Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The art of healing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

The meeting had ended, and now Pan found himself wandering back around the Dawn Court, wondering what came next.  Kasil’s instructions were pretty clear… he needed to find a job to do.  Though the Sovereign had first mentioned being a warrior, Pan had immediately rejected the idea.  That left two things – the Sages and the Caretakers.  Pan fancied himself a bit of each, for he was a learner and storyteller, but he also cared deeply and his empathy for others could be a boon to this place.  Torn between being one of many sages, or truly useful as a healer (which they didn’t seem to have many of), he’d decided on the latter.  

As he wandered, he thought of other healers he’d known.  Like him, they seemed to collect bits of plants to turn into healing salves and potions, so he’d taken to the task quite fervently, pulling weeds and strange flowers, and gathering pieces of bark and clods of dirt into his bag.  Without direction, these plants were simply a collection of organic crap… and the longer that he carried them around, they more they seemed to stink.  On his own, he was no closer to finding the means to being a healer than he’d been before thinking about it… so he decided to seek out the only healer he knew here.

Kaladin had caused something of a stir in the meeting, but Pan wasn’t one to judge.  The boy was an optimist to a fault, and wished no ill will to the grouchy stallion.  Humming as he traveled through the forest, he began to search for the earth-hued male.  Kaladin!  His child-voice rang through the trees, scaring away birds and breaking the silence of the morning… but Pan didn’t seem to mind.  He pressed onward, through the forest, until at long last he spotted the stallion far in the distance.  There you are!  Breathlessly, he closed the gap between them in an awkwardly jaunty lope, offering Kaladin a lopsided smile as he approached.  Remember me?  I’m Pan!  Together, the two stood in the silent glade, awkwardness falling between them for only a moment before he rushed to explain.  Can you show me what to do with these?  Even as he mentioned it, he dumped his bag of broken roots and wilted flowers onto the grass.  Are these helpful… for healing, I mean?

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Kaladin