Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - hold me tight -- or don't

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

Fight Type: Battle
Prize: EXP and bragging rights ;D
Contact Made: Yep!

Character #1: @Aion
Bonded: N/A
Magic: N/A
Armor: N/A
Weapons: N/A

Character #2: @Liesel
Bonded: N/A
Magic: N/A
Armor: N/A
Weapons: N/A

AION

It had been so very long - too long - since Aion had last set hoof upon the battlefield. 

The last time had been borne of desperation, a need to feel a physical pain that could distract him from an emotional sort of trauma. It had worked well enough: he'd walked away bruised and limping, but his mind was effectively doused in an adrenaline so strong it had carried him on a high for days, forgetting about his troubles and his heartache. That had been all it took, a brief distraction, a tap of the restart button, a break from the emotions. When his pain returned - the sadness and grief, the feeling of being lost - he had been more prepared to deal with it. 

He'd handled shattered bones and bloodied knees after all, what more was a broken heart?

Of course, he knew now how much more excruciating a broken heart could be in comparison to a broken humerus. He knew better than to assume all pain was the same. 

But still, he volunteered for it all; this was his own fault, wasn’t it? He’d sought Torstein out for a fight; and here he was looking for one again, only this time he didn't care who stepped up to the plate. He put himself in these positions. He went looking for pain. 

He’d even let himself fall in love. 'And we all can see how well that's been working out lately...'

The sound of approaching hoofbeats brought him back to the present, brushing the thoughts away with a flick of his telekinesis. He sized the mare up with an icy gaze: from her dark, silken skin to her ocean-tousled hair. Her looks were impressive, yes, but he didn’t linger long. Aion was more impressed with the way she moved - almost like a dancer. Agile, lithe, yes; but a brawler? Surely someone so delicate wasn’t here for a fight?

There was only one way to find out. 

"I hope you aren't expecting me to take it easy on you,” he called out to her, "just because you're a girl.”

The wind tousled his feathers in a playful manner; Aion turned into it, lifting his head as if in greeting. He closed his eyes briefly, drawing in a slow, deliberate breath. His lungs expanded, and he held it for a minute; then relaxed, opening his eyes again as he exhaled deeply. Unwinding the stress from his muscles, remaining as he was in the middle of the hole-pocked field.

Waiting for her to move. 

@Liesel xx
”are you still talking?”
spaced code
rhiann art

Summary: Aion stands in the middle of the field daydreaming, sees her approaching and waits like the patient puppy he is.

Attack Used:
Attack(s) Left:
Block Used:
Block(s) Left:
Item(s) Used: 

Response Deadline: 03/11/18
Tags: @Liesel, @kay, @inkbone, AND @Lauren

Messages In This Thread
hold me tight -- or don't - by Aion - 03-04-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: hold me tight -- or don't - by Liesel - 03-06-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: hold me tight -- or don't - by Aion - 03-10-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: hold me tight -- or don't - by Liesel - 03-15-2018, 01:02 AM