Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dimensions [Joining]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

It’s hard to understand what he says at first, which makes Maude wonder if he isn’t simply fibbing, and making up a name on the spot. Maybe her face reads all those dubious speculations fleetingly before the tall boy continues on, with much more confidence. Wondering quite suddenly if it’s just that he has a hard time remembering what the place is called, or if he’s new(ish) around the area, she’s perhaps most driven to her sudden change of mind by the most romantic sound of this place, if he’s being honest.

There’s little room for continued conversation, however, the moment moved forward to her emotional blubbering, which seems to rouse the large, winged youth before them into an act of compassion. Looking towards his extended appendage that gently brushes against her, but not recoiling, she doesn’t find words, instead trapped (for the time, anyway) in her mourning.

He’s called Damascus, Maude overhears while trying her best to subdue her erratic sniffles. Then, he asks them if they would like to live here, with the healers and lady Rannveig.

Not knowing much about this lady, but certainly some about healing, the maiden manages to find some semblance of calm in the upwards flutter her heart takes at hearing the word “healers.” Though Damascus doesn’t wait for her or Evangeline’s answer before he heads out towards this mysterious tower, Maude watches him go, and doesn’t take long to slowly start following after.

She wasn’t going to promise she would stay; though she wanted to belong somewhere, she wasn’t sure she was quite ready to belong somewhere other than home, or to change where came to mind, when she thought of the word. Even if her home was gone, forever…

It was still the place she loved the most.

Come on, miss Eva,” sorrowfully smiles the girl through remnant tears, with a glance over her shoulder, “can't hurt to see, right?

[ OOC: Posted before Eva with permission to close out the thread <3 ]

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Evangeline

You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

Evangeline sighed softly as Maude's tears started again as she spoke Helovia's name. The girl stepped closer and Eva offered what little comfort she could. Her muzzle swiped across the girl's cheek, brushing away tears, but it was useless. "Shhhhh." She hummed as soothinly as possible to the girl. "Everything will be fine." The tone of her voice sounded much more confident than she actually felt, but she doubted that Maude would know.

Her attention was swiftly diverted to the tall boy as he began to answer her questions. Novus? Court of Dusks? Neither were names that Evangeline had heard before in her own travels or in passing conversation with anyone else. Then came his name -- Damascus -- followed by another question. Evangeline blinked and looked at Maude, unsure of what the girl would want besides the obvious, and that was to go back home.

The copper mare's ears pricked forward at the mention of healers. "I was a healer in my previous home ... and the one before that." She replied. "Maude's father was a healer as well. TIlney..." is he here she wanted to ask, but cut herself short because she knew that if the answer was no that it would only hurt the filly more.

"Me you follow."

Evangeline hesitated, but Damascus was already leading the way toward a tower that she hadn't noticed before. One ear fell back and she shifted her weight as she tried to make the decision on whether or not to follow the colt or turn away. It was Maude who made Evangeline decide to follow because despite her own hesitance, she would not allow her student to venture into the unknown alone.

"."

@Maude @Damascus

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »