Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Beneath the falling moon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

He is always drawn to the strange and the magical, but tonight there is too much of both and he does not make it to the maze until the moon is low in the sky. Already the dancers have begun to move with the delirious quality of either an intoxicant or the other side of sleep. Eik feels like a voyeur watching others dance so he hardly looks at the benevolent that twirl like strange birds, even when their movements grow ever stranger, even when they spin violently between longing and elation and misery. 

He never really understood dancing and so he does not understand what he does not see. Instead his attention rests on the maze, which at first seems huge and solid. The longer he looks at it the more details he notices-- he starts to see flowers, and feathers, and shards of glass, some sharp as a blade and others smooth as river pebbles. The center of the maze seems to call to him in pulses, not unlike a heart. He is so transfixed that he loses track of time, just staring.

It is not the music or the dancers that break his attention but the jeweled stallion-- El Toro-- whose tail catches the lamplight not unlike the shards of glass in the hedge wall. They are not friends, but that is not really saying much. They are not strangers, and they are not enemies, and despite how their last encounter made him hate himself just a little, Eik catches the other man's attention with a soft nicker. "Are you going to seek the heart of the maze." He asks in a cautious way that somehow suggests he would not be offended at all if the other man just walked away-- in fact it would be better that way, if that is what Toro desired.

I have let myself go where the dust
E     I    K
Has the color of nothing

art by Footybandit

@El Toro I hope this is okay! there's a clarinet in his mind