[ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg
[P] What Fun Can We Find? - Printable Version

+- [ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg (https://novus-rpg.net)
+-- Forum: Realms (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ruris (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=96)
+---- Thread: [P] What Fun Can We Find? (/showthread.php?tid=3728)

Pages: 1 2 3

What Fun Can We Find? - Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019

A snort escaped the maw of the snarky stallion as he paused in the mouth of what seemed to be a cave system. He was still exploring the world that he had found himself in and it was amusing him to see the beings that called this land home. Those beings were hilarious in his eyes, most seeming fascinated by the idea of Gods and Goddesses. That was a world that he had never been too interested in, feeling that he was fabulous enough for anyone that desired to look his way. Shaking his head at the absurd idea of deities, he pushed to venture into the cave and explore.

The caves seemed quiet, not much in the way of activity to be heard as he flicked his ears and allowed his cyan eyes to travel over the rocks around him. He missed one as he was moving, causing him to stumble and draw to a stop in the middle of a tunnel section. Frowning down at his right fore hoof, he wondered if the perfection of his vibrant green hooves was marred by the rock. Dropping his muzzle, he felt along the edge of his hoof carefully. A surge of relief enveloped him as he felt no damage.

Shaking his head, Coy melted deeper into the cave, eyes seeking any beings or even distinguishing features that would tell him where in the world he had ventured to. He paused in the entrance to a cave and listened to the silence around him as it was sporadically broken by echoes and sounds that he couldnt pinpoint. Settling into the darkness, he decided to close his eyes and catch a quick nap. Being fabulous was so much work!

@Callynite

RE: What Fun Can We Find? - Callynite - 06-17-2019

The young mare was on a mission, a self prescribed mission; but a mission non-the-less. Cally had only been in this odd world (and in the odd form) for a month, at most; and with so much new everywhere she looked, the little dare-deer was eager to see and discover it all. That it have her extremely active excercises to get used to the new body was also a huge nod in the favor of exploring. Too much new, it wasn't comfortable for the deer, er horse; to be so unfamiliar with the world around her. Her father taught her the forest, her mother taught her to command it, and the ex-druid was determined to learn everything this land held as well.

It had led her (with emmence amounts of caution) to search out the caves and underground tunnel system of the Abigo Caves. Her trek forward to those caves weren't a dull travel, the young doe quickly making sure her green traveling cloak was secured around her (caves could be chilly) and her little satchel of a bag was prepped for any useful gatherings she might find along the way for supplies. She really needed to work at collecting the supplies for adventuring. . . . Did this land even have some sort of rope manufacturers? Weapons? Well, she was certain they had that, and she made a note to check later if anyone knew where she could find a bow and quiver of arrows, not to mention a digging and cutting knife for any herbs and treats she found along the way.

As it was, upon reaching the cave, she had only managed to gather a few apples and little else. The apples themselves weren't ripe, small babies of the fruit tree she'd found, but they were better than travelling and starving from lack of food. She ventured into the cave, instantly pondering on a way to get some light around her. Nothing was immediately available. But she hoped that with enough travel further in, she'd find dark enough caverns to find some glow worms or the likes. Something that she could use as a light. For now, she would have to trust her instincts, instincts that were years in the development.

Her journey through the caverns and winding tunnels was a long one, and a fairly relaxed one at that. No unsavory types. No monsters. No madness. Just quite exploring. . . It was kinda boring in her eyes, not that the doe was going to admit to that. Adventures needed a rush of excitement, the adrenaline pounding through your veins, a thrill of living on the edge! A loud rumbling roar ahead of her sudden sparked that very reaction she was craving, the sound sudden and building.

Cally froze, before trying to peer through the shadows to see what it was. A flash of white teeth, sharp and deadly; and the reflective sheen of predator eyes had the doe wheeling around and dropping into a dead sprint. The thing behind her taking place. Immediately her mind jumped to a different creature, with an emancipated form and desire to steal and eat magic. Now deep down she knew it wasnt the Disirax come to haunt her. It was focused on The Thicket, and she was so far from home, she would have to dimension jump to get home. But when in a moment of fear, fear names the monster.

Running blindly in fright, the tiny doe was unaware of the other in the caves. So scared, she never picked up the slight green or white tinges ahead of her. So content to outrun danger, and trying to listen to see if it had finally stopped chasing (it had) she didnt notice the body in her path. A solid thud had the tiny foal-sized doe running directly into the side and shoulder of the individual, a startled cry leaving her muzzle before she jerked back, shaking her head as she fell back onto her haunches, birds swimming around her head as she tried to clear her head. It was only then that she realized her purser was gone, and she'd solidly ran into someone. "Are you alright?! I am so, so, sorry! I didn't hurt you did I?" The doe spoke quickly in concern and expecting the worse. She had the worst luck with her horn, and she was terrifying to find out if she'd finally managed to impale someone with it . . . After all died gotten it stuck just about everywhere else at this point. She waited almost anxiously for the strangers answer, waiting to find out just how badly she'd messed up.

RE: What Fun Can We Find? - Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019

The sassy stallion was startled from his nap by a noise, followed by the clatter of hooves on rock. "What in the world?!" He exclaimed as he spun to try to figure out where the noise was coming from. His perfect ebony ears flicked every which way, trying to locate any noise that would give him a definite answer. Turning slowly, he used all of the senses that would help to try to locate anything in the near perfect darkness that matched his glorious coat.

Before he could locate it, a sharp pain lanced through his rump and made him jump forward and spin, ready to defend himself. "Are you alright?! I am so, so, sorry! I didn't hurt you did I?" Coy peered into the gloom, trying to understand what in the world had hit him and was now apologizing. Must be some crazy imbecile! Running in the darkness with something sharp enough to pierce his perfect hide. Huffing, he stepped forward and could barely make out her shape in the night like cave.

"You put a hole in my perfection... I cant really see how much damage was done in here though." He grumbled, moving past the tiny figure until he found a place where he could actually see himself. Contorting himself into quite the pretzel, he took the time to figure out what damage had been done. The slice through his rump was small and clean, hopefully not enough damage to scar his perfect flesh. A small dribble of blood had dried on the ebony coat, barely visible if not for the tint that it gave.

"Seriously?! You actually pierced me?! My perfect coat is ruined!!" He wailed as he turned to where he had left the figure in the darkness. Coyote's emotions were a complete jumble as he tried to figure out how to save the perfection of himself and control the rage that had him wanting to destroy the figure.

"Just who in the world are you anyway? Just so that I know who to send the bill to..." He asked, grumbling about not bringing any medical supplies as he waited for an answer. Coyote was being a giant baby about the whole incident, wanting justice for his broken perfection and the fact that he was going to have to figure out a way to hide the hole from the rest of the world.

@Callynite - XD here is the baby we both know and love

"Speach"

Note for self:
Code:
<font style="color: #00aa00;"><b>"--"</b></font>

This was not how Cally was expecting the chase from a predator to end. Usually, in those scenarios, you either escape, or you’re the one who is pierced (by teeth) and injured. Of course, Cally never did things as would be typical. Since the day that horn of hers had manifested, it’d been one mess up after another. Today, however, would be an all-time low. Up until this point she had avoided (through a few near messes) ever actually hurting someone. Today she’d ran straight into an individual who seemed to be at one with the dark. The little deer hybrid had collided right into someone before stumbling back and falling to her rump, shaking her head and apologizing quickly to whomever it might be. Her nose wrinkled daintly, trying to peer through the darkness.

She did see a flash of someone stepping forward, and the very small pony mix jerked back in alarm, even as he moved past her, declaring that a hole had been placed in his perfection, and needing to see the damage somewhere better. Cally’s eyes widened in horror. Hole? Like. Her eyes criss-crossed as she tried to peer up at the offending appendage attach to her forehead, and for once she was grateful to be on the otherside of the portal – away from The Thicket . . . Frost would NEVER let her live this down if she was anywhere close enough to discover what she’d done.

Climbing quickly to her hooves, the 10 hand tall half deer half pony followed after the other creature, pausing just long enough to rub her horn and forehead against her leg as if to aid in removing blood (or more honestly) rubbing at a dull headache. She had just ran into (head first) a very solid wall of horse. Still she followed the individual to light, staying back and at a distance, still mostly hidden in shadow herself. She could see a small slice and winced, but she wasn’t expecting the wail from the stallion.

As soon as he’d begun she’d cringed back against the wall of the cave, making a face, far more visible in the light, but her brindling color easily helping her blend into the earthen wall of hard rock. “Ruined?! Hardly! It’s just a small scratch! It’ll heal! Besides, I already said I was sorry! Perhaps you should do better than just hiding in the dark. I was RUNNING from something. With SHARP HUNGRY TEETH. So I’m sorry I was more focused on not becoming LUNCH and lacked any sort of magical ability to know that a buck with a vanity streak the size of a prime doe was anywhere nearby!” She snapped back, both sets of ears pinning in irritation.
When he demanded to know who she was, Cally was more than a little irritated, especially in terms of being given a bill.

She stalked into the light, a faint sheen of green visible when the light first touched her hide, before blending in seamlessly to the dark browns and pale creams of her roaned, brindled hide. The half deer stared him down, green eyes gleaming in annoyance as she stood as tall as her tiny ten hand frame would allow, “I don’t think you need to know who I am. Send the bill to Zero, because that’s about all the cares I have to give. I’ve already apologized, and it was clearly an accident, so suck it up, buttercup; it’s just a flesh wound anyways.” She retorted angrily. Blaming her. Sure, she was part of the issue, should have been more careful, but she was RUNNING for her LIFE, and had ALREADY apologized in earnest as soon as the ‘attack’ against his ‘perfect hide had happened. All in all, this was not how Cally had hoped her fun day of exploring to end. She stared him down, dark horn reflecting lighting, as both sets of ears kept pinned close to her head, the second set almost buried in her choppy mane. So much for a fun adventure.

@Huehuecoyotl

RE: What Fun Can We Find? - Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019

Coyote found himself slightly amused that the tiny deer... horse... what in the heck was this thing?! By scent, he could tell that the creature was at least a female... But exactly what in the world she was... that was a mystery. Before he could remark, her snappish reply echoed through the cave.

“Ruined?! Hardly! It’s just a small scratch! It’ll heal! Besides, I already said I was sorry! Perhaps you should do better than just hiding in the dark. I was RUNNING from something. With SHARP HUNGRY TEETH. So I’m sorry I was more focused on not becoming LUNCH and lacked any sort of magical ability to know that a buck with a vanity streak the size of a prime doe was anywhere nearby!” Coy listened to her tirade while fighting a grin. Something about being chastised by a... something... that was a third smaller than he was struck him as hilarious. "Ok... First things first... What in the world are you? Second, I wasnt hiding... I was taking a nap for a bit since I have been wandering around and trying to figure out where I ended up. Just because you got scared by a huge creature... which was probably more apt to be a mouse than anything... does not excuse you impaling me with your horn! I am not what scared you, so attacking me is not the way to get an introduction with a handsome stallion!" By the time he had finished, his mouth was beginning to creep into a smirk. What ever this little thing was, she was kinda cute and kinda funny, even all pissed off at him.

“I don’t think you need to know who I am. Send the bill to Zero, because that’s about all the cares I have to give. I’ve already apologized, and it was clearly an accident, so suck it up, buttercup; it’s just a flesh wound anyways.” She was getting braver and that allowed the tri-colored stallion a change to really look at what ever she was. First thing he noticed was that she was a striking figure, her colors and movement elegant and eye catching. Second, that horn looked like a lethal weapon and he couldnt help but wonder how many others she had impaled with it. Third... wait... did she just say it was a flesh wound?!?

"Excuse me?!? Flesh wound?!? Do you not see that my flesh is perfect and you have left a mark that could be permanent?! Perhaps I should make you care for it just to make sure that you know how serious I am about my flesh! But that might be a bad idea... Gods only know what in the world you would do to make it worse! I mean, seriously!" Now he was beginning to get angry again and he whirled to face the wall of the cave for a moment to try to contain that fury. Heck, one little tap and the thing would probably break! After a handful of breaths, he turned back to face her and glowered at her, cyan eyes roiling with emotion.

"You... You... Ugh! Why is it that any time I want to go on an adventure and explore, I get interrupted by someone that seems to think that they are entitled to anything they desire?! All you had to do was yell 'excuse me' and I would have moved so that I wasnt bloodied by your horn! Manners are a good thing! I get it if you were looking for a protector from the big bad mice... but there are way easier ways to find it! " His tirade was tapering off as he took a deep breath and eyed her carefully.

"Lets try this again..." He began after releasing the calming breath and reminding himself silently that manners were good... "I am Huehuecoyotl, though most simply call me Coyote." He was trying to be nice, to let the fact that she had STABBED him fall away and perhaps actually meet her... That is, if she was intelligent enough to finish an introduction without being walked through it. Gods knew that most that he met were not intelligent enough to even grunt a sentence. Coy hoped and prayed that this pretty little... ugh... what in the world was she?! Anyway, he hoped that she was more than just a pretty face and would possibly be willing to be civil since he was trying his hardest at the moment.

-dies laughing-

For a first meeting between strangers, the interactions were . . . not of the most warm, in fact, if anything they were borderline . . . . chilled. One feeling personally and physically attacked by the marring of his ‘perfect hide’; while the other was feeling verbally attacked for an incident that had been clearly an accident and an apology already given. Perhaps it was the meeting of as equally a stubborn fool as themselves, but either way, the two were wording themselves in circles around the other. Cally wasn’t going to back down without a fight however, and clearly this male was itching for a fight. She narrowed her eyes as he clearly was starting to grin, annoyed that he must find it all so stupidly hilarious. When he asked what in the world she was, her ears pinned further, her face twisting into a deep frown, “Excuse me, but what kind of question is that! I mean, really, you couldn’t have thought of a better way to phrase that . . . although I suppose that would require too many brain cells than what you have available – especially as the majority of those must be constantly searching for a mirror in your general vicinity, doesn’t leave much brain power for the rest of your thoughts.” She snarked, huffing in annoyance.

He then stated he hadn’t been hiding, and instead napping and that she had only been startled by what was likely a mouse. This time her annoyed expression was much more distinct, going so far as to stomp her hoof on the ground, her expression hard, “Now you wait just one minute! It was NOT some little mouse! I might be small but that doesn’t mean I don’t know danger when I see it! And I did NOT run impale you with my horn! I ran into you and scraped you by accident, because you were too stupid to think ‘hey a dark cave, and no one can see me, let me lay down for a NAP in the MIDDLE of the path!” She retorted sharply, before sneering, “Considering I’m stuck in a conversation with you, clearly I’m not getting any introductions to a handsome stallion unless he’s hiding somewhere behind your fat head.” She added with an unimpressed look.

He was something else, and oooh was he going to drive her nuts! She reared back when he started to get angry himself, her fluffy body quickly backing up a few steps when he seemed to shout . . . over what, you may ask, her accusation that his wound was a flesh wound- which it was. A slice . . . through his flesh . . . . She rolled her eyes, unable but to make the jab where she’d see that it would obviously hurt, “Perfect Flesh? Can you be more vain? I’ve seen the backside of hog’s that look better than you do, you should be thanking me for giving you a mark that will at least draw they eye now. And I wouldn’t ‘care for it’ even if you paid me. How about growing up and getting over it. It’s a tiny cut, it’s not going to kill you.” She snapped, ears pinned and quickly growing annoyed with the entire situation. She rolled her eyes at his dramatic whirling to face the cave wall, the doe waiting for him to get his breathing undercontrol, before turning and glowering at her.

His articulated words next had her really impress. You… You… Ugh! oh yes, five stars for that conversational tidbit! He then accused her of interrupting and acting as if she were entitled to everything they desired. “Pot, meet kettle.” She snarkily chirped back with a smirk, not saying anything else on that topic. Of course than he accused her of looking for a protector from big bag mice and her eyes flashed in warning, glaring harshly at him, “I’ll repeat just this once more. It was not a mouse. And if I was looking for a protector, I sure wouldn’t be looking for stallion who would spend more time admiring his reflection than knowing when to protect.” This was ridiculous, and was getting nowhere.

His next words took her by surprise, and she turned to stare at him with an incredulous look. Surely, surely he jest. He introduced himself, as if the whole argument never happened and seemed to be expecting her to do the same. Cally shot him a dirty look, “And I’m outta here. Go find some other creature to annoy, I’m done with your holier-than-thou attitude.” She snapped in irritation, flicking her tiny deer tail in agitation as she turned to walk back into the caves she had intended to explore before, “Now be a good boy and find someone else more interested in your need to talk about yourself. May I suggest a stream?” She called over her shoulder as the darkness folded over the tiny deer-horse again, her steps hardly making a sound, having decided she’d rather go back to her adventure than deal with the stallion any longer. Horses. What an odd race.

Speech
@Huehuecoyotl

RE: What Fun Can We Find? - Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019

“Excuse me, but what kind of question is that! I mean, really, you couldn’t have thought of a better way to phrase that . . . although I suppose that would require too many brain cells than what you have available – especially as the majority of those must be constantly searching for a mirror in your general vicinity, doesn’t leave much brain power for the rest of your thoughts.” Coy frowned as he listened to her. Apparently he had really made an impression. He silently mulled over the idea of if it was a bad one or a good one before he decided to speak again. "You expect perfect articulation and pure eloquence from a stallion that was just injured? That seems a bit extreme. Most beings do not think clearly in the presence of pain. And besides... my brain cells are put to better use finding others that are not going to want to murder me for asking a damn question." He huffed, raising his head and rolling his cyan eyes. She never even answered him, the irritating little female! Coy was doing his best to try to salvage the situation, but the creature before him was hostile and angry and a bit irrational...

“Now you wait just one minute! It was NOT some little mouse! I might be small but that doesn’t mean I don’t know danger when I see it! And I did NOT run impale you with my horn! I ran into you and scraped you by accident, because you were too stupid to think ‘hey a dark cave, and no one can see me, let me lay down for a NAP in the MIDDLE of the path! Considering I’m stuck in a conversation with you, clearly I’m not getting any introductions to a handsome stallion unless he’s hiding somewhere behind your fat head.” Coy's jaw dropped as he listened. "I have seen no evidence of any terrifying creature... Perhaps other than the tiny thing before me that is berating me for being upset at being injured. And I was not laying down for a nap... You wouldnt have STABBED me if I had been! I was standing on the side of the tunnel! AND!! I am NOT FAT! Just because you have no idea what in the world that you are, does not mean that you have free rein to insult anyone you come across!" The insult hurt more than she cared to know and he would probably spend the next few months on a work out regimen to get himself into better shape, not that he was in bad shape by any means. The ebony, ivory, and acidic green stallion was very self conscious and tended toward being obsessive about looking his best. Taking a breath, he looked over his shoulder to try to see how badly he had let himself go.

“Perfect Flesh? Can you be more vain? I’ve seen the backside of hog’s that look better than you do, you should be thanking me for giving you a mark that will at least draw they eye now. And I wouldn’t ‘care for it’ even if you paid me. How about growing up and getting over it. It’s a tiny cut, it’s not going to kill you.”
Coy grumbled as he listened to her and felt another blow to his self esteem. Clearly this little creature could care less about making friends if she wanted to tear apart what ever horse she ran into with that awful horn. His facade turned to stone rather than emotional flesh and he let his eyes travel over her. "I would rather look like a hog's backside than some mutated shrew... And trust me... I dont need a scar to draw the eye. I have had my share of pleasant interactions with others that do not hate me just because I am here." The stallion replied coldly as he stared at her. Clearly this creature could care less and it was worthless to even try to mend things. Because beings are always thinking clearly when they are awoken by a horn stabbing them in the ass and can be expected to react calmly in such a situation. The idea alone made him want to roll his eyes. Yes... He had probably been a bit... over dramatic... He would never admit it, but he had been startled by the tiny thing that had come upon him and stabbed him. And if she had taken the time to let him calm down a bit, perhaps they wouldnt be ready to kill one another.

“Pot, meet kettle. I’ll repeat just this once more. It was not a mouse. And if I was looking for a protector, I sure wouldn’t be looking for stallion who would spend more time admiring his reflection than knowing when to protect. And I’m outta here. Go find some other creature to annoy, I’m done with your holier-than-thou attitude.Now be a good boy and find someone else more interested in your need to talk about yourself. May I suggest a stream?" Ugh... This little creature was trying. Perhaps he should let her walk away and get herself killed in the darkness! It would serve her right!! "At least a stream would be better conversation than a creature that doesnt know what she is and could care less about anyone or anything. At least I got my mind back to being civil and tried... You cant even be bothered to introduce your name! You would rather insult someone that wants to try than bother being at all likeable. And then act like your hostility is my fault! I apologize for my temper when getting stabbed in the rear to wake up! I am sorry that you expect that kind of thing to not make someone angry! But instead of giving anything a chance, you would rather do your best to try to destroy anyone that might be helpful or even fun to be around and then walk away. At least I tried..." Coy frowned as he yelled at her, getting to the point that he wanted to run after her just to break her neck. While he ranted, he debated on leaving the caves or going after her... But then, that would probably not be of any use. Tiny thing was like most pretty things... All attitude and no heart.

RE: What Fun Can We Find? - Callynite - 06-18-2019

Anyone near enough to see the interactions between the doe and stallion were likely to be settling back with a bottle of soda and the largest bag of snacks and popcorn they could get. Settling down into a comfy chair, it had to be a scene that would remind others of reality tv. "And on Today's Episode of The Life and Trails of Cally and Coy let's see what happens when . . ." Of course, this wasn't a tv show, and the two where far more akin to strangers than reality tv co-stars. And at the moment they were mere moments from going at one another with claws outstretch (or hooves).

The interactions were steadily growing darker and more heated between mutual notices of miscommunication, natural agitation, and a refusal to see the situation from the view of one to another. For Cally, she'd accidentally ran into someone, and was quickly verbally attacked (after apologizing profusely), and then further words flung at her in a way she saw as hurtful and accusatory. It grew to insulting when she was referred to as some odd creature, causing her to bristle. It didn't help that it was a barb deep in her chest reminding her that this wasn't a natural form, and certainly not for her. Magic, foreign magic had twisted her being and locked her own magic away, corrupting her into a reflection she couldn't recognize as her own.

This foreign magic had trapped her into an unknown body (her magic just barely managing to lock her into a half familiar form in the process before it was trapped and unable to be touched by her), the foreign magic had then acted so far as to displace her into a foreign land with out any way home, or any knowledge of where she was, and the culture of the area. For a deer turned horse, trapped in a world of horses, it was a culture shock, a whole different set of rules that she had no reference book for. Gone were her days as a deer travelling through forests and caves, and visiting the main city in The Thicket. Gone were her friends and her herd. Gone were her neighbors, and traveling companions. Gone was everything she had known.

And left in place? Nothing but a laughable half creature, a hybrid that every time she looked into her reflection she saw as odd, extreme, not her. She was used to transformations, but this was a transformation too far. She wasn't herself, she wasn't what she might have been recognized by . . . But she didn't need someone to casually ask what manner of creature she was, like she was some monster or oddity more fit for a freak show. A doe that already had some intense self-confidence issues from belittling and bulling of her own mother who refused to believe her daughter was perfect the way she was Brown is such a boring color, I'm going to town but I can't bring you. Stay in and do your lessons, no one wants to be brought down by such an ugly little fawn. You're best for being tucked away until you develop some colors. I'll be back by dusk. Do NOT go outside, or go into the forest. Even now with her color in her, she was still so brown, so boring, so ugly. So simple. So . . . . No. Her mother had no reach here. Certainly not in another plain of existence!

But the stallion, whether he knew it or not had touched a nerve. Still she had to recognize that perhaps she was expecting much from a stallion who was likely jolted awake in what must have felt like a sudden attack. But she had also apologized! Right away! Even asking if he had been alright. Not that her words had mattered those first few moments, instead he'd been so quick to accusing her of marring and wanting her to pay the bill of it. As if no blame should be put on the male for choosing a horrible spot for a nap. Her ears flicked down either way, her gaze turning away from him in irritation and awkward admittance that she might be a bit irrational and rude at her questioning his ability to use his brain. She frowned at the accusation that she had wanted to murder him but widely chose to not respond to his words this time, it didn't seem to be doing her any good at the moment anyways.

It was at that point he'd pointed out he had seen no evidence of a terrifying creature other than the tiny thing infront of her - and she immediately interrupted, her voice high pitched and upset; and pointing out exactly what had upset her about his question earlier, "I'm not a thing! I'm a deer! A deer! . . . or, I'm supposed to be okay! I'm not a thing." Her ears were pinned in distress as she refused to look at him, her agitation heavier from a wide variety of different emotions this awkward and slightly hostile interaction were producing. She flinched visibly when he seemed to shout about her stabbing him, to which she hotly responded, "And I apologized! Immediately, if you don't remember from your distress at how you had to look." She sneered in annoyance, "I certainly don't make a habit of 'stabbing' others upon first meeting." She snapped.

It was then he began to freak out over him being called fat, to which the little doe actually looked confused for the first time, ears splayed out and head tilted in the signature 'deer caught in the headlights' look her original species was famous for, "I didn't . . . " It clicked, and she blinked almost in shock, before she couldn't help it, a startled laugh left her, as her ears flicked briefly up, "Fat head, it refers to a large ego? Do you horses not have turn of phrases like that?" She asked in confusion - however, it was the first moment that she began to wonder how much of the anger and volatile interactions might just be from misunderstanding after misunderstanding. Of course that thought was wiped from her head when he once again mentioned he had no idea what in the world she was, "A DEER! I AM A DEER! I don't care what this world's stupid magic twisted when it ripped me from my world, but I AM A DEER." Her words were occumpanied by tiny stomps of each cloven hoof, "Say it with me. I. Am. A. DEER."

Even if she looked like a hybrid from the magic trying to twist her into something that would be met with a bit more acceptance here. She hated it, she didn't look like herself. She knew she was being petty and hurtful at this point with each response she gave, but she felt each blow in return and felt justified. Of course, when he referred to her as a mutated shrew she flinched back verbally as if he'd struck her, her eyes wide and suddenly uncomfortable as she glanced down at herself. Instantly she'd shrank back into the darker shadows of the cave opening, her mother's words reinforced in her head, No one wants to look at brown all day, if they did, they'd stare at the dirt. Get out of my sight until you're something nicer to look at. She didn't respond to him this time, and her large doe eyes were focused firmly off of the stallion.

At this point she felt like she just wanted to leave the entire situation, and there was a growing likelihood that her own Court might be seeing the small figure out in the open far more less than typical. The deer had just felt a sharp stab of a reminder of just how boring and unfit for appearing around others . . . a mutated shrew, was she really that displeasing, that . . . strange . . . . She knew she wasn't normal . . . but a mutant . . . no, maybe that was right. The magic had tried to make her more equine, her own magic had struggled to keep her a deer, the two had locked her in a half horse - half deer form, surely that was the definition of a mutant right there . . . Oh good heavens, she was a mutant!

The interaction was with out a doubt the worst Cally had ever had, and she finally decided to end it, instead declaring she was going to get out of the situation, she had even turned to head back into the shadows, the cave, the exploration she was intending to have when she set out that day. His words were thrown into her back like throwing knives, claiming a stream to be better company, stating she to be uncivil, not giving her name, insulting instead of like-ale. Her tiny, delicate legs seemed to shake as each comment tore through her being, and slowly his words, his voice were twisting inside her mind, more feminine and familiar, more haunting and berating. Some lady you are, can't even take you into civil company, you'll just roll in the dirt and look like a mongrel child! Why can't you just be a normal child, a good child, instead of such a horrible little brat. No one will ever like you if you act like that Callynite. Your own father ran away with out you, he grew tired of your horrible behaviors. Go to your room, I don't want to look at you. You can leave when you're ready to be a good girl, again instead of such a horrible little fawn.

Cally violently shook the voice from her head, tears at the corner of her eyes as she stared straight ahead, blinking the back until the darkened the edge of her dark cheeks but were no longer visible. She wouldn't let him see her cry, and she waited until the evidence was gone except from a slight sheen to her eyes before glancing back at him at the mouth of the cave, her tiny form made so much smaller against the massive amount of darkness around her. It outlined her shape, that deer luck more visible from the distance, down to the tiny stub horns near her large deer ears. She stared him down for a moment, her smile bitter and emotionless, "Like you said, you might as well find better company than me . . ." She glanced back at the cave, letting her voice trail out behind her as the dark swallowed up, "Callynite. My mother named me Callynite," The phrasing was off, stating what her mother had named her rather than what she had been called by her friends and her father, but she wasn't comfortable just giving him that treasured nickname. No, he sounded just like her mother, let him call her what that doe did too . . . It wasn't likely she'd see him again anyways. He'd already expressed his distaste. As she moved deeper into the cave, the tears started to fall more freely, no longer held back to hide them from him, and though no sound left her as she silently cried, her heart and fragile self-confidence at the twisted form magic had given her visible crumbled from any that watched the little doe move through the cavern darkness.

Speech
@Huehuecoyotl

RE: What Fun Can We Find? - Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019

"I'm not a thing! I'm a deer! A deer! . . . or, I'm supposed to be okay! I'm not a thing. And I apologized! Immediately, if you don't remember from your distress at how you had to look. I certainly don't make a habit of 'stabbing' others upon first meeting." Coy looked at her like she was crazy... "But you look like a tiny horse... other than a few features... Anyway. I am glad that you dont make a habit of it... Your gorgeous horn would be stained crimson from all of the blood!"

"I didn't . . .  Fat head, it refers to a large ego? Do you horses not have turn of phrases like that?" Coy would have raised an eyebrow, if he had them. "Sorry... I dont insult others with obscure phrases. I was raised to say what I mean and not make it hard for others to understand, My mother was funny that way." The stallion replied, flicking his tail and hissing slightly at the twinge from where she had hit him. Now that he was calmed down from the sheer shock, it wasnt throbbing as badly and he could ignore it for the most part. A look of pure chagrin crossed his face as he turned to look at it again. Yep... he had really overreacted...  "Ok... I will say it. I apologize for my reaction earlier. It was wrong of me to get so dramatic."

"A DEER! I AM A DEER! I don't care what this world's stupid magic twisted when it ripped me from my world, but I AM A DEER. Say it with me. I. Am. A. DEER." A grin crossed his lips. "But... I am not a dear, darling. I am a horse." Humor in an attempt to lighten her up. Too much stress would age the tiny creature way to early... and she was striking and alluring as she was.

"Like you said, you might as well find better company than me . . . " Coy narrowed his eyes as he listened to her. Had he really been that awful? It was a blow to the heart and it made him want to smack his head off of one of the walls of the cave.

"Callynite. My mother named me Callynite," Coyote watched her leave, his heart actually aching. He hated that she had cried over what he had said. With a groan at his own stupidity, he launched himself down the tunnel after her. "Hey!" He called as he searched for her in the gloom. Seeing her tiny form, Coy stepped closer and lowered his head. "I am sorry. I didnt mean to be so awful... Usually I am better mannered than that. I really am...  Sorry I mean. Clearly I am not at my best when woken up, but that is no excuse for my awful behavior."

@Callynite - @

Crappy post is crappy... Thanks dumb laptop >.>

RE: What Fun Can We Find? - Callynite - 06-18-2019

The little deer instantly frowned, doing a quick once over before stomping a little hoof as hard as she can, "Deer." That didn't feel powerful enough and the next word was following with a full body jump (the signature toes down jump of a deer no less), "Deer!" Each word was punctuated by that dump, "I. Am. A. DEER." She stopped her jumping, her legs splayed out, and her hair messy from each hop, as she stared him down, "It's not my fault some foreign magic messed with my body. This is NOT what I should look like. I am a deer! A proud doe, not what ever freak of a horse thing i look like now." She grumbled, only for her to realize what he'd said next that she'd ignored in favor of dealing with being accused of looking like a tiny horse. She tilted her head, eyes wide and expression shifting to almost shy and demure, "You think it's gorgeous?" It was asked with such surprise and uncertainty, that one could imagine she didn't her any sort of compliment like that often. Her eyes crossed as she peered up at the dark brown growth, "It's not plain or boring?" The under-lying self-confidence was showing just faintly as she had asked.

Of course even moments of calm didn't last long, and he had raised an eyebrow before berating her for insulting others with obscure phrasing - his words. She pinned her ears when he spoke about his mother raising him against that kind of manner and Cally flinched - more from the thought of what her mother would do to her if caught behaving like this and less from his words however. Her mother had been more of the verbally and emotionally abusive type, but even she'd been known to put a hoof to her miscreant daughter on more difficult situations. It was then that he had apologized for his reaction, and all anger started to seep out of her like wind removed from a sail, she stared at him for a moment before nodding sharply, "Yes, it was; especially as I'd asked about your welfare as soon as I realized I had ran into someone. Being verbally attacked for an accident that I had immediately apologized and asked about was more than just dramatic, but rude when paired with the accusations that I didn't care." She paused for a moment, uncertain if she was meant to return an apology, before merely shrugging, "It's whatever, you had been what I'm sure must have felt like being under attack." She muttered awkwardly, glancing away. Still angry about her treatment but deflating slowly.

The little deer made a face at him when he'd tried to add humor, her response almost hissed, "Don't call me darling." It was said with intense passion and distaste it was clear that it was the word that she had an issue with, not that he'd used it. Her mother had only used it with dripping sarcasm when in the company of others, and she had no intentions of letting it be used in reference to herself every again. Either way she'd decided to just walk away from what was chalking up to be a horrible interaction when she suggested he find better company than her, casually calling her name over her shoulder as she turned to disappear into the cave.

She wasn't expecting him to follow. His voice echoed through the tunnel, and she hastily used magic to draw the corner of her cape to her eyes, rubbing the liquid away before he might reach her. She flinched when he grew close enough, introducing extra distance from between him and her as she glanced at him. The full apology was not what she was expecting though. She stared at him for a moment in silence, before speaking quietly in the dark, "It's really not an excuse. You were extremely rude." Her voice was quiet, carefully controlled not to give any hint that she'd been crying, trying to appear as strong as she possibly could, "It's not like I had purposely stabbed you, it had been an accident that you blew way out of proportion, accusing me of not caring and insulting my upbringing all in the same breath." She didn't let her tone raise any as she kept her gaze off of the male, "I really did see something any here. I'm no novice adventurer. Especially to caves. I don't scare easily in them, but hungry teeth and eyes that shine like that of predator usually mean I should run away fast. I don't make a habit of running wildly through caves - just so you know." She paused, before allowing one more sentence to leave her lips, the closest she would be able to get while still as upset as she was, to forgiving him, "So, uhm, just keep an eye out for it, and if you see anything that looks like it wants to eat it, say something so we can run - and uh, stay out of the path of my horn, I guess too." A quiet acceptance for him to remain nearby if he so choose after following her back into the cave.

Speech
@Huehuecoyotl