Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - You will heed my call

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H
— you will ache as I ache—
tenderly, tragically, beautifully.

Perhaps it was lazy of him, to be holed up in his chambers with a pall cast over him like the unpredictability of the storms at sea. But Isorath had always been a creature of a capricious nature, vivacious one moment and listless the next, amiable as the breeze and next as unforgiving as the tempest.

Conflicted, torn, bitter and angry, he roiled quietly in his chambers. Resplendant none the less, like a jealous dragon upon it's mountain of gold. He should be among his people, the towering ivory pillar of protection and devotion, he should be laughing with them and holding court with the intrigue that had been born in his bones. But he is a jealous, selfish creature on the flip side, and his straining heart demanded his attention with all the fury and wailing lament it had to give, boiling and cooling his blood with each crash of the emotional tide.

The sudden shudder which racked the very foundations of the citadel threw it all into chaos, alarm flashed across porcelain features as muffled voices rose in alarm. There was no time to think, even as his emotions demanded he move not. That he stay upon his pillows and fold his wings upon his crowned head.

There was pulling, his soul drowned out his hearts frothing indignation with a cold claw.

Pulling. Pulling him forward. Pulling him forward on porcelain hooves without his consent.

Everything grew cold, the blood in his veins freezed and his heart slowed it's erratic demands. Such serenity had escaped him as of late, but the song was all wrong. Different, strange and comforting. His bones instead sang a different song, hummed a melody that only the ancients could compose.

One timeless and foreign, but oh so familiar. It ached in his bones, pleasant and proud.

Anticipation bloomed in his chest as he dared to imagine.

Could it be?

And then a voice.

I arrive; have you not even the decency to greet me?

He hadn't realized he'd started running, wings flared toward the heavens as commoner and guard alike jumped to the side, lest they be shoved by the kirin without a thought nor concern. He must get to the courtyard, he must.

The regent must see it to believe it, even if his soul declares otherwise. Even if his bones brand him with proof.

You have been chosen. You have been found worthy.

He thinks of his sister, his brother, and his mother. His cousins with their magnificent beasts, their companions. Their soulbonded. Those who would spend an eternity and there after.

Now he's one of them too. His soul is complete, the long cycle once again closing upon a pair destined to be.

The courtyard is fogged, the mist cold and uncaring as it swept over the springtime blooms and the stones. The sudden darkness that enveloped him, there is no fear in his eyes as he looked skyward, even as his wings lifted him in one fluid sweep toward the dragon who awaited him. Lilac met wispy white, and he cannot hide the smile which slipped onto his face. One of peace, and unbridled joy.

Forgive me, his voice echoed back through their bond as he reached Aether's regal face, I did not know.

TAG: @
OOC notes can go here, as well as tags! remove the 'hr' tag to get rid of this line ^
"this here is your speech colour!

Messages In This Thread
You will heed my call - by Random Events - 02-08-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: You will heed my call - by Isorath - 02-08-2018, 11:10 PM