Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current
Beautifully drawn by Sid (Erasvita@DA)!
Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 503
▶ Season || Summer
▶ Temp || 74℉ (23℃) - 100℉ (37℃)
▶ Weather || The end of Spring brings about, once more, the warm embrace of Summer. While some flourish in the comfortable glow of the sun, others take shelter from its sweltering midday heat. Even so, it is now that the continent bustles with life - for it won't be long until a cool chill returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
El Toro

Member of the Season
Griffin

Thread of the Season
Bring Me Thunder; Bring Me Steel

Pair of the Season
Eik and Isra

Quote of the Season
"Her mother lives all in day, her father all in night, and Apolonia straddles the thin, dusky line halving her heart with not so much grace - startling awake in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, trying to find some way to compromise." — Apolonia in
The Vine & The Rain & The Light

see here for nominations

DISCORD

All Welcome - Coloring Outside the Lines
Regis — Dawn Court Youth Signos: 5
▶ Played by Dingo [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 3
▶ Male [he/his/him] Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 18
▶ 0 [Year 502 Fall] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 13.3 hh Bonded: Milo (Red Fox)
"I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original."
The journey from Delumine to Denocte was not a particularly easy one for Regis to make given his state, but he had been ecstatic for it the moment he learned of the celebration they were to throw. His parents and the other denizens of their home had spoken of a grand masquerade among a slew of other things such as a maze, daring feats, exquisite treats, a market full of wares that couldn’t be found anywhere else and so much more. It was nearly overwhelming for the colt to absorb so much information, let alone imagine experiencing it, but with each new thing he learned, his excitement grew until he was counting down the days until their departure.

Traveling had taken quite a bit out of the still sickly colt, his hide slick from long days and summer heat, but duller than it should have been. His belly ached and oftentimes he was reluctant to eat, but his thirst was always great. His sides were sunken and thin in clear indication of his poor state, yet somehow the little Prince continued to carry on and fight in spite of his unusual, worsening condition.

A week or so prior, however, the man colored like the evening sky had arrived from Terrastella and begun to treat him. Not even Delumine’s medics had been able to offer him much reprieve from his unyielding sickness, but somehow he was already showing a bit of progress from the weird smelling concoctions that left a bad taste in the back of his throat.

Then, there was the recent addition of his russet companion he had dubbed Milo, the little fox who had never strayed from his side since that afternoon they had met and played ‘sticks’ together. Without anyone else to play with in the Kingdom that was of a similar age, Regis seemed to perk back up a little more in Milo’s company; together they curled up for naps, and the little Prince was even more eager to get up and move his legs. Perhaps most importantly, his appetite had increased, too.

Upon first entering Denocte’s capitol, the first thing Regis noticed was the shimmering veils which covered the countless tables. From where he stood near his parents’ sides, the youth watched curiously as other patrons plucked something from the tables and affixed them to their faces. When one such equine turned and he saw the extravagant mask which resembled a raven, Regis gave a gasp and stepped forward, chest pressing into the edge of the table as he examined each and every mask. Oh, there were so many! Some sported flowers, others feathers, several resembling other animals and a few that were minimal. Shuffling around the table as he searched for the perfect one, the colt eventually gave a soft gasp. “That one,” he spoke aloud, gazing up at his parents with a bright smile as he motioned to one in particular, too far out of his reach. Young as he was, he hadn’t quite mastered the art of telekinesis like everyone else. “It looks like Milo. Can I have that one, please?”

As his bonded picked out a mask, Milo himself leapt up onto Regis’ back, still too young himself to view everything with ease on his own, and placed his paws against the back of the colt’s neck for a better look. With a chuckle, Regis took one of the mask’s carefully between his teeth and turned his head to show his newest friend the one which resembled a rabbit. “You should wear this one, Milo!”

And to that the kit gave a gleeful yip of mutual agreement.

”Speech”

Open to anyone!
aimless | odeen

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Moira — Night Court Medic Signos: 1,095
▶ Played by e-cho [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 8
▶ Female [she/her/hers] Hth: 13 — Atk: 7 — Exp: 10
▶ 5 [Year 498 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 15.2 hh Bonded: N/A

M O I R A
she looks into her mirror,
wishing someone could hear her, so loud

Denocte is a beehive, workers dutifully buzzing about their colony to make it presentable, to bring joy and peace and prosperity and love. Each individual put their heart and soul into every nook and cranny of Denocte, and finally when the doors were open others would come flooding in to a world of wonder and beauty. Even the summer heat could not kill the excitement that the phoenix can taste like a firefly on the breeze.

So many faces whirl around the stalls, flit past each carefully set table with scarves and shawls and masks and jewels to find the outfit that would suit them perfectly. A new family, a quaint couple with a child at their breast, finally comes in and honeyed eyes fall on them. The boy is ill - or was - as far as she can tell, and her instinct to help kicks in. For a moment Moira watches, simply watches, from afar as he joins in the merriment, races to tables and screeches to a stop when he finds a mask that looks like the little fox kit that bounds to his back. A smaller mask, a rabbit, is also selected for the boy's companion. When at last he turns, asking his parents, she approaches and picks up the two decorations.

Turning quietly, Moira whispers to her court friend behind the table and kisses their cheek so sweetly. A quick thank you, and then she's by the boy's side, bending ever so slightly to meet his eyes. "You'd make a dashing rogue when you grow up," whispers the healer. And he would, the orange lights up the blue in Regis' eyes, the triangular ears tower beside his horn making it seem all the more imposing, and it is as though the boy is nearly transformed. Careful not to disturb the rabbit mask too much, she hands it over to him. "For your companion, Milo, was it? Welcome," she smiles, "welcome to Denocte! Have you come for the festivities then? I hope you like sweets. I'm Moira, a court caretaker, would you help me pick out a mask?" For she hasn't the slightest clue what she should wear for the masquerade, not yet, and the life that resonates in Regis' breast despite his previous condition that still shows in the hollows of his ribs and shadows of his eyes is enough to draw her closer.

@Regis I'm sorry this is so short ! I couldn't help but crash though.

space

Regis — Dawn Court Youth Signos: 5
▶ Played by Dingo [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 3
▶ Male [he/his/him] Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 18
▶ 0 [Year 502 Fall] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 13.3 hh Bonded: Milo (Red Fox)
"I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original."
It was neither his father nor his mother that plucked the masks from their spots atop the table, but rather a stranger who instantaneously captivates his attention. Tilting his head back to get a better look at her from his puny height, eyes wide with intrigue; she strangely reminds him of the sunsets he loved to watch from the vantage of the citadel, and although he does not know her, she elicited no fear in him. Her voice was far too kind, and thus far in Regis’ life, he has yet to truly know a stranger.

The colt’s smile widens and he stands impressively still as the mask is affixed first to his own face, followed by the one meant for Milo, for which the russet kit looked all too happy to wear. “Thank you, miss,” the prince said politely, positively glowing from beneath his mask.

When she asks of his companion’s name, he nods wildly, jostling the very fox to some degree but somehow, he already looks as though he’s grown used to it. “Uh-huh, his name is Milo,” he eagerly answers, grinning even wider, “He’s my best friend.”

She welcomes him and introduces herself as Moira, and his response is as fluid as was possible for a boy of his age and experience, for one vying for the chance to be just like his father. “I like your name, Miss Moira; it’s pretty. My name is Regis. I’ve never been to…” He trails off there, and with the slightest tilt of his head he repeats the name of the land softly beneath his breath a few times, just loud enough to be heard – but it’s clear that it isn’t the easiest word for him to pronounce right away. “…Denooty before. Momma, papa and I came all the way from Delumine. I really like the mountains here. And... and I do love sweets, a whole lot,” he affirmed, but then gave a soft pout, "But I dunno if I can have any."

Regis gives a soft gasp when she asks for his assistance in picking out a mask for herself, a task that he feels he’s more than qualified for. “I’ll pick the best one,” his proclamation came at once, and turning, the young dun turns and once more begins to browse the wide collection of masks. His head bobs to and fro in his search, but it doesn’t take him long to pick one out. Stretching his velveteen muzzle out, just barely able to reach it with a wiggle of his lips, he pulls one close. It’s perhaps a little more extravagant than some, but in Regis’ eyes and with his limited knowledge, it’s the perfect fit for Moira – one side golden in color with the wavy rays of a sun, and the other delicately curved like a moon, the two designs merging, eclipsing one another. Proudly, he holds it up to her. “I think you should wear this one.”

”Speech”

@Moira
This is sort of how I imagine the mask to be for Moira :D
aimless | odeen

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay