Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - everything will fall in line

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

rose-colored boy

For a moment there’s only silence between them - it’s only a few seconds, but it’s more than enough time for Ipomoea’s mind to start churning. His wings flutter against his fetlocks, twisting around themselves in nervousness. Perhaps he’s read Eros wrong, and falsely interpreted his current place in the Court, perhaps this wasn’t something he would want -

You - you think I’d be good for it?” 

Eros’ eyes are bright, and he can see the surprise and confusion in them. It reminds Po of Messalina, the way she’d come to him after her own promotion.

He straightens his shoulders and smiles.

“I think you would be,” he says, but he’s grown enough to know that it matters more if Eros thinks he would be good at it. He would give his friend all the support he needed, but it would hardly do any good if he lacked faith in himself.

He studies Eros’ face, watching the bewilderment and apprehension slowly shift into a smile. Something in his eyes changes, and it’s reassuring; it tells Po he was right to trust him.

“I’m glad to hear it,” he says, bumping his shoulder fondly against Eros’. “We’ll let the Court know soon.”

The wind dances along their backs as they start walking again, only Po doesn’t turn back the way they had come, not yet. There’s one other matter of business he wants to discuss, one that has been hard to ignore the entire way here.

“Now tell me - where did all these flowers come from?” he asks, his focus shifting now as he turned the corner and the hidden garden greeted his eye. The flowers whispered to him as he passed amongst them, but his easy smile told Eros that it was alright, he wasn’t going to tell anyone (or maybe not yet).

After all, Ipomoea could appreciate wanting to make something beautiful.

hearts are breaking
wars are raging on
you’ve got me nervous
i’m at the end of my rope
hey, man, we can’t all be like you

i wish we were all rose-colored too
my rose-colored boy

@eros ! finally closing this
gonna just assume they sit and talk about p flowers and love for the rest of the day
”here am i!“

empluvie art

Messages In This Thread
everything will fall in line - by Ipomoea - 04-15-2018, 05:25 PM
RE: everything will fall in line - by Eros - 06-02-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: everything will fall in line - by Ipomoea - 09-08-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: everything will fall in line - by Eros - 09-24-2018, 06:48 PM
RE: everything will fall in line - by Ipomoea - 03-10-2019, 04:19 PM
RE: everything will fall in line - by Eros - 03-14-2019, 02:14 PM
RE: everything will fall in line - by Ipomoea - 03-20-2019, 01:49 PM
RE: everything will fall in line - by Eros - 04-30-2019, 09:34 AM