings of a pale man who seemed just as enthralled with the party as she was. ”That may be the only thing this event has going for it.” Avdotya drawled in passing, the sharpness of her feral tongue as distinct as ever. It was by no means an invite to join her, but it took little to encourage another to a drink when there already existed a thirst.

Regardless, the various bowls lined along the wall had her eye for now... she could only hope Denocte knew a proper drink.  

notes: --

tags @El Toro

by blair of shine, translated to html by meverrnind

You shall find that pretty rose vines are just as lovely
when they wrap tight around your limbs and shatter your bones.

El Toro — Day Court Soldier Signos: 5
▶ Played by Muirgen [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 9
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 14
▶ 7 [Year 496 Summer] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 17.2 hh Bonded: N/A
I TRACK THE DARK AND FIND THE DAY
The woman who approached was the absence of color stained. Red marred her perfect darkness and emphasized it; she caught Toro’s still-sober eye before words slithered from between her teeth. He liked her. She had some good scars.

”We’ll have to see about that,” he said, but while Toro had grown up surrounded by the unquenchable thirst of warriors, there was little variety in the way of drink; everything was heavy and dark and weighty as its dough. He found something that glittered like waves in the sun, frothy like seafoam, and thought he saw a fish. He hesitated a moment; unsure if it was part of the room or a true drink. The white stallion took a glass of it, and it stayed like the sparkling sea but turned dark at the bottom as the deep ocean. He drank and it fizzed on his tongue but floated soft as you always imagine seafoam to be. Something in him felt far from home (the ocean had never been his home, anyway, and how many had he crossed to get here?) and he put the drink down. Toro shrugged and grinned lazily at the mare. ”Fun, but you don’t look like the fizzy type either.” It weighed down his limbs quicker than he thought, far quicker, but he trotted sideways to the next, this one really like a fishbowl with a tap. It looked full of pink sand though, and he could just hear the trickling of grains as it flowed into his second glass. It tasted like sea salt and earth, rock candy and the way hot air smelled. He thought he could feel sweat trickling down his shoulders, and his head went fuzzy with heat or alcohol. ”Oh,” Toro said, ”this one’s funky. He smirked a little at the strange woman and took another swig.

@Avdotya

"What I say,"

What I think,
credit
plotter
tracker
please always tag the character for replies