Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Not So Tall Tales

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Hugan

by franknsteins by War-Colt

HUGAN GRAVES
Let me paint this clear, life is short, my dear.

Light had soon been devoured by darkness, the sun taken over by the dull light of the moon. Stars sparkled behind gaps in the clouds, a cool breeze drifting through the lands. The grass at the stallion's hooves shuffled as he made his way through it, his heavy, matted tail dragging along behind him. From his forehead, protruded a large horn, its surface black as coal, but its core green as springtime. Intricately carved eyes stared before the stallion, giving off a soft glow from the bright moon overhead, as if they were keeping watch on the road ahead for him.

As Hugan certainly was not.

Every step of the way, the stallion had his good eye peeking over his shoulder; at every rustle in the grass or flap of a bird's feather. He was new to these lands and it obviously showed. Despite him having met a few others in passing and his court chosen, the once-was wanderer did not feel entirely safe in the darkness of the new land. When do you ever feel safe? He mused to himself, a smirk pulling at the corner of his lips at the thought, one of his golden teeth showing through a parted maw.

It was true, the ex ambassador never did feel safe. There were times that he longed to be a child again; not a care in the world and his clan to keep him safe. Sure, his father had taught him how to fight, how to defend himself, but he had convinced himself it would not be needed.. Well if his time alone had taught him anything, it was that anything could happen at any time.. and if one was not prepared..

He stopped as a shadow fell over him, his thoughts pulled back into reality as he glanced up at what so dared to block what little light he had. Before him stood a castle larger than he had seen in a while. Its worn stone and brick showed years of wear, but it still stood tall and strong against the elements. Something about it reminded him of home, but he was quick to remove such thoughts from his mind.

Perhaps this was the hub of his court, the place he had been told about from those passing by. His shoulders rose and fell in a deep sigh before he placed an emerald hoof before an ebony; he had might as well check it out now that he was here.

413 | @Reichenbach
I apologize for my rusty writing, i just need some time to get used to him :'D

Reichenbach

R E I C H E N B A C H
LIKE ICARUS LOVED THE SUN

Leaving Camdis' chambers, Reichenbach loosed a hefty sigh - as if he'd been holding his breath the whole hour, not staring intently at anywhere but his Regent's silver eyes. Raglan had done well in the lesson, basically holding that silver tongue of his for almost the full hour. Camdis already had the boy reading fluently - a feat that was applaudable, what with Raglan's penchant for disrespecting authority. The Night King walked a few steps to the window of the Castle, staring out toward the lake through fluid argent eyes, feeling the brush of his lashes against his cheekbones as he looked down to the courtyard below. 

There was someone unfamiliar down there - a man, short of stature but impressive all the same. Reichenbach watched him curiously, angling his great head with a soft tinkle of coins. 

Moments later he was striding easily through the Court, a pleasant and jovial grin upon his handsome face. One of his Crows slipped by, grinning back at him before vanishing seemingly into thin air, though Reich knew the tricks - had performed them himself when he'd had to. He watched after the orphan for a few moments before turning back toward the newcomer, dancing toward him on nimble toes. 

"Welcome to The Night Court"

Was his rumbled, musical decree. Reichenbach drew closer, pausing before the horned man with an easy, vibrant smile. 

ooc; @hugan I love Hugan!!

☀︎

Hugan

by franknsteins by War-Colt

HUGAN GRAVES
Let me paint this clear, life is short, my dear.

"Welcome to The Night Court." 

A rumbling voice accompanied by the soft fall of hooves caught the stallion by surprise. He tried not to show it, the only indication being in the bod of his head as he turned to meet the one who had approached him. His lips stayed closed as he studied the figure. He certainly was taller, as Hugan found his head craning to meet his soft silvery gaze. He held a pleasant smile on his dark lips, vibrant, but not overbearing.

At least he did not seem threatening.

Letting out a soft breath, the striped man allowed for his muscles to relax, his head dropping ever so slightly as his matted hair clung to his face. He kept his bright green eyes shifted upward, not breaking eye contact out of respect. While he did not know this stranger, he certainly did not want to make a bad impression.

"Thank you." He replied, his voice deep and accent thick. His gaze shifted back to the castle, where he assumed the stranger had come from, before seeking out eye contact again. "My name is Graves and I'm new here, but have chosen the Night as my court." He introduced himself, using his last name as he always did with his first encounters. Perhaps if he met the fellow again, his first would slip his lips. "Who might you be?" He paused, tipping his head in the direction of the castle with a small flick of his messy locks. "Do you live here?"

254 | @Reichenbach
kfsdg thank you! I love Reichenback too much!

Reichenbach

R E I C H E N B A C H
LIKE ICARUS LOVED THE SUN

Denocte was home to many a foreign traveller, with such a variation of accents and lineages that Reichenbach almost held the notion that they had at least one foreigner from every corner of the world living in their city of shadows. So it was pleasure that gripped his ebony lips and shoved them upward into a jovial grin when he heard Graves' thick accent. The more the merrier, the more varied the better. 

"An excellent choice, if you ask me"

Was his humoured response, a wry smile lighting Reichenbach's argent gaze as he dipped his head and announced;

"Reichenbach, of The Night Court."

He had no reason to explain that he was King of these parts - in more ways than one - for he did not see himself any differently, and found no need for the distinction. He shifted his bright gaze to the castle before them, admitting "I spend some time here, but mostly I prefer to sleep under an open sky." The Sovereign tilted his head to one side, considering Graves with some curiosity before asking;

"And what brings you to The Night Court? Aside from the excellent company"

He flashed another grin, offering a long lashed wink to accompany it.

ooc; @hugan sorry for the wait!! x

☀︎