Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Broadening Horizons (Pol x Liatris)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Look Forward... Trust Yourself... Find Peace

There was something about the stallion that was almost magnetic, something pulling her closer to the figure beside her. 
"Sometimes it feels that way with me as well… Caligo knows I make my fair share of mistakes every day. Who knows, perhaps something will pop up that only your knowledge and learning will be able to help. I have faith in you." She murmured, stepping closer without thought. 

The stallion before her reminded her of Lu, and that knowledge put the little mare at ease. Outside of Lu, he was probably the only one she felt comfortable telling her past to. It was an odd moment when she realized that there was a part of her that was fascinated by the stallion in a way she didn’t understand. 
"Honestly.. As hard as it is to think about it, I can’t say that I am sorry. If things hadn’t happened the way that they did, I wouldn’t be in the place that I am. I wouldn’t be learning to help others in the way that I was helped. While I regret being without my pod and my mother, I am thankful that I am in the place I am in now." She answered, smiling up at him and blushing slightly. Her lavender eyes sparkled as she gazed at him.

When his face fell, Pol’s heart hurt. Without thought, she pressed her shoulder to his in an attempt to bring him comfort. 
"I am sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I wont lie to you, but I wish my words weren’t painful." She murmured, stepping closer as she spoke. She wanted to comfort him, to make him feel better. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she dipped her head. 
"I am sorry."

Pol nodded gently, her eyes watching the stallion. 
"Of course. Any message you would prefer me to pass along?" She asked, eyes taking in his features and memorizing them. He was handsome, but Pol had no idea how to bridge the gap with the pain that was plaguing him. Heck, the little mare had no idea how to even flirt. Perhaps not a bad thing at that moment, though she did want to make the stallion smile even with the news. Perhaps Isra would help her figure out how to tell Lu… She could definitely use help in how to broach the subject with her beloved mentor.

"Speaking"
@Liatris
Notes: <3

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 12 — Threads: 2
Signos: 30
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  17.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

“I’m sure you are a good healer” he replied, trying to be comforting. “Especially if my mother is teaching you. Perhaps it will. I don’t know. I don’t really know what knowledge I’m trying to earn. I want to know about the world, the people in it… Not just Novus.”

He nodded sagely. “I understand. If Elysium hadn’t crumbled I wouldn’t be here today, seeing the library. If my mother’s forest hadn’t burned, I would not have been born” Luvena had only met Cavalier due to a dragon-born forest fire. In some twisted way, had it not happened, it was likely that Liatris and Eremurus, at least as they were now, would not have been brought into the red waste.

He allowed her to press into him, trying not to picture his mother, packaged once more into a body of skin and bones. He remembered just how much more luvena she was in her immortality. Her personality never changed, she was still kind, and strong, and gentle, but everything about her had been amplified. Her voice held a resonance that no one else's did.

He shook his head. “No just… just that I’m here. And that I’m okay. And that I love her. Please.”  he picked up his head, and touched his muzzle briefly to the smaller mares neck. “Thank you. I should go, I need to...:” he wasn’t sure what he needed. “To think. I need to think” he pulled away, and with a dip of his head turned to head back towards the library.

@Polar North

He’s a book full of footnotes brought to life. He’s a jacket made of elbow patches.

@Liatris

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Look Forward... Trust Yourself... Find Peace

Pol blushed, the light play of pink visible through her pale pelt. "Her teaching has been incredible. Without it, I probably wouldn’t be as confident that I can be of any use." She admitted before nodding. "I can understand that. I have much to learn about my own pod… about the beings that abandoned me so many years ago." She murmured, feeling more and more at ease with him.

Pol nodded at his words, feeling the truth of them in her heart. The weight of what had to happen to bring about the current circumstances that were directing each of them on the paths that they were meant to walk. "The eddies of fate seem to be like that of the waves in the sea. Pushing in specific directions to accomplish a goal that we are currently unaware of. While the means may not be pleasant, they do lead to good things as time passes. Without those waves, I would have never ended up here. I would have never been able to meet those that I hold dear… meet you." She murmured again, smiling up at the stallion with warmth blooming in her eyes. 

Pol nodded, the scent of the stallion dancing in her nares as she watched him. "Of course. I hope to see you again…" She murmured as she watched the stallion walk away. There was a pang in her heart as she watched, a longing to make him happier and spend more time with him. Sighing softly, she turned and headed back to her own room at the inn. The task he had given her was daunting. Particularly since she was worried about the older mare as it was. Perhaps speaking to Isra… She might know how to broach the subject… With an idea in her mind, Pol found the journey to take less time than expected and she was quickly back in her own cozy area.

"Speaking"
@Liatris
Notes: Pol did not want to close XD

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »