Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Something Better

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

The day had come where he had managed to get the right ways up and get marching onwards. As much as one could march while their body was coated in charred flesh. Pieces of it flaked off with his movement, showing raw red flesh beneath it. It would heal, in time.  He had never seen a building like this one. His herd had lived in the nooks and crannies within the volcano. Its ebbing and flowing noises had lulled him to sleep as a child. He had never seen the higher cliffs that were said to be bathed with the art of his ancestors. Those heights for only those who could fly. Aeon was very much grounded.

He had been amazed to meet others that were born grounded. That never had wings. The Volcano had erupted into fiery anger and now here he was. He felt like he might awake and things would be back the way they were.  He almost feared that this would happen. This world was fresh and ripe for exploring. Aeon still didn’t know exactly how it worked. 

He marveled at the structure, how the stones were all slotted together. How did this happen? How was it even possible? 
“Hello! I am Aeon. I am here”. He shouted into the void, hearing the echoes shouting back he flinched and looked around him for the source of the mysterious voice. 

ooc: @Liam

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

Once more, the great stallion found himself patrolling, making sure that everything and everyone was situated properly. As he walked, he stopped every so often to help a merchant load baskets onto carts or helped single mothers with the wash, or even helped children with simple chores. Now, though, he was slowly making his way back to the Citadel in search of a bit of a break, a rest if you will. Never truly one to settle down and stop moving, the stallion had found himself not sleeping well recently, and it was cutting into the time he normally used to check out how his citizens were getting on.

It'd been nearly beaten into his head that he was never to stay idle for very long. Part of his medical treatment growing up was to keep moving, help work his lungs out of the asthmatic phase they'd been stuck in. Of course, that never helped him, but that was what the doctors had told him at that time, and he was thankful they'd even tried to help, given the lack of knowledge they'd had when he was a young colt.

It wasn't until he heard someone shouting that he jerked his head up, suddenly wide awake. Who was shouting in the Citadel — and more importantly, why? Flicking back his ears, the stallion followed the voice, expression stern before it faltered as he approached a young colt that was quite a bit taller than he was. Clearing his throat, his stance depicting that of a Sovereign, Liam lifted his head a little and gazed at the young colt. "Are you in need of assistance?"

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Sorry for the long wait!
Tag;; @Aeon
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 273

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

“I wanted to make sure that my presence was known, I have fallen from the sky and need shelter here. Bucky very kindly helped me to my feet. Once I have time to heal I will be an asset and not a burden I promise” Aeon felt his nerves firing and whirling throughout his body. His skin was burnt and stuck to him in charred flakes. Everything was tender and raw, each movement causing him pain and discomfort. In an awkward stage of growth where nothing seemed to match, his wings had not yet caught up to the size of his body. His feathers occasionally fell out with each movement, he was raggedy and sooty. An occasional wheeze caused clouds of soot to escape his nostrils. 

“I hope I'm not intruding too much” he added awkwardly, his red eyes filled with concern and pain.Aeon figured the stallion that had arrived was someone important by the way he was standing. He had hoped he hadn’t caused too much trouble by arriving. He was however more afraid of being seen as an intruder and being chased out in his current state. His home lands had been particularly intolerant of strangers. He wasn’t entirely sure how he had come to tumble down the volcano. He had angered the old gods somehow, and that they had ejected him from the volcano's surface. He had never seen the top, never been included in anything of significance because he was unable to fly with the adults. So far the horses here had paid him more attention then what he had expected. He hoped that someday he would find somewhere to belong.

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

Bucky helped the young colt to his feet? Smiling at that thought, Liam nodded in understanding, and he was quick to approach the young colt and try to soothe him. "I believe you. You don't have to make any promises to me, young one. You said Bucky helped you? Where did you fall from the sky?" He inquired gently, voice kind and soft as those blue eyes looked over the colt's coat. It was burnt and stuck to him in charred flakes, some of it falling to the Citadel floor as they stood there. Almost immediately, there was an overwhelming urge to get the colt to the hospital, especially considering the skin underneath the burned patches was so pink, new, and fresh. Even his wings were severely damaged. Feathers fell out awkwardly with each movement, and there was a sooty, almost charred scent wafting off the young colt.

"Intruding? No, no, you're fine. I'm more concerned about your wounds," he points out, gently gesturing to the flaking skin. Wrinkling his nose in distaste at the way the skin was looking, Liam let out a gentle sigh, though it was more in concern than anything else. "Come along, we're going to go to the hospital to get you looked over," he advised, a gentle look on his face. "If you're worried about anything, I can promise you that Bucky is a very close friend of mine and he would want you to come with me so we can get you checked out. We certainly don't want any sort of infection to settle in, right?" Liam murmured, gently nudging Aeon's cheek before turning and walking toward the hospital, making sure to keep his strides short enough for the young colt to keep up easily with him.

—time skip to the hospital—

It took close to an hour to get the young colt to the hospital, but once they got there, they were immediately rushed to a room and checked in, Liam's large frame tucked neatly away in a corner as the nurses began to do what they needed to do with Aeon.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Ayyyeeee, Daddy Liam strikes again!
Tag;; @Aeon
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 350

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Dusk Court Soldier

So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces

He felt his emotions wobble and his bottom lip tremble at being told he wasn’t intruding, that there was concern for his well being. Emotions that were as raw and fresh as the scrapes and burns on his skin. He was a colt who was accustomed to being shoved to the side, left to tend to his own devices. As their entire society had revolved around flying, reaching the highest peaks of the volcano he had been excluded. Most young of their kind could fly somewhat within days. Aeon was 2 years old at this point and still firmly stuck to the ground. He noted this other stallion also didn’t have wings. It was a relief that there would be no expectation to fly with them. There would be no racing to keep up. There would also be no one attempting to take him back to where he came from. 

“I fell from the sky above, the open fields. The mountain grew angry with me, with hot flowing rage it shook me off. Then I just fell and fell until the ground hit me”. His young red eyes were wide with fear at attempting to explain the experience. His lungs still burnt and felt restricted from breathing in the soot and ash, making his voice raspy at times.

Walking beside another creature was a foriegn experience. As was the care and attention being shown to him. Aeon also knew better than to defy the orders of those who ruled. He still wasn’t sure about the laws and functions of this land; but he figured those who ruled still had the same expectations. Equines in power were to be respected and followed.  “What’s an infection?” he asked, tilting his head to the side. 

Arriving at the hospital he followed Liam inside. The walls closed in on him, trapping him inside. Wheezing short breaths was all he could manage. Summoning the courage to continue on, to just follow the other figure infront of him. To stave off the ever looming floor below him from consuming him whole. 

He whimpered and felt entirely overwhelmed at the touch of the medical staff starting to attend to his wounds. It took mental control and care to not screech and push them away. He felt overwhelming pain and overstimulation. He pushed and forced the feelings deeper into his gut. He forced himself to trust that these strangers had the best intentions and knowledge. Everything was just so outside of the experiences of his short life thus far. What other choice did he have but to accept.

The depth and complexity of his burns would surely require further treatment in time. But for now, this would be life saving.