Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Rivers, scars, shadows

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

Today, he's flying. Well he would call it drifting for all the effort it requires-- he's just catching updrafts of air that rise from the sea cliffs. It requires a certain skill of its own, but it is a decidedly lazier way of being airborne than what he would consider flying.

Semantics are important to him.

He loves seeing his home from up here. If you know where to look, the land tells a story. There, where the river cleaves-- that is where the great ram-horned king Rapax was drowned. They say he was such a beast of a man that the river split in two to go around him. North of there, of course, lie the dark scars of the recent fires in Viride. The sight of it twists his stomach and he doesn't much feel like looking anymore. "All those lives lost. All those trees gone. It will take decades to regrow." He sighs woefully. The sun is getting hot on his back, anyway (there's a reason most pegasi are white) and so he begins his descent back to earth in a large, lazy spiral.

As he descends he watches his shadow grow smaller and smaller, until he lands gracefully at the edge of it. By the time he is earthbound, he has forgotten his sorrow. A large stallion is standing nearby, looking down at the ocean. Perpetually bored and sociable, Mateo approaches.

"Hello hello, big fellow!" The words are intended to be entirely friendly, but the small black pegasus keeps his distance in case they offend. "Beautiful day, isn't it?" He spreads the tips of his wings genially, although it is a gesture that may be lost on someone who is not pegasus. "We haven't met." He would remember, if they had. He never forgets a face. "I'm Mateo."

-  -  -  -  
bloopy starter for @Bucephalus and anyone else who would like to join. sorry for the wait <3
art

Bucephalus

The young horse gently looked up, finishing nibbling on some of the grass he had in his mouth as well as taking a sip of water. He looks up and hears a voice, then seeing the horse come floating down like a feather in the wind.

"Hello hello, big fellow! Beautiful day isn't it? I'm Mateo."

Buceph smiled at the young stallion as he landed, chuckling at the jest. "I suppose you could say that. I'm Bucephalus, but you can call me Buceph."

Mateo

With the endless sea before him, the golden fields behind, and a cool autumn breeze on his face, Mateo smiles, pleased the giant is not nearly as scary as first appearances might suggest. "A pleasure to meet you, Buceph." The black pegasus was always on the fence about his own name and how well it suited him. Some days he felt very much like a Mateo, but most of the time he preferred one of the many nicknames gifted to him. But Bucephalus...  the imposing name fit the large man.

"So where are you from?" His voice is smooth, almost feminine, and endlessly genuine. Surely if Buceph visited the capitol frequently, they would have bumped shoulders sooner-- but he doesn't have the look or smell of a foreigner, either.

-  -  -  -  
@Bucephalus
art