Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline RB [PM] Posts: 277 — Threads: 28
Signos: 180
Inactive Character

WITH SWORD AND SALT -

Denocte owes you a debt, Isra says, and Marisol cuts her gray eyes to the Night Queen and almost wants to laugh. She holds it down. Because what debt of Denocte’s could not repaid for the way they have housed and clothed and fed her people since the rains came in and washed their lives away? She smiles a little, a tight-lipped, bare thing, and hopes that Isra sees it for what it is and what it means.

When their shoulders brush she shivers, and it could be the touch or it could be the warmth sprouting against the cold around them. Marisol is not much for contact. The casual way Isra hands her a touch, a smile, a compliment - it’s all foreign and intoxicating for someone who is used to hiding her heart like a diamond in coal. 

The world opens up ahead of them, dark and silver, sparkling under the watchful eye of the strawberry moon overhead. Thank you, the Commander says to Isra’s offer, and when the Night Queen starts to walk away her heart twists in her chest and almost - almost - she wants to ask something. Where are you going? When will I see you again? 

But already Isra is being swallowed by the darkness, and Marisol is woman enough to hold her tongue and time and time again. She watches the queen and the boy disappear, and then takes off into the sky with a flap of huge wings, soaring into the air above Denocte in a soundless torrent.

<3

aimless | kokovi

[Image: ddg6quy-9d15dab5-339c-4b09-8b57-20a99fda...jvUop12efQ]

Messages In This Thread
Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 10-12-2018, 12:19 AM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 10-14-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 11-20-2018, 10:59 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 12-03-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Marisol - 12-05-2018, 01:04 PM