Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - FIST FIRST PHILOSOPHY

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

BEXLEY BRIAR

Bexley has had friends before - of course she has - but not like this, it’s obvious already. As a princess, the granddaughter of a god, many of her friends were fleeting and unserious, thrown away when they outlived their usefulness, or disappeared suddenly under Una’s threatening gaze, never to be seen or heard of again. Bexley’s only regular companion was her brother, and since his - 

disappearance - 

she has been almost completely on her own, socializing, flirting, chattering, sure, but never finding real companionship, not until now. Not until Eden, social awkwardness at all. Warmth sparks in Bexley’s bird-boned chest as she sees a future where she knows every inflection of the warrior’s tone, the placement of each dread, each piece of jewelry, each stripe that lines her aurealian skin. Suppressing a smile, Bexley, almost embarrassed, casts her eyes to the ground.

Tenacious, she repeats in good humor, though it’s a word that’s been used against her before. Tenacious, stubborn, unbearable - but from Eden’s lips it’s a compliment, not a phrase to be weaponized. How sweet a thing, to be liked, to be appreciated, for something that has followed and haunted her like a wraith. I doubt - I doubt she is, Bexley says after a long, long pause, her gaze meeting Eden’s reverently, but it doesn’t matter anymore.

Her voice goes soft, but no tears form, her jaw doesn’t grind. At the invitation a smile even splits open Bexley’s bone-white lips, and she follows Eden into the oasis with nary a moment of hesitation, curls starting to wind themselves into braids as she descends into the water, piling in loose strands atop her head; it’s cold! Bex squeals, body winding up with an exaggerated shiver. She blows out a tensile breath and rolls her eyes, relaxing slowly, slowly into the pool. Under the hot eye of the sun, Bexley glances at her companion and dares, So, how many of our court members have you met? Anyone… interesting?

She's not thinking of anyone in particular, but this is what friends do, right? Talk about boys and every stupid thing that crosses their mind? Bexley can't help looking forward to it.

@Eden MY GIRFLRIENDS

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eden

Eden

pretty

Dusted with star matter and borne upon tides of nature, hers is the beauty of wild places.

Bexley's words both broke the paladin's heart and filled it near to bursting with something like pride.

The surety that flowed in the golden lass' voice despite its softness and the resolve that glimmered in those pale azure eyes - but it doesn't matter anymore - was something wondrous to behold and Eden felt herself grinning even wider than before, marveling at the strength that was cradled within her friend's elegant frame. Of course, this came as no surprise to the striped lass, Bexley Briar was a spitfire and a powerful force of nature in her own right, but the depth of her resilience was staggering and Eden found herself more and more grateful to consider herself an ally to the storm that was the gilded mare. Then, as the blonde maiden squeals at the water, her dainty body recoiling from the refreshing near-frigidity that the pool offered, Eden couldn't help but throw back her head and laugh. The sound was full and loud, though the movement caused a few sun wilted petals to drift from her crown of wildflowers to kiss the surface of the waters. 

"Come, it's not that bad," Came her teasing reply, sides still shaking from little bursts of chuckles here and there. Cocking her head at Bexley's question, the lass pursed her lips and gave her answer some thought, riffling through the small allotment of memories that she had collected during her short time within Novus' borders. Rolling her shoulders in some semblance of a shrug - a movement that was becoming increasingly favored by the warrior priestess - Eden could only offer her meager social experience as reply, "I've met Maxence, of course, but we all know him. Other than that, though, I had the pleasure of being bested by and befriending Leviathan in the sparring arena and winning a skirmish with a rather frigid warrior -- I think her name is Seraphina. She's like a storm cloud, that one, all blank expressions and monotone voices..." Eyes widening as she realized what she was saying, the paladin scrambled to right her perceived slander against a fellow warrior.

"Not -- not at all that she's not a good creature, she has many merits, I'm sure. I'd never speak poorly of a sister-in-arms, I must have just met her on an off day." With her voice having grown rather squeaky and rushed as she attempted to rectify her wrongs, Eden frowned at herself and cast a sheepish look at Bexley, "I don't want you to think I say bad things about others when they don't deserve it. That's not the kind of mare I am, I promise."

pretty

@Bexley EDEN RELAX AND LET THE GOSSIP TAKE YOU

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

BEXLEY BRIAR

Bexley watches her friend with barely-concealed mischievousness. Her sanguine lashes aflutter against the white flare of the sun, hips swaying side to side as she attempts to get used to the pinch of cold water over her skin. Under the swaying shadow of the palm trees, she listens to Eden’s voice buzzing with a calm happiness, lips quirked in a faint, roguish smirk. They are one and the same here - friends made quickly but for good reason. Bexley relishes in their easy rapport. It’s refreshing to not think so hard about where to place her steps or exactly which words to pick to earn her peer’s respect. 

Bex distractedly shifts the hair from her neck and, focus muddy, uses her limited telekinesis to wind it into a messy braid. Curls still spill out of the side to brush her cheeks. Usually she’s not so unkempt, but the simple pleasure of being around Eden has her a little less tightly wound than usual. And listening to the warriorress speak about Seraphina, and then, almost as quickly, retract her statement, Bex finds herself nearly as humored as she is surprised, having never been one to apologize for her  own judgements. It’s not a big deal, she reassures her friend, almost snorting. I mean - I can tell you’re not like that. And you’re probably right either way. I haven’t really met her. Bex shrugs. Of course they’ve crossed paths before - at the meetings Max has called, sweltering under yellow sun - but never exchanged more than a few words, too busy bleeding or arguing to say anything of substance. Besides, Eden seems adept enough to pass her own judgements.

With a languid blink, Bexley dips her head to draw circles across the surface of the water as she ruminates on what to say next. We’re a strange group, comes her statement after a long pause. I feel kind of - outside a lot, like, too small, or not strong enough. Shame flushes her cheeks, and Bex’s eyes stay trained on the water. It’s something she’s never said aloud before, and now it hangs in the air like a physical fog, a slim twinge of anxiety moving across Bexley’s skin as she waits for the judgement she knows must be coming.

@Eden a MESS bitch lol so sorry!!!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »