Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Wings to the Mind

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Weir

W e i r

Vespera, why do your feel so close but so far away at the same time.

Weir placed one hoof in front of the other on rocky ground dusted with the frozen flakes of snow. The ground is hard and unforgiving. The thudding sound of her hooves clattering on the stone was the only sound. Summer is starting to fade and the temperatures are dropping. Weir’s coat is starting to grow out in preparation for winter’s coming. White clouds puffed from her nostrils as she strained on the narrow goat trails to where she may be able to worship to her goddess. The sun setting in the distance lit the sky up in pinks, purples, and blues. Weir stopped for a moment to catch her breath in the thin air and to take in the majesty of the sky from way up here. If she strained she thought she could even see the dusk court. Her white hair whipped in the winds of these heights. She turned to the trail once more. Just as night was settling its cool fingers into every corner and around every stone, Weir arrived at the cave she had seen when she first arrived here. The large mouth led down a corridor where water dripped and pooled on the ground. Strange bugs, spiders, and bats lived in the ceiling and other crevices.

She had soaked some dried leaves in some flammable oil that Weir had found in the swamps. She brought along a rock that she had known to create sparks that she found near the base of the mountain. Using her telekinesis, she sparked and lit the wad of leaves and then pulled a larger pouch from her mane and up it. She laid the flaming leaves in the large pouch of flammable leaves which also ignited. The cave lit up and she could see all the paintings on the walls. They seemed to dance as the light flickered and created shadows. Creation, battles, family, love, and loss were told all around her and at the center a large portrait of a mare. The writing was in a language she could not understand but she believed this to be Vespera. Vespera. I know I should have visited sooner. I am not always good about keeping up with my prayers. I hope you got to see down by the ocean with the stormchildren. I was calling to you. Weir took a bag of healings herbs that she had brought and laid it on the ground in front of the painting on the wall of the goddess.

The light reflected off her metal leaves that swung back and forth and fractured the light around the cave and looked like twinkling stars. She began to hum a tune that her mother had taught her as a child. It was a lullaby but it comforted her. She hummed and sang the lullaby quietly for a time and then it ended and the cave went quiet again. Vespera. I need to guidance. My sovereign has given me the position of Champion of Community. I don’t know what to do. I have never had a leadership before. I think the job should do with balancing of the other champions and of the sovereign to make sure that the decisions being made for the people are the correct ones. I guess like an advocate for the people. I want to do this job well. I wish I could hear your voice. I would like to know what to do. Weir looked down. The trip here had exhausted her and slowly she lowers her body to the floor and in the quiet of this place she hums her song once again.

All are welcome!

Neverr & space

Rostislav

Been a long time since I came to the Peak. Yeah that peak. The worship-y one with the gods and goddesses, Caligo herself included. I step through stone-riddled path toward the top, or at least a decent clearing, picking my way carefully. I hear Damaris nearby, but I can't see her hidden among the trees and brush. I've never known you to be one interested in communing with the Gods. What's changed? I huff, letting a little irritation show at her observation. Nothing. Let a male wander in peace, eh? She chuckles and doesn't respond.

The setting sun steals away the warmth from the air, my breath starting to show in front of me. Fall is disappearing, winter coming faster than I'm really ready for. The hairs on my body are only just starting to grow out, but I've got a tough hide. The cool air at this altitude doesn't bother me too much - yet. Finally I reach a plateau - small, but just enough to alleviate the stress on my joints from the continuous incline. To my astonishment, I see a cave on the other side of the plateau. Not just that, but a light comes from within. That's not normal. That being said, I am reminded of the Veins of the Gods back in Helovia. The glowing mushrooms there....

Stay up here Damaris. I'm going to investigate. I don't even glance over my shoulder, sensing more than seeing that she is close behind me. She lies down at the edge of the cave while I descend within. I hear humming, a tune that seems to match the flickering lights dancing on the walls. A voice, speaking to Vespera, the goddess of Dusk. I'd be lying to say I don't recognize it, even if I can't understand all the words. As I turn a corner and find the female who stole my heart lying on the cave floor, her humming resumes. Leaves burn before her, illuminating the cave walls, her pale body.

I can't disguise my approach, for stone is forever unforgiving to the clop of hooves. But until I am close, I let that be the only sound that joins her song. Finally I halt, just a few yards behind her. My voice is soft, husky as I murmur. "It's been too long, Weir. Your melody soothes my loneliness." I sound much more like a gentleman than I really am, but she tends to bring that out in me. Revealing my softer side seems to be one of her specialties.

WC: 421
Tag: @Weir

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Weir

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

Weir contemplates her position and hopes the time she spends here in this sacred place will help to enlighten her thoughts and perhaps an idea might surface from the electrical storms in her brain. Her heart feels calm and peaceful as if a presence is there but can’t or will not speak to her. Weir feels that the goddess if there for a time. The clopping of hooves on the ground was the first indication a stranger approaching her. She has heard steps on the stones coming up the mountain but that did mean she was discovered. She wanted her solitude here. Weir stood up with irritation and defiance in her eyes until the voice of her love spoke to her. He grizzly voice so deep in baritone but ever so gentle when he speaks to her. She melted in that moment as she turned to face him. She looked him over at first making sure he is real with all his scars and the spiraling black horns. Weir moved towards him and reached out her nose towards his chin and all the loose hair that grows there. She loves the smell and the feel of his beard as much as she enjoys watching it move with his words.

Weir’s heart felt like it was drifting around her chest and a renewed sense of vitality and strength encompassed her world. She breathed out across his nose and looked over every feature of his face. She smiled in a way that only the sunset can. It was a smile like how she felt, the feeling so celestial and otherworldly that the stars appearing from a purple and pink sunset can make you feel.

My dear, how I have missed you! Where have you been all this time? I looked for you and could not find you anywhere.

@Rostislav

coding: © x

Rostislav

She moves toward me slowly, as if I'm an illusion of her mind. I don't say anything else as she nears me, just watching her with a warmness that cannot be seen in my silvery eyes. She's as soft as cotton, line warm, freshly laundered sheets that you sink down into. My heart beats hard in my chest, and for a moment my mind goes blank -- seeing without any conscious thought. Her delicate pink nose reaches out toward me and it's a struggle to keep breathing properly. Her muzzle brushes against the hairs on my throat and chin - the scraggly beard that is as peppered as my mane.

The energy that fills me can't possibly come from me. It has to be from Weir. As if light is somehow emanating from within her, bursting from her pores with unstoppable force. Of course that is just a feeling, an aura, rather than any visible effect. Her voice is soft and lilting, soothing to the raw energy that shook me. She missed me, as clearly as I have missed her. A calm settles inside me, despite the news that I have to bring her.

"I am sorry for my absence. I was... taken by force, Damaris too, by the Solterrans. Orders of Maxence, though where he's gone off to now I have no idea." I snort with derision, but the rage that has dogged my steps since my capture and eventual release is dormant, subdued by the joy and tranquility that Weir brings me. I reach forward with my muzzle to brush against her cheek, feeling her skin against my scars and hairy hide. Her warmth meets mine, the union of two souls. "Oh I've missed you, love." My eyes close as I go silent, savoring the moment and the feel of her.

Tag: @Weir
Sorry for vanishing! Again! I'm trying
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x