Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a smile from the west

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhaenyra

Rhaenyra
daughter of Viserion the Frost Dragon
Wandering had always been her strong suit, ever since her mother had cast her out, all in the name of protecting her. Last she’d heard, Viserion had been consumed by the demon land, and she was left forever without the knowledge of who her sire was, and if there was any of her family left on the outside. Wandering became her day by day, and it was through the endless wandering that she learned the singular trick of the trade needed to keep her alive – how to fight and defend herself, and nothing more. Social skills are not so good or easy to learn but she’d known enough.

There had been a small length of time she’d spent, not so long ago, after she’d healed in a Court of the Winter, paying back her debt to them by lending herself to them. After she had left, it was more wanderlust in her veins that had brought her here.

Here to where she stood on the shores of the tumultuous ocean before her, with angry waves rising that lashed the shoreline, carving the rock over the millennia.

Before the roiling water she stood, looking out across it. The sky was darkened by cloud, and there was a heavy feeling in the air, salt burning her nostrils but she welcomed the feeling. Anything to feel alive and a part of the world, she was content to keep.

She remains here, eyes closing as she drinks in the sounds and scents – and for a moment, the first time since she’d heard, she grieves for her mother.

Note: anyone is welcome, shes just come here... and I'm getting used to things :D

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

It is an air of familiarity that guides Florentine’s feet to this girl of blue, blue crystal.

Amethyst eyes drift between the blue, blue sea and the girl; a creature of sea spray and glittering gems. Flora is silent for a moment, wondering how many horses she has greeted in this manner now – upon a cliff, with only the sea air to dry tears and disperse the ghosts of sadness that cling to cliff-side. Often they were upon the cliffs of her home where the sea is a welcome roar within her ears. She wonders how often her skin is sticky with salt, her mane tangled with sea air – not often enough, the flower girl ponders with a smile.

Amethyst eyes drift sideways to her compatriot and there she lingers on the glitter of sadness that glows within Rhaenyra’s eyes. “I am sorry I am late.” Flora begins, her voice only just above the hiss and crash of the waves. It is tempting to look down at the sea spray climbing up towards them, but she cannot, not when there is a lingering sadness between them.

Maybe Florentine should have learnt her lesson on comforting strangers on cliff tops…  Yet she stands beside the azure girl, her heart a butterfly’s wings beating against her breastbone.  Petals tumble out to sea and she watches them go, caught upon the winds before falling down, down to the raging sea below.

“It gets easier.” The flower girl begins, knowing nothing of what put that sadness in Rhaenyra’s eye, yet feeling her own ache for the parents she can no longer reach.

“Just don’t fall in love.” Florentine’s gaze rolls in off the sea, snagging blue with amethyst as she chirps, quite unhelpfully, but very much from recent experience, ‘It complicates everything and then you have to feel sad and in love and that is just confusing.”

@Rhaenyra - I am so sorry, I had a complete brain block on where to take this! If you want to play out that they have met before, I am find with that, or if you would rather they be new acquaintances I am fine with that also! <3

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future