Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Starlight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lyra

Light footsteps make little sound on the luscious summer grass but a shadow moves about under the moonlight. Had it not been for her pale starlike markings on her body, she would have been seemingly invisible otherwise.

Lyra was far lost in thought to even realize where she was going but without hesitation her hooves carried her down a well traveled, beaten down path. The dust behind her was minimal for she was merely walking but it seemed to catch the wind and swirl away just as fast as her mind had hours ago. Hardy hooves were being worn thin, tired of travel but willing to go just a little further but they seemed to have a mind of their own tonight as she swam back to her family in a heap of emotional memories. Memories of her homeland and the bloodshed flashed across her mind.

The young mare shook her head to clear her thoughts, what happened was in the past and she needed to keep those memories at bay. What she needed..no what she hoped for by coming to Novus and joining the Night Court was that she'd find a home. Pausing for a small rest, she glanced around with her pale silver eyes glancing up at the stars, the view of them easy to see. They were beautiful..then again all stars were. She let out a small sigh from her lips unaware to her other surroundings.

"Talk."

image | coding

@Aislinn

Aislinn

AISLINN
SHE TASTES LIKE MOONBEAMS AND LAVENDER

The stars blinked and shimmered down on the winged shadow as she moved with ease in the darkness; a true child of the Night Goddess. She walked with a gentleness that she had inherited from her mother dame, and also with a strength that had been trained into her since she could walk from her other mother. A nomad, a dreamer, a protector. A singer of storms and lover of the stars. She was so many things, but first and foremost, Aislinn was a daughter of the Night; finding peace in Calligo's shadows and smoke and stars.

Her mind ran in circles as she walked, not entirely lost, but with no certain direction or destination either. Even worse, Aislinn's emotions were no less than a cyclone, but one that she was becoming all-too familiar with. She felt striped of her dignity and pride as of late; no longer feeling like the strong woman who could face fear, but instead a little girl who had her heart broken in two. Naïve, innocent, and rather ridiculous. Because of this, she found that sleep was harder to find, so instead she wandered.. more than usual, and into the wee hours of morning when the sun first yawned awake on the horizon.

Tonight was one of those nights; restless and unbound with an excess of nervous energy coursing through her bones. Her head was drooped, neck loose as her eyes stared at the ground passing beneath her feet as she walked. Aislinn's thoughts were racing, her breathing a little quick, until her ears twitched.. barely catching the slightest of sighs amongst the soft night sounds. She snapped her head upwards, ears flicked as blue orbs blinked against the darkness. Ahead of her was the source of the sound -- a woman of blue and shadows and stars, much like the Night surrounding them both. Beautiful, a creature of twinkling stars and midnight-black caresses. Aislinn recognized her, simply due to passing as she was another lady of the king's Court of Dreams.

A smile broadened on her lips as warmth shivered over the stormsinger's skin. She picked up her pace, coming to stand next to the lovely blue mare, Aislinn's great wings tucked close to her body.
"Calligo's outdone herself again, don't you think?" 
she inquiries, eyes of blue flames upwards to take in the shimmering stars, her grin warm and welcoming to her new companion.

@lyra <3

Lyra

l y r a

SHE IS MADE OF MOONBEAMS AND STARDUST

The young mare didn't know she had company not until it was too late anyway. She was so focused on her own thoughts she hadn't listened for anything approaching or for any scent in particular. It wasn't until she heard the voice of the other woman that she stiffened. She turned her head to look next to her and couldn't help the brief look of surprise crossing her face. She recognized the woman only because she was a fellow lady in the king's Court of Dreams. The champion of battle if she remembered correctly, she admired anyone that had the strength to fight.

If only she had the skills herself but Lyra had never truly learned how to fight. She knew the basics of self defense but mostly she just knew when to run and hide. Not exactly the most heroic of things to do now was it?

Shaking her head a bit she put on a small smile towards Aislinn. "I agree..it's beautiful tonight." Lyra replied as she glanced upwards once again to the shimmering sky. Turning her silver gaze back to Aislinn with a slight tilt of her head, "Couldn't sleep either?"

"speaking"

@Aislinn

Neverr & space

Aislinn

AISLINN

The stormsinger could almost swear that the demi-goddess smiled down upon the two night-blessed mares as they gathered beneath Her sea of glittering stars. She does not notice her companion's stiff muscles at her approach; instead, she grins in welcome and exudes the warmth that embodies starlight and low burning candles. Her gaze heavenward, Aislinn recalls the festivities of the Court of Dreams; ever searching until her breath hitches in recollection as the name of the blue mare comes back to her through memories hazed by summer wine. Lyra, a lovely name for a lovely girl. The Champion of Community, if her memory served her well.

A desire to learn more about the other woman filled her, her curiosity burning and unfaltering as a wildfire. Aislinn bent to it's flames; for not only did she long to become closer to those in their king's council, but also to possible become something akin to friends. Sisters, even; for that is what the Rahilah called each woman in their tribe. A sister, a comrade, a maiden bound by stars. This, at the very least, they had in common. Calligo's shadows hugged and clung to every curve of their bodies. Where Aislinn was a warrior-gypsy honed by thunderstorms and hair the color of moondust, Lyra was the deep navy of night skies and shining starlight. Daughters of the demi-goddess it seemed; fitting as it was that they now both served in a court of dreamers with the Night King at it's helm.

With such thoughts running wild through her mind, Aislinn shook her head to be rid of them, delicate ears flickering at the woman's words. She inhaled sharply, huffing through her nostrils as sleepiness tugged at her eyelids, but not enough to drift her into a slumber where she could dream.
"No, it does not seem I get much sleep these days," Aislinn replied softly, chords of sadness ever so hinted underneath her words. Her reply rang true; the gypsy woman's heart had been shattered, leaving her awake and mind reeling with every waking moment. Most nights, after she wandered with restless energy, Aislinn found herself only able to fall asleep when pure exhausted pulled her into the depths of unconsciousness. Only then did she find relief, but not for long.

Somber, Aislinn blinked through the dust of sleep, managing a smile. No, she did not desire to dwell on such things. Instead, she asked,
"And what has you wandering on this beautiful night? If you do not mind me asking."

@lyra <3

Lyra

l y r a

Lyra could always use more friends as..she didn't have any really. Although many here had been kind to her so far and she owed those in the Night Court her loyalty for taking her in when she needed it. Denocte was..home to her even though she wasn't a native. As her silvery gaze glanced over to her companion, she found herself smiling a bit at the woman. It would seem indeed that the goddess Caligo shone down on them both with blessings. Lyra might not have been a native to these lands but she believed and had faith in the night goddess.

Her ears pricked forward at the sound of Aislinn's voice when she spoke. She could hear the tone of sadness beneath her words and a look of concern crossed her features. "Is there anything I can do to help?" She wondered with a slight tilt of her head at the woman. If she could somehow help she'd be more than happy to. But it would seem the same question would be turned around on her and Lyra couldn't help but pause to think of her answer.

"I..like to watch the stars when I can get a chance. They help..keep me company." She qietly admitted with a small sheepish smile on her lips.

"speaking"

@Aislinn

Neverr & space

Aislinn

AISLINN

Her heart flared and warmed as her new-found company smiled back her. Although the pull of slumber was intoxicating and sweet and always just out of reach, Aislinn returned that welcoming smile, despite the exhaustion that plagued her. Her delicately curved ears pricked forward, keen and listening, open to hear the woman's words. The Champion of Community; a role that Aislinn thought fit the night-blessed woman well.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Her heart shuddered and nearly caved in entirely, but she reined it. Chained it and locked it with a key. Not on this night; no, she would not let her rampant heartache overwhelm her more than it already had. Her sleep robbed, her dreams no more than nightmares. She would not let the pain of his words nor reality come crashing down on a single, waking moment that she drew breath.

No more. She was stronger than that.

"No.. thankfully I think I'm alright, but I greatly appreciate your kindness, Lyra." Truth rung through every word. Clear and beautiful, and with more confidence than she had felt since the moment her king had broken her heart. A lovely smile broadened and brightened her heart, her soul, like a burning star shedding light into the wounds that lay there. Yes.. she would be alright. Aislinn would not accept anything less.

Too long had she let her broken heart hold sway over her; causing internal tsunamis over emotion, tornadoes of piercing ache, and hurricanes of tears now dry upon the cliff side above a stormy sea. But now, her smile reached her eyes, glimmering and fiery and full of that light than burned through her veins. For the first time in ages, the breath that blew through her nostrils and coated her lungs was not filled with the overwhelming perfume of lavender blossoms, or night jasmine, or trembles of grief. She was steady, a pillar of stone, unwavering and rising anew.

A phoenix reborn from the ashes of her sadness.

I.. like to watch the stars when I can get a chance. They help.. keep me company.

Aislinn's gaze searched her companion's face and the sheepish grin tugging  at  the woman's lips.
"I understand that feeling well," she replied, her own orbs blinking upwards to marvel at her Goddess' creation. A never-ending sea of stars that shimmered from another world, another time. Dying bursts of light that shed beauty onto their very existence. She inhaled as she looked upwards still, nearly missing the tinge of something more that may or may not have coated the woman's words. The navy mare was a stranger, but a warm one.. and Aislinn could not help but burn with a desire to know about the star-kissed woman who stood at her side.

"Are you lonely, dear?"

@lyra <3

Lyra

l y r a

Lyra merely inclined her head slightly when Aislinn mentioned that she was alright. No matter if the blue-black coated mare knew Aislinn..or anyone well, she didn't want anyone to be in pain. To feel miserable. Lyra knew how that felt, to feel so distraught and..lost to the point of losing oneself. It had taken her months of traveling far from her own homeland to even resemble a somewhat 'whole' person. Perhaps that was why she had been made into the Champion of Community, perhaps the Crow King had seen something hidden there that she hadn't found. Only time would tell she guessed if she was capable of the task.

However right now what she wanted most was..a friend. Even having just one would be amazing to her. With a small shake of her head to clear away the dark thoughts that threatened to overcome her she turned her silvery gaze back to the pegasus at her side.

'Are you lonely, dear?'

"In a way..yes. I feel at home here, more than I ever did in the place of my birth. Still I am not very good at making friends it would seem." A soft chuckle left her lips albeit full of sadness.

"speaking"

@Aislinn I'm so sorry this is utter poop. :c

Neverr & space

Aislinn

AISLINN

In a way.. yes. I feel at home here, more than I ever did in the place of my birth. Still I am not very good at making friends it would seem.

Aislinn's own heart began to swell at the woman's words, her orbs blinking as her gaze warms to the woman that was woven of night skies and stars. The sadness brimmed underneath the Champion's words send shocks of melancholy and something primal through her. It takes her a moment to fully understand the emotions swirling in her blood, her bones; Aislinn's protectiveness has begun to take over. More than ever, she realizes that she wishes to take away that tinge of sorrow coating Lyra's words, and replace it with warmth and understanding.

She knows all too well the feeling of sadness; the pit that can be created from it. A fathomless hell of darkness and shadow that can sometimes feel near impossible to climb out of.. into the sunlight of happiness, of love, of friendship.

A tender smile curls the warrior woman's lips, sapphire orbs brightening like tiny bundles of blue flame in the midnight sea of her coat. She nearly stretches out her wing towards the other girl, like an arm draping over one's back in comfort. But instead, not wanting to breach an unspoken boundary line, Aislinn retreats into herself, leaning on her words instead.
"Well, I would beg to differ, dear," she replies, warmth blanketing every word that touches her lips, "you've already made at least one friend."

She looks up then, gaze wide and welcoming as she takes in the ocean of stars above her. How they glitter like tiny suns in a galaxy of indigo and inky black, their beauty ethereal and sparkling. For a moment, Aislinn wonders if the stars are alive; if they are simply gods and goddesses who take the form of shining supernovas in disguise. Do they listen to their mortal prayers? Their hopes, their wishes, their dreams?

Can they hear her now, as she quietly sends a shred of hope heavensward, for her and this woman who stands beside her now?

She turns, her crown facing the star-kissed woman full on as she moves to turn back to the capital city. Her back to the open plain of sweetgrass and wonders beyond. But before she goes, before she vanishes into the shadows like a wraith woven from starlight, a thread bound in her chest pulls her stare to the sky, one last time. And she is glad, as she witnesses a falling of cold stars streak high above them in shimmering silver trails. Her wishes, her dreams, her prayers, answered and made on each shooting star.

Aislinn doesn't realize that her own eyes are lined in silver before she blinks away the tears of joy that have threatened to spill down her smooth cheeks. Instead, she only says:
"Look at that.. your luck is better than it seems, Lyra."

@lyra <3

Lyra

l y r a

Gazing back out at the scenery, the stars twinkling above. Her thoughts seeming to wander away for a moment. To what no one would be able to tell and Lyra wasn't going to say. Her ears faced forward to indicate she was listening to Aislinn though, if she decided to speak during this pleasant silence. That is when she caught the word 'friend' and she blinked a little in surprise. Though she quickly felt a smile crossing her features, yes it would seem she had made a friend..and she is grateful for it.

Glancing towards Aislinn again, "I suppose I have..and the feeling is mutual." She replied after a moment of thought, a small smile on her lips. Lyra tilted her head to the side slightly. Her pale silver eyes seeming distant as though reliving some forgotten memory she didn't want to. She shook her head a little and let out a small breath. Lyra had made a friend..perhaps one day she would tell her story to others, to her friend. But not now as she turned towards the city herself only to pause when Aislinn herself seems to have stopped moving. Lyra saw it and couldn't help the sweet smile appearing on her face once more, seeing the stars falling across the sky was beautiful. She quietly wondered where they would go, what sort of business stars had if any.

Her ears pricked forward at Aislinn's voice and she lowered her head towards the woman. "Maybe both of our luck has changed for the better, Aislinn."

"speaking"

@Aislinn

Neverr & space

Aislinn

AISLINN

Aislinn.

Her name wrapped in the woman's voice warmed her heart. Just like that, they were friends. Companions, and she would sooner lay down her life for this woman than let something happen to her. That was how she was with friends, with family. Aislinn was not contained by the boundaries of blood, but of loyalty. And her loyalty was a fierce, thundering beast that would sooner shred sadness and enemies into ash and dust than let harm touch a pretty hair on her head. She was the same with her tribe, with her King, with her Warden.. and now Lyra. Beautiful, night-blessed Lyra. The woman before her was now apart of her inner circle, and with it, she held a special place in Aislinn's heart and soul.

The Champion of Battle would, for better or worse, chase away every drop of sorrow underneath Lyra's words. Maybe not now, not tonight. But eventually, she would show her what happiness felt like. How the sun could warm the soul, and how the stars listened to every hope and dream wished upon them. That this land, this realm, this world was a lovely, glorious place. And maybe then, the woman's misery would fade away. Aislinn surely hoped it would, anyway.

As quickly as the stars had begun to fall across the sky in trails of shining dust, they faded, falling below the horizon and vanishing into the night. The night breeze tickled her forelock, leading her silently in the direction of her second home, the City of Starlight. Her tower room calling to her. The shooting stars that had passed seemed to have sprinkled their own magic into her eyes, for sweet slumber pulled at her eyelids. Heavy and wonderful and at the very edge of sleep.
"I'm glad, truly," she replied, her smile waning for only a moment as she blinked her tired eyes, "but now I believe Calligo has blessed me with dust from the Sandman himself."

She stepped forward then for several paces, if anything out of habit as her muscles grew heavy. Her wings drooping towards the ground. Stars above, she thanked her goddess for her goodness and passion and love for her people; for she had not felt the strong urge of blissful sleep for too long. Aislinn turned, her crown tilted, quietly beaconing to Lyra as the capital city glimmered in the distance. For although the mist of dreamland sang to her, she was still a Child of the Night, hesitant to leave the beautiful darkness behind. "Goodnight, dear Lyra."

And like a wraith of smoke and shadows, the stormsinger melted into the dark, her hooves pulling her back to her home before sleep finally claimed her.

@lyra thank you so much for the thread lovely!! I would very much like to thread them again <3

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »