Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Morning Songs

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

i s o r a t h
a king in his own right,
a king without a kingdom.

There is something about taking wing in the morning, a serenity and beauty in the quiet stillness where nature is the only song to come to ear underneath a canopy of pastel. There is no bustle of busy halls or the murmur of others about matters of Court and the plans for the day. There is only the Gulls uttering their calls to the sound of the Ocean waves crashing against the jagged rocks and cliff walls, while the breeze rustled through the grasses clinging to the cliffs and tousling salt kissed hair. Between the smell of the salt water, the faint perfume of the cliff flowers intertwines and makes it just that little bit sweeter.

The view is breathtaking, as the sun still hung low in the morning sky and the moon still showed her pale visage to the slowly waking world, painting the sky in shades of dawn. Soft pinks, dainty purples and delicate blues streak across the never ending sky, and the winged Kirin is almost reminded once again of home. Each stroke of his magnificent wings is a slow elegant stroke, using the wind blown off of the sea to keep him airborn. Gilded scales twinkle in the encroaching light, while his pale white fur shimmered with every graceful turn and twist of his lithe body. Part of him expected to hear the shrill call of fire and flesh on the wind, the sound of rolling thunder as the scaled beasts roused themselves from their perches to join him in his morning flight. He had been young then, young and not so burdened with the troubles that came with walking the long road, he had enjoyed the sky for it's simple pleasure of freedom. How exhilarating it had been to fly with beasts so impossible and yet so real, who looked at him through eyes the colour of molten gold and the deepest shades of crimson, icy blue and moon dust  with feral glee.

Now he enjoyed it as a means to escape, absent of his most dear companions.

Still, his somber mood didn't bleed through upon his chiselled face nor in the way he moved through the sky. He remained effortless, the picture of serenity. The kind of image that many who practiced the arts would long to capture in their mediums, draconian eyes alight in the morning wash, forever unable to be captured by even the most precious of carved gems. He had left his cloak in his chambers, favoring only his bridle, as much as he longed to feel the comfort of the tulle and silk layers, flying in such a thing would be a hindrance more than a help. Even without the extra adornments, he was not any less for it, the white gold and crystals adorning his face emphasizing the sharp contours of his face.

Eventually, he angled his body to take him to the cliff edge, long back legs extended to catch the ground first before his front hooves sank into the lush grasses in a gentle step. Isorath left his wings open once he turned back out to face the ocean, high above his head and extended in the breeze. Words could not describe the feel of the wind as it caressed the leathery appendages, though he imagined it was similar to a lovers gentle touch. Aimed to soothe and beckon the weary soul onward. Lavender eyes fell shut after a moment, his head tilted to welcome the warmth of the sun on his face and ears perked forward to listen to the Ocean's soulful song.

"Isorath talks."

in which arah feels like she's terrible at coming up with starters and open threads omg.

all are welcome! but I know @Rannveig wanted an Isorath thread.

Arion

The earth was silent in its humble being, prayed upon before the altar of the sun, the rise and fall of its idle whims. Here, in this monarchy of old earth and old casts, the mountains rose high, a fleeting symphony of winds hissing its saga for all to hear, promising glory and honor to those who would but vanquish the treacherous peaks. It was a frivolous ambition, the dangers of the archaic temple offering little sympathy for the foolish, the brazen. How many fine equine had fallen to their death here, in these very trecks, seeking a sight far reaching upon those heights. Each step set the bar ever higher, the steep hills rising from their bed of rock, the silty soil rushing down with the most minor of mishap. It was a strained place, one with more than a few lustful demons to be found, poking and prodding at a lords passing feet, forcing them to bend the knee. He would oft watch others in their folly of the game, a mad dash with very little consequence weighted upon feats such as caution.

Yet, no matter the trials he would face, there was an addiction to be had with every moment he triumphed in the rites placed before him, the lacerations and grit burning fine red lines made all the more worth it when he breathed in untouched air. It was perhaps the solitude that tempted him each time, the escape where few dared venture, the earth threatening to cast him to the air, so that he might fall to an unfortunate end. And as each threat came he would meet it head on, his hooves cutting grooves into the mountain side, to be remembered even the hours faded to nothingness. Oblivion crept forward, and for a time, he could almost pretend it that he was a mere spectator to the dial of the world. It was in his blood, this passion at the end of the world, finding joy and simple pleasures in the mere existence of such places. To watch the clash of water upon stone, the heaving titans few dared acknowledge, so enamored they were with more flashy, gaudy entities. This was why he perhaps came to the court of Dusk, this place that mirrored his love of the end, the edge where if they took but one step further, would take a tumble into a different world. The gates stood open in jubilation, burning bright as the Oriens marched his chariots across the threshold. The God who was in love with the moon, willing to share his place amongst the sky with the maiden he would never touch.

It was all very tragic, the sort of tale that would cast a young flowers heart asunder, their naive fallacy minds finding romance in the horrid. The sort of tale that the old such as Arion had long come to expect of the norm. Oft was there a trial place before them, a trial to overcome, a rival to make light on what you truly believed to be true. How could you possibly love, how could they ever love you? The game of words was long and treacherous, for it was linked to the heart; the true weakness of every living mortal. These idle thoughts wound in his mind, flourishing in the melancholy of his mood, the sour expression taking in the myth unfurling before him. "I greet you Oriens," he murmured, the thrumming tenor falling from his lips with a surprising ease. He had never been a man of devout belief, had never knelt before an altar before falling upon this court of grandeur and indulgence. It was a peaceful place they made their own, the whispers of love and guidance to a pantheon he never knew existed drawing intrigue from his artisan mind. A scholar by word and philosophy he would never be, yet, he found admiration for their craft made to honor them, the fine sentinels of stone and gem. Gazing high, watching the process of the lord sovereign of the hour rise ever higher, rushing towards his lady love he would never touch, a brilliant flash of light reflected against a hung kite, alabaster and gold and radiancy. It came from its perch like an eagle set upon a serpent, Arion's bewitched gaze watching, only for its wings of leather to flare open, the molten gold mantle casting shards of diamond light across it hides. A stallion, a familiar beast from the Court of her Ladyship. "A fine morn'," he offered, tracing his eyes upon the other for a moment long, only to turn his sights once more out across the sea, the dawnserly light slowly transitioning to the absolution of day.

@Isorath

Rostislav

I'm not really supposed to be here. It's not my home realm and with the sovereigns in place, it's become somewhat expected to respect the boundaries of each land. And yet here I am, no respect at all! It's not that I mean anything by it, I'm just not always very good at following rules. Plus, I have developed a... thing... with Weir, and Terrastella is her home. So perhaps that grants me a little leniency.

I wander along the cliff, Damaris strolling along behind me. You like it here? Damaris reads my calm, content mood. I don't answer at first, my mind wandering along thoughts of the pale, striped unicorn. She waits quietly, expecting an eventual response. I hum softly. Yes, but I like Denocte better. But... I trail off, but I don't need to finish the thought my hellhound to figure out what I mean. But you are fond of Weir and are drawn here because of her. I nod in silent agreement. I couldn't explain my attraction to the mare. It just... existed.

The last she had left me though, our joyful reunion had been cut short by a change in her mood, her demeanor. I couldn't pinpoint what I'd said or done to cause it, but it most definitely was because of me. I'd thought about it too much, mulling over the how's and why's time and time again. I'm so distracted by the replay in my head that at first I don't notice I've stumbled into the gathering of two stallions. One like a pale ivory and golden dragon hybrid, not unlike Amaris so long ago in Helovia. The other a unicorn with... tusks. Almost a splotched pattern that decorated his hide. I stop a small distance away, recovering my senses hopefully before they've noticed me. "Greetings, Comrades." I say no more, being the intruder not only in the realm, but he moment as well.

WC: 320
Tag: @Isorath @Arion

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x