[ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg
[P] frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Printable Version

+- [ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg (https://novus-rpg.net)
+-- Forum: Realms (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Delumine (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Thread: [P] frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] (/showthread.php?tid=3226)

Pages: 1 2

frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Somnus - 02-25-2019

With the posted decree written by Ipomoea, Somnus had no doubt that the Court would have their plethora of questions. He would be foolish to think otherwise, and he had every intention on answering anything that they tossed his way… But the Dawn King had his own list of concerns that needed to be brought to the attention of his Regime and his Warden, for reasons that were far closer to home. The encounter with Sloane in the library was disconcerting, and then the murders within Viride… His gut churned, and Somnus knew that if he were able to, he would be sick.

Still, he masked his uneasiness and nodded his head gratefully at the assistants that had helped put together a small little brunch. It was nothing fancy; some pastries and biscuits, tea, and coffee. Already his eyes sought out the kettle of coffee, the small pot of cream, and the cubes of sugar resting upon the table. Goodness, but he would need so much caffeine to get through the remainder of the day… Or, perhaps, even the season.

As the assistants were leaving, Somnus beckoned one to stay for a moment. “Please seek out Ipomoea, Pavetta, and Ulric. Tell them to come here as quickly as possible if they can spare the time.” The assistant nodded his head and left the room, off to search for the Regent, Emissary, and Warden. Silence wrapped around the room, seeming to drown the dunalino in its unending depth, but he did not speak to attempt to dispel it. Instead he remained still, letting his eyes fall closed, trying to wrap his head around what the world has become.

Discourse in the east and south, tragedy within their very own borders… What were they to do? What route should they take? It was hard to say, and nearly impossible. Regardless, all Somnus could do was take what they had been given and do what he could to keep their homeland safe.

Inevitably, they arrived. Verdant eyes glanced up to the door as they filtered into the small impromptu meeting room, and he smiled. His gaze roamed across each of them, searching for injury or weariness, and while he could spot the effects of the recent developments on each of them in different ways, they did not appear to be harmed. Thank Oriens.

“Come in, please. Po, Pavetta, Ulric… I think it is far overdue for us to have a little chat.” With a tired smile he motioned down to the meager spread of snacks and drinks. “It isn’t much, but I thought we could have something to eat and drink while we talked. I know that we have had a lot going on since the other evening, but I hope that I did not summon you all at a bad time.”

tag: @Ulric, @Ipomoea, @Pavetta

Council meeting! <3

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Ulric - 03-03-2019

There's no looking up for heaven
Being sought out that morning was not something the Warden had expected, but he heeded the words of the assistant who had found him and made for the appointed area after a grateful word of thanks, his legs carrying him hastily over the cobbled walkway that twisted through the prestigious citadel.

When he arrived, Ulric surveyed the room to find that only Somnus stood within, along with a spread that, while rather simple, was impressive and unexpected to him. Just as he drew a breath to speak, Pavetta and Ipomoea filed in behind him, and the worry that had lined his gut suddenly pooled, concern increasing tenfold as he studied his gilded friend more critically. Despite the hour, Somnus looked positively haggard behind his smile, and from the crease of the sovereign’s brow burst forth a thousand questions from Ulric.

“… Morning,” he decided to greet them all as he moved further into the room, looking briefly to the fresh brunch and plucking a biscuit from the top of the pile. Not one for coffee, the Warden opted for a steaming mug of tea to warm his belly on this chilly morning. In spite of the lax atmosphere, the roan stood attentively as his molten gaze came to rest back on Somnus’ form, and he shook his head. “No,” he reassured, “You know it’s never a bad time for us. What’s on your mind this morning?”

He had a good idea as to what it could be - but why meet immediately after the decree had been publicly posted?

"Speaking."
credits

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Pavetta - 03-04-2019

She is ushered along by Alba, who pecks at her hair rather sternly as if she is moving too slowly. “I’m going, I’m going…” she murmurs, still half-asleep. She had been sleeping in her quarters when Alba had swooped in—indications of a summoning. 

She sees Ulric ahead in the corridor and breaks in a trot to join him as he walks through the door to Somnus’s private chambers. Somnus welcomes them in cheerfully in enough, but his face is solemn and his eyes are tired. The last few days in Delumine have been something out of a dark fairytale and it seems to be taking its toll on the company present.

She settles beside Ipomoea and Ulric. Mimosa for me, she thinks groggily, glancing over the prettily arranged variety of snacks, but not finding what she is looking for. Alas, no mimosa. This must be a serious meeting indeed. She considers tea for a brief moment, then decides against it. Alas.

He apologizes if he had interrupted them, but she can sense his anxiousness to get the meeting going.

Not at all, Somnus. We are here for you, for anything you need.”

And  again, she mournfully wishes there were mimosas present--Somnus looks like he sorely needs a drink…or five.

a pearl in pigshit, a diamond on the finger of a rotting corpse,
creature in whom nothing, but nothing, remains of an elven woman ---

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Ipomoea - 03-05-2019

rose-colored boy

He had stayed in his room after posting the royal decree, unwilling to face the day just yet. Outside the sun was shining brightly, a tempting breeze wandering in through his open window - but he stubbornly ignored it.

A collection of blossoming plants grew across the Regent’s window sill, and it was to them that he turned his attention. He tended to each one with painstaking care, like a mother cares for her children. As he moved along from flower pot to flower pot, he reached for each plant not only with his telekinesis, but also with his mind.

And every time he made contact with the plants’ subconscious soul, it was both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time, new and exciting and comforting.

But his ministration was interrupted by the door to his chamber opening. After hearing the servant’s request, Ipomoea stood with a sigh. “Come, Odet,” he called, and his bonded flew to him without hesitation. With the stellar jay swooping lazily through the air, Ipomoea turned back to the page.  “Lead the way.”

He caught up to Pavetta and Ulric in the hall, following them into the King’s chambers. As greetings were exchanged, and Ulric and Pavetta reassured the dunalino stallion, Ipomoea and his bonded helped themselves to some of the sweetened pastries that had been set out.

He had a sweet tooth, after all, and Odet was hungry, too.

“It’s always a pleasure, Somnus,” he added his assurances to the others’, taking his place between them. “and never a bad time.”

hearts are breaking
wars are raging on
you’ve got me nervous
i’m at the end of my rope
hey, man, we can’t all be like you

i wish we were all rose-colored too
my rose-colored boy

@Somnus @Ulric @pavetta ! notes
”here am i!“

empluvie art

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Somnus - 03-11-2019

One by one they arrived. Ulric was the first, stepping in with a keen eye, and Somnus did not miss the way that he surveyed the room just as critically with a single glance. The Dawn King couldn’t help but smile. The Warden was even more determined to keep an eye on things after the bodies of Moore and Casper were found within the woods, and he worried for the blue roan’s future sleep schedule.

Pavetta followed, and he dipped his head towards the striped female. He recalled their initial meeting within the creek and took a moment to wonder at just how far their relationship had come since then. It was easy to remember just how hostile she had once been, the distrust palpable in the air between them, but now? Well, Somnus respected the Emissary of Delumine a great deal, and her determined presence was a soothing balm amidst all of the chaos and tragedy that surrounded them.

Lastly came Ipomoea, and Somnus’ expression softened. Where Ulric was their sword and shield and Pavetta was their voice, Ipomoea was their light. Bright, charismatic, charming, Ipomoea was a beautiful soul that wanted only the best for their court. The dunalino had not lied when he started calling Po his ‘little brother’.

The Dawn Court had become something far more than just a court. These individuals were his family. Somnus loved and cherished each and every one of them, and as they all gathered and situated themselves around the small table table of meager snacks, he tried to imagine a life without them. He couldn’t. They were family. Everyone within Delumine was precious and loved.

Nodding his head as everyone got comfortable, Somnus eventually did the same. Waiting for the last of them to get comfortable and partake in the snacks or the drinks, the Dawn King lowered himself to the ground with a deep breath and reached out for a sip of coffee. The earthy flavor was familiar on his tongue, and he wondered for just a moment how many cups he’d had that day before clearing his throat to speak.

“I won’t keep you all for too long, but I do have some concerns that I need addressed. I would like to hear your opinions on them.” A pass of verdant eyes upon coats of striped, roan, and spotted. He met each of their eyes, letting the severity of the situation show upon his face. Somnus felt tired. He detested the mistrust in his heart, but he could no longer keep it contained. Not with the influx of mystery and unrest that seemed to enshroud not only Delumine, but all of Novus as well.

“My first concern; Sloane. She came to me in the library, searching for prominent ancestral family trees within Delumine. From what I could gather she was searching for information on any ’bastard children’ that may be lurking.” It wasn’t uncommon to want to know the history of the land you decided to live in. Somnus couldn’t fault her for that, not when he had done the very same as he had settled within the Dawn Court and found his own roots. “To put it bluntly? I do not trust her. While I do not believe she had any assistance in the killings of Moore and Casper, her reactions within Viride do cause me concern. She sees this all as a game, and her lack of empathy is disconcerting. Throughout my interactions with her, she has always been rather lucrative and vague in her mannerisms, and during the fires she would rather hide in the shadows.”

The Dawn King paused only long enough to clear his throat and sit a little straighter, letting his gaze roam over the features of Ulric, Ipomoea, and Pavetta. Perhaps his words might come as a bit of surprise, perhaps they wouldn’t. Perhaps they would think that his paranoia was getting the best of him, but almost as quickly as that thought came to his mind did he dismiss it. They knew that Somnus would not bring this up unless he felt that it was imperative that they all be aware. ” I have already assigned an individual to keep an eye on her. To my knowledge, they are doing just that. Perhaps this is simply stress getting to me… But with the travesties to the south and in the east, I do not trust her to not take our information and sell it to the highest bidder.”

They had nothing to hide. Delumine had always been a province up front in information, never hiding within the shadows like shadows or performing dark deeds, but it was not that which concerned him.

“I suppose I would just like to hear what you all think. If either of you have noticed such occurrences or moments of disquiet.” Then, Somnus quirked a tired little grin. “Or perhaps help me put my worries at ease. I simply want to keep our court safe.”

tag: @Ulric, @Ipomoea, @Pavetta

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Ulric - 03-18-2019

It became clear that this meeting was meant to be lax, but years of unforeseen circumstances demanded he stand near the door at attention just in case. But, to do so would be awkward, and although Ulric didn’t particularly care if he were ‘ that guy’, he didn’t really want to be ‘that guy’ at this particular moment.

So, abandoning his caution with a cursory glance back toward the entrance, the Warden grew as comfortable as possible amongst the members of the Regime, wings drooping slightly and brushing across the floor. Here amongst those he trusted most, he knew he should be able to relax and shove any and all self-conscious thoughts aside, but it was difficult. Tiresome.

It wasn’t long before they had all settled, and from there Ulric focused all his attention on Somnus as he began to speak. First there was talk of Sloane, and the mere mention of her caused the roan’s lips to draw back, pulled taut as he recalled his own experiences with her. Granted, Ulric had not gone out of his way to try and get to know the woman on a more personal level, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to after the few encounters he did have with her. There seemed to be even more to the ever-present mare, however, judging by the following words Somnus spoke.

“Bastard children?” He repeated, brows furrowing deep over eyes alight with concern. “Why that, specifically, do you know? You’re better read than me. As far as I know, we don’t have any buried information worth selling. But I wouldn’t blame your stress – she lacks respect and seems to enjoy whenever we’re struck with chaos. I do think it’s wise to keep a close eye on her until we can figure out what she’s up to, though I’m not sure how to go about doing that. Considering everything that is happening, I would hate for her to take advantage of the situation and we not be prepared.” Then, another question and a curious quirk of a brow. “May I ask who you’ve assigned to watch her?”

"Speaking."

@Somnus @Pavetta @Ipomoea
credits

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Pavetta - 03-18-2019

Sloane. Somnus speaks of her behavior while living in Delumine and his concerns for the safety of the Dawn Court. She listens to the conerns quietly. Pavetta wishes she could say she was surprised but that's not the case. She has had her own experience with Sloane--one that made the difference between life and death. She recalls the flames, the stench of her own skin burning...her silver hair turning black with soot; ash coating her throat and embers stinging her eyes...

"During the fires she saved my life." Pavetta blinks, as if the embers are still there, burning and blistering her skin. "But I thought she was going to leave me there to die. I don't know why she helped me but I think it was not out of kindness."

It had been a bizarre encounter, one that Pavetta is grateful for, and yet...she can't help but feel like the situation could have easily gone the other way and she might not have survived if Sloane had been in a less than helpful mood.

"I agree she is not a typical Delumine citizen and acknowledge these shared concerns but I would advise caution. I think it would be terribly easy to push her away and it would be a shame to create a monster where there may be none; only someone who has found it difficult to find her place in Delumine."

Pavetta can't help but relate...she has struggled for a long time to find meaning and purpose...life had had only begun to make sense in Delumine. But there is still something restless stirring in her heart...

"It is good to be prepared...but I think it would be unwise to make her feel attacked or anything less than a citizen of Delumine." She has said her part on the matter of Sloane...but there is something else on her mind, something much heavier.

"This is unrelated but while we are all gathered...I suppose it's a good time as any." She pauses, feeling sheepish and tired and sad all at once as she meets the gaze of Po, Ulric, and Somnus. "I have decided to step down from my position as Emissary. I know the timing isn't ideal..." She thinks of the unrest in Solterra and the monster prowling in Delumine. "But there are several very capable candidates who might desire more responsibility." She thinks of Messalina and Eulalie in particular. "As for me, I think my path lies elsewhere..." Where though? "Thank you for believing in me, Somnus. Thank you all for allowing me to serve Delumine."

a pearl in pigshit, a diamond on the finger of a rotting corpse,
creature in whom nothing, but nothing, remains of an elven woman ---

@Somnus @Ulric @Ipomoea

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Ipomoea - 03-20-2019

rose-colored boy

There was sunlight, streaming in through the open windows, a hint of summer still carried teasingly on the wind. Ipomoea could hear bird song drifting in from outside, a hundred gentle melodies that sung sweetly in his ear, calling him to enjoy the bit of warm air lingering outside.

But when he stepped to the window, the wind turned cold, and biting: it nipped at his cheeks, a small sting that seemed the barest of hints of what was to come.

He turned away, striding forward to join the rest of the Regime.

Sloane. He had seen her around, had talked to her on a few occasions - he still remembered the way she had stood so precariously upon the edge of a cliff, taunting fate. He had sensed some great turmoil hiding beneath the surface, but danger?

Nonetheless, Somnus’ and Ulric’s accounts did not surprise him. There was an unpredictable air about the black mare, as if she was capable of anything, as if she could change her mind in a moment.

But without proof, what could they do? What should they do, especially if she were determined to be innocent?

He was about to add his voice to Pavetta’s, when her tone shifts, and she pauses. Ipomoea turns his cerise eyes to her own, and something he sees in them reminds him of the cold wind of fall drifting through the window.

”I have decided to step down from my position as Emissary. I know the timing isn’t ideal…”

For a moment, he isn’t sure he’s heard her correctly:

“Pavetta?” his voice sounds too-quiet in his own ears, almost a whisper. A thousand questions are racing through his mind, but he utters none of them. ’Not now,’ he wants to say, ’we need you here,’ and ’no one seems more capable than you.’ He hadn’t gotten to know the striped mare nearly as much as he wanted to, he hadn’t had the time-

“Are you sure about this?” he asks instead, and his voice is stronger now, sad though it is.

Because even though he wasn’t particularly close to Pavetta, he did know one thing about her - once her mind was made up, there was little changing it.

All the talk of Sloane is forgotten now, and Ipomoea takes a couple of small, hesitant steps forward. His throat feels suddenly tight, and he settles for nuzzling her shoulder reassuringly for a moment.

”It’s been a pleasure serving alongside you. Please, don’t be a stranger,” he says at last.

hearts are breaking
wars are raging on
you’ve got me nervous
i’m at the end of my rope
hey, man, we can’t all be like you

i wish we were all rose-colored too
my rose-colored boy

@Somnus @Ulric @pavetta ! notes
”here am i!“

empluvie art

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Somnus - 04-01-2019

It’s a heavy conversation, Somnus knows, but it was never meant to be anything but. With the profound troubles boiling across the world, they had to talk about this. It had been far too long since they, the Regime, had gathered and discussed the happenings across Delumine and the far reaches of Novus. Perhaps they should make it a more regular thing…

Turning his head, Somnus quietly regarded Ulric as the blue roan offered his insight and concerns. The Warden was right. Delumine truly had no hidden ‘demons’, but it was hard to say just what kind of information Sloane was searching for, if anything detrimental at all. Maybe it was the lingering stress of it all thrusting paranoid little thoughts into Somnus’ head. He hoped not. The last thing he wanted was to start accusing the members of his own court of mutiny.

Shoulders slumping, the Dawn King chewed thoughtfully on his lip before taking a sip of his coffee. Letting the cup down to rest once more, he cleared his throat. “Toulouse.” The answer was simple. Both of the twins were good at what they did, and Toulouse had come home quickly when he had sent a beckoning letter to steal him from his assignment in Denocte. Hopefully soon, Tuolouse would send a report from the happenings in Solterra.

Before they could really elaborate on that, Somnus’ gaze was beckoned from Ulric to Pavetta. The words she said were wise and smart; indeed, it would be a bad idea and poor taste to make Sloane feel victimized, but her behavior did warrant concern. One did not survive by being ignorant, and Somnus could not simply exist in such a state. It wasn’t in his nature. Quickly enough, however, Pavetta was continuing on, an uncharacteristic hesitance in her ruby eyes, and her following words felt like a sudden punch to his chest.

Somnus’ breath hitched, his eyes widening minutely. Pavetta was… Stepping down? A sense of alarm blared loudly within his head, but the dunalino did not move. His gaze was rooted upon her own face, searching it for anything amiss. This was so sudden. He hadn’t even heard talk of their Emissary wanting to step down… And yet, even though it left him feeling sick and reeling with shock and uncertainty, Somus would never force her to stay. If the position of Emissary was not within Pavetta’s heart, then he would not wish her tortue to live in a position where she wasn’t happy.

“... Of course, Pavetta. If you ever need anything, please. Do let us know. Your counsel is always appreciated.” With a smile, even though it was quite obviously strained, Somnus allowed Pavetta to see herself out. The echoing of the door closing behind her was palpable, seeming to resonate among the very air around them, and suddenly, Somnus eyed the snacks and beverages he had requested with distaste. His appetite was gone.

Letting out a long, heavy breath, not bothering to hide it from Ulric or Ipomoea, the dunalino shifted a little and leaned back, his expression warped and troubled. “Well… That was rather unexpected, but I’m afraid that we cannot stop now. Have either of you heard from the other Courts? The travesties plaguing the land of Novus seem far more vast now than even when it descended into madness… Is there anything that either of you know that should be discussed?” Anything, no matter how small, might be of grave importance in such trying times.

A humorless chuckle left the stallion’s dark lips. ”... And, I suppose we should also entertain the idea of who might step up as Emissary.” Another task among an endless list.

tag: @Ulric, @Ipomoea

So, since Pavetta has been put into Inactive, I just took liberty and said she left the meeting. If anyone has an issue with that I’m more than okay to change it. :D

RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - Ulric - 04-22-2019

The mood of their conversation shifted suddenly, from talk of dealing with a suspicious individual to the abrupt loss of their beloved Emissary. Ulric cast his bewildered gaze to Pavetta as she revealed her decision to them all, looking on with forlorn. The room grew eerily quiet for what felt like too long, but could have only been a couple seconds before Ipomoea spoke, his voice a whisper carried away on a non-existent breeze. Looking between Sovereign and Regent, then back to Pavetta, Ulric found himself at a loss.

“Your absence will be felt,” his gently spoken words eventually spilled out, genuine and honest. While he didn’t know Pavetta very intimately like others might, he had always enjoyed her presence and appreciated her insight, and not having here around for things like this anymore… well, it wouldn’t be easy. He only prayed that everything was alright with her. “But, like Po said – don’t be a stranger. And we’re always here, if you ever need anything.”

When the lady of fine silver stood and took her leave, the Warden looked back to those remaining, his hunger suddenly forgotten. Luckily, Somnus wouldn’t allow for the silence to stretch further than it already had, and he breathed a little easier once his friend had spoken up. “I, ah… no, Somnus, I haven’t.” His answer was accompanied by a shake of his head and a furrow of his brow. “My priorities have lain in maintaining the borders, but I haven’t come across anyone in quite a while, even before their closure.” Ulric never made it a point to go shoving his nose into the business of others, particularly when rumors were abound, and so anything he did end up hearing would have to be taken with a grain of salt. “Do you think we should send a small group to check out what’s going on, or should we try and stay out of it entirely?”

On the subject of choosing a new Emissary to assume Pavetta’s duties, the Warden grew silent as he mulled it all over. Every face of Delumine flashed across his vision, lingering on some longer than others as he considered them all. “There’s a handful of individuals I’m sure would excel, but… The two that stand out the most to me are Eulalie and Mateo. Eulalie’s resourceful, and she’s always been there, ready to help, even if she isn’t sure how. I don’t know Mateo nearly as well, but he seems the sociable type and your son speaks highly of him. On top of that, I see him slinking off to the library more often than anyone else, so he must be well-read.”

"Speaking."

@Somnus @Ipomoea

@Somnus @Pavetta @Ipomoea
credits