Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Negotiations, Part One

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

Night falls, and with its arrival comes a visitor of Dawn.

An owl glides through the evening air, beady black eyes scanning the creatures of Denocte. She had never been to this province of Novus, not really and all of it was equal parts new and exciting. This visit, however, was not a social call. It was a delivery.

Clearly the owl had been traveling for some time. A few feathers sat ruffled or out of place, dust coating her cream and tan frame. There hadn’t been time for a preening during her flight, but hopefully the denizens of Denocte would show her a bit of hospitality after her delivery was made. A small leather pouch slung about the owl’s body, wrapped tight so that it would not come undone and fall. Within the pouch was a single scroll, inked with masterful penmanship.

’Take this, dearest Alba. You know what to do with it.’ Indeed she did. This was a task. A mission.

Through the evening skies she flew, until spotting her intended target among the market stalls. With the loud, piercing shriek of her kind did the barn owl drop, descending towards her target; Isra, the ascended Queen of Denocte. How fast word spread in such a large world.

With a billowing of wings did the barn owl land, taking roost upon the countertop of a warped market stall with a furious clacking of her beak. At this height she was a little below eye-level to the Night Court Sovereign, but the barn owl stared, knowingly meeting Isra’s gaze with brazen wisdom far too intelligent for a wild animal.

’Pop! Pop, pop!’ Over and over did Alba ‘pop’ her beak, before grabbing the small satchel about her to begin undoing the ties.

The message, once revealed and unrolled, was written in an elegant, studious script.

”Sovereign Isra of Night Court proper, well met;

Oriens’ wisdom and Caligo’s eternal embrace upon you. I pray that this letter finds you and your Court in good health. I have instructed Alba to deliver this letter in my stead, and implore that you treat her with kindness and tend to any needs she may have after such an arduous journey. Apologies that I cannot be there myself, but duty to hearth and home binds me here.

This letter is an invitation; with the mutual disasters spreading across Novus, on behalf of Delumine and the Dawn Court, I would like to discuss the possibilities of forming deeper relations between our two Courts. Far too long have Delumine and Denocte been estranged, and I would like to work together in order to rectify this, be it a trade of goods or a trade of personnel. Terms and conditions can be worked out should you agree to meet. We can exchange letters until a definitive time and place can be recognized.

Please allow Alba a warm place to rest, and return with her your answer.

Warmest regards,

Somnus, Dawn King of Delumine.”

Alba clacked her beak once more as she waited, watching Isra almost eerily as she read over the letter. Head tilting curiously, waiting and watching for some kind of answer, the owl stood silently.

xx
space

@Isra

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Negotiations, Part One - by Somnus - 08-22-2018, 01:06 AM
RE: Negotiations, Part One - by Isra - 08-26-2018, 10:12 PM