Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a dangerous visit

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

Relations between Night and Day had been.. tense, to say the least. Araxes knew they were, and yet, here she was wandering deep in to Solterra, her wings fanned out behind her head in an effort to keep herself cool with the breezes that felt more like blows from a furnace. Solterra in the middle of the summer wasn't the.. best of ideas, but she was curious, she wanted to go. It was likely she'd hear it from Reichenbach when she got back, but she was a driven young thing, wanting to explore the lands and ind the plants that lay hidden in the jewel of the deserts.

It felt like hours until she reached the oasis, her spotted frame shuddering, patches of sweat formed under her legs and against her chest and sides. Her mane felt heavier than usual, as did her tail, and her head dropped before.. she saw it. The glint and scent of water was unmistakable, and even in her.. odd state, she found her head lifting and her breath coming out in staggering puffs. She had run out of water earlier, with the flasks kept in her bag.

Carefully, she removed it, stepping forward and splashing in to the water, trembling as the cool liquid seeped in to her fur and against her delicate skin. Araxes pushed her head under the water even, taking in a mouthful at the same time as she lifted it, and shook herself. Walking seemed a bit tiresome lately, but not that long ago, she could have walked for long stretches and been fine. Now it was like she was gaining weight and getting tired more easily.

But she had made it.

Laughing breathlessly, she leaned her head back and basked in the sun now that she was wet, enjoying the sensation of beads of water rolling over her body as she cooled off. Refilling her flasks was a priority here, but so was gently picking herbs and, well. Finding Torstein of course. She had come for two reasons; the herbs here at the oasis were rare, and plucking a few would provide her with the seeds necessary for growing them back home, and seeing Torstein was... a bonus.

The stallion hadn't been seen in a while, and there was a pull in her chest that always seemed to tug her toward the large male. If she was lucky, it would be Tor she would run in to, and not someone else in Solterra.

@Torstein || she's here to see the pretty water i swear

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

T O R S T E I N

The long walks through the desert seem to get more and more tolerable, depending on how he looked at it.. no longer was he sweating like a pig stuck in a slaughter pen. His hair was still slick to the crest of his neck, but that was besides the point. The large stallion was certain he had already sweated out most of the water in his body, anyway...

Across the Mors he trekked, large hooves working to his advantage across the loose sand.. and this time around, the trip seemed substantially shorter than the last time he visited the Oasis. But maybe that was because this time around, he did much less aimless wandering..

And upon the Oasis he eventually stumbled, crossing around the back just as he had done before, circling up alongside the date palms that lined the little virtue of the desert and shielded it from the rest of the desert. Large hooves found place upon the trunk of the tall trees, cream neck outstretching to the lowest lying branch... even those were filled to the brim with dates, which Tor had come to crave like an addict.

Yellowed teeth clasped firmly around one of the lower-lying branches, and with a swift movement, his head jerked roughly downwards. In a frightening crack, he ripped the thick branch right off of the tree itself. A date or two flung itself off of the branches with his aggressive actions, one clunking him in the head. Such an annoyance illicited a heaving sigh from the large beast, eyes half-lidded - perfectly conveying his annoyance. Still worth it.

With it lodged firmly between his teeth, he slowly rounded the edge of the oasis and found a break in the trees. He parted through the bushes, setting the branch down briefly against the trunk of another date palm as he picked one or two succulent fruits off the branches.. truly one of the best foods for the desert.

And it was around that time, that the little spotted bird rushed into the Oasis from the Mors... wholly concentrated on the water itself and seemingly nothing more. His head had jerked towards the noise at her arrival, and a curious ear tilted forward as he watched her dunk herself fully underwater and begin sucking up the liquid like she'd been thirsting for weeks.

Leaning back down to pick up the branch between his teeth again, he meandered over to the water's edge while she was still dunked underneath. As soon as she crested up from beneath the surface, he would clear his throat abruptly. He laid the branch down on the ground right at the edge of the water... "I'm going to assume if you're that thirsty, you're probably hungry too."

chest cavity: closed // words: 457 // headshot

love, space

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

The hot and dry air was suddenly not so harsh, less sandy and coarse under her fur and against the sensitive pinks of her nods and eyes. Araxes shook herself from head to toe, sending water splashing in droplets as she leaned her head back and spread those small wings of hers, ruffling out feathers to dry in the air. It felt much better now, and even so, she dipped her head, peeking an eye open.

She'd rushed so quickly to quench her thirst, she hadn't even thought of looking to see the plantlife that bloomed around her. A wonderful eruption of green lay here in these lands, a jewel that held many herbs that she could take back and plant on her own. To grow and study and use them.

Her thoughts were suddenly broken by the sound of a clearing throat, and her head turned, eyes blinking away water as her wings came up to shield her sight from the sun, and her lips curling up in to a small smile. "Tor..." The name was a wash from her lips as she waded through the water, bringing small waves with her to the shore. At the same time, she dropped her flasks to the water, allowing them to fill as her head lifted, nose touching his nape where she could reach.

"I ran out of water on the way here, I suppose I didn't plan on this place being so hidden," she uttered, and she could feel the soft curl of hunger pangs. She cast a glance down, and leaned herself to pluck up a fruit, easily biting in to it and feeling the sweetness erupt over her tongue, causing her wings to flap and her eyes to close as she made the happiest sound, almost a squeal.

@Torstein || <3

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

T O R S T E I N

The giant watched the tiny little earwinged mare wade over to him, and he met her touch with a soft one of his own. He chuckled, and gently draped his neck over her own as she finished gulping down the water and then began munching on the Oasis' fruits. "You shouldn't make such a long trek alone," the Warden mused, peering at her. "What if something were to happen?"

chest cavity: closed // words: 457 // headshot

love, space

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

"Well. Nothing did happen, thankfully. Next time though...well. I'll find someone to come with me? Or a guide." Ara smiled, tipping her head a little and letting her nape rest under his larger one. She was more than happy to simply babble, too. The rest of the day would be spent with Tor, talking about the fruits and herbs, and in general other things.

AAAND SOON TO BE CLOSED YAY