Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - exodus

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tilney

T I L N E Y   

When a brontide rumbled upon the mountains and warm raindrops kissed his cheek, that was wen the weary patriarch began to stir. How and when he had arrived in the Viride Forests of Novus was a total mystery, one that was just as unexplainable as how he had entered and left the Rift. It seemed, though, that finding loopholes in their universe was incredibly taxing on his body - or so he had observed since falling through time and space twice now; first from Helovia to the Rift, and now from the rift to Novus. 

The first thing the stallion felt was lonely. Truly, deeply, and inexplicably isolated. Soon he began to associate this feeling to the absence of Peatree who's bond seemed to have vanished entirely, a bond forged by nothing but the most beautiful magic. The little bat was gone.
Lifting his head from the dense forest floor was a great effort, especially when ideas of Peatrees demise had begun to hook into his mind. Was the little fellow dead? Or worse, was he lost forever? The poor creature had never lived a day without hanging from Tilney's antlers or nesting in his mane.

It was as the flaxen physician sat up against the trunk of a towering oak, blinking in the sight of a rainy golden hour that he observed a strange message scrawled in the dirt not far from where he lay. A stick had been used to carve words out of a muddy patch in the forest floor, and all in the language of Tilney's homeland - one he'd taught to Peatree.
"I go" it read "Look I for Arah, Jude, Byron"
"Returnsing one day soon"

A sigh of relief passed roughly through Tilney's nares as he viewed his bonded's message, both overjoyed that the little creature was still among the living but also saddened to read that he had gone alone. A few more weeks or months and Tilney was certain he would find Maude - then they could return to Helovia and search the debris for any sign of their other loved ones, though truthfully, Tilney had all but given up hope. Helovia was in ashes; not a soul had survived. 

It took minutes, perhaps even part of an hour for the exhausted and malnourished stag to ascend to all four hooves. His next priority as finding water, shelter, and food that was edible. 
image © Aivoree

Alioth

Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun

Alioth had kept to herself for the most part since her arrival across the sea to Novus. She spent the time watching the curious inhabitants of this foreign and usual world she has only heard stories of as she grew up. She spent many solitary hours pruning her scales and keeping her horns and hair in order. It is only right for someone of her lineage and her political standing to be kept presentable and cleanly.

She was preening in between her scales and underneath them. She cleaned the dirt and dust out and along with checking for bugs or parasites. She also must make sure that her scales are not allowed to dry out. She has descended from the ocean after all.

The peaceful silence of her position was suddenly disturbed by the movement of a horse nearby. She was quiet as to not give away her location in case he has been oblivious to her so far. She looked over his magnificent horns and the silver hair that cascades over a gold hued body and somewhat disguising a tree on one side of his body. She contemplates if he is from the land of spring where she comes from for they honor the land and nature and markings of such usually will adorn their bodies.

The world of Veteris across the ocean the courts do not speak to one another unless the need is imminent. Fights over little things tend to break out from time to time but each handles them in their own way.

Curiosity is one of her downfalls for she can’t help but seek out knowledge. She seeks out things that will teach her and she seeks adventures. This man seems to down. Back in the Summer Court they love life and celebrate it whenever they can. They hold festivals for every occasion and laughter and love is prevalent. This is not home but she still seeks to know why his heart is so clouded.

You there tree man. Why are you so glum? Trees are ageless noble things which have no time for petty musings. Is there anything I can do for you?

She is not usually one to assist others but it is hard for her to see others in a foul space of mind. Perhaps she could be of assistance, if not then she can just as easily be on her way.

@Tilney

coding: © x

Tilney

T I L N E Y   

In recent months the forest father had found himself growing more and more impervious, now immune to the beauty witnessed at the foot of a mountain in the moment it is first beheld. True colour no longer warms this man's chilling heart, not even as his chest is turned to gold by the vibrant rays of a forest at dusk - there are terrors on his mind this night.

The lantern held aloft no longer breathes sights of ember and flame. Instead it lifelessly swings and groans from it's rusted hold upon the stallion's antlers, it's magic stolen by the antichrist's pillage in his homeland. Without the gift of light, of flame, Tilney had only moment's left of sight before day turned to night. Being night-blind was the least of his troubles; after all his only daughter was feared dead like the rest of his family, though still it remained a mountain he would have to climb, a treacherous river he needed to cross. Soon night had fallen, and so the horrors began.

Into the night he stared blindly, fumbling quietly upon the forest floor with his shoulders and hooves grazing upon tree roots and trunks to guide the way. It was only when the footsteps of another came upon another note of sleepy woodland song that he froze, still and scared like a rabbit in a trap.
"Who is there?" The patriarch bellowed, a voice soft but urgent. 

The woman's voice was unexpected, though he welcomed it with a sigh of submission. Every element of guard remained up and skittishly he turned to face the source of the sensual voice, blinded eyes blinking in want for light. The ginger creature's main fear was that whatever he was speaking to was not actually equine, but something entirely different...
'Trees are ageless noble things which have no time for petty musings. Is there anything I can do for you?'
"Yes" Tilney replied urgently, hardly giving her time to finish speaking. "I seek sanctuary".
image © Aivoree

@Alioth !

Alioth

How curious this stallion seemed? His movements are anything but smooth. He seemed to stumble while thudding his hooves against wood, soil, and leaves. He stood strong regardless. The muscles in his body showed finely through his golden skin and causing the tree markings on his body to look like the tree was waving as if in the wind. She couldn’t help but wonder, is he blind? His head seemed to sway as he comes to a stop and his ears had to search he out as she spoke. He showed a defensive attitude but not a way that would make her think he was about to attack. Alioth could not blame him for feeling the instinctual drive to defend one’s own safety.
He hardly let her finish her words before he spoke out with his answer. It didn’t take a second thought before he expressed his heart’s desire. Alioth knew not how to respond and stood silently. If this had been the Summer Court things would be different. He would need to come before the entire council and then face several challenges to see if he fit within their home, where he comes from, what his purpose is, and how he might better the community. She is not in power here. She holds no council seat and makes no decision for anyone. She is new here as well but perhaps she can play pretend. That way She can give better information to Kasil who is the sovereign here.

I am Alioth dear stranger. I am not in a position of power but I can stay with you if you would like to talk. May I ask where you came from? And perhaps you can tell me more about yourself?

Alioth has no idea if his blindness will last time daybreak but it would be easier to lead him out to the Dawn court building in the daytime. Alioth lets a hind hoof relax as she decided she will settle in with the stranger for the evening.

@Tilney <3

Tilney

T I L N E Y   

He watched the coloured creature, his green eyes darting over each fading branch in the canopy in search of another. Perhaps, secretly, he wished that he was not alone for fear that this woman was not so kind as she let on.
"I am Tilney" he panted, legs easing from their braced stance as the woman continued to approach, her words honeyed and welcoming. "I cannot see... I am nightblind" He managed to choke out ,despite how little he wished to tell her of his ailment. 

It had become a problem in Helovia when no one knew of his condition. Always aided by his lantern, no one had ever questioned it, but when it was stolen it had caused more than just a trifle. 
"Please," he soon began, thoughts drifting once again to his young daughter and the fact that he desperately needed to find her. "I must get to... a herd?" Is that what they called them here? Tilney couldn't think of anything else to call a group of equines.
Unless this place ws dominated by more than just equines.
image © Aivoree

@Alioth !
so sorry i didnt know i had a reply!!

Alioth

Thin curved Marwari ears pricked towards his stuttering words. He didn’t seem to have a speech problem but more of a hesitation of words that he would want to speak and Alioth doesn’t blame him. He is strong looking and noble looking. Weakness doesn’t come easily to the male gender. Especially admitting to a something like being blind in the night. If he could see the look on her face when he might feel worse for she pitied him. She is cold on the outside because she must be but on the inside, she is soft for those who lack in one way or another. Alioth reached out towards the tree on his shoulder but then pulled back. She didn’t want to spook him or have him feel any worse than he is right now. The sun will be coming up soon. I will show you to the man who can give you a home. He is a good leader from what little I know of him. If we were in a different land than I know a place for you to go but we are not there. We are here in Novus. This is the dawn court. There is plenty of room here for you.

The sky is just beginning to turn a light shade of blue. The chill of the night still hangs heavy on the trees with the coming winter. The bugs are beginning to stir and occasionally you can hear the chirps of early morning birds beginning to stir in the treetops. Alioth is grateful no creatures have come creeping by but the dawn is still not here yet. A thought drifts across her mind. Your secret is safe with me. She smiles but doesn’t know if he can see it on her lips. I can keep you warm till morning if you need it. She won’t be offended if he refuses but she felt she should offer regardless. Tell me a story and I will tell you one. It is the last effort to try and comfort him further.

@Tilney
No worries. I'll tag you in chat.