Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I had a dream,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Responsibility is an odd thing. At first it seemed like a sacrifice of solitude and silence and other private things he held dear. But over time it became rewarding. It felt good to do something well, and while he would always be incredibly harsh on himself, he began to feel proud of the role he played... But he would never desire more responsibility. "Gods, I hope not." A sour look crosses his face, for he knows his friend is right... his magic is growing stronger, by forces he does not understand, and with it the responsibility. The moral dilemma: Does he have the right to read people's thoughts just because he has the ability to? What if by doing so he could help them?

Oh, he could use movement. His mind spirals if he keeps to one place for too long. So he returns Asterion's touch to the shoulder and snorts in coltish disagreement. "Getting lost is the best part."

Asterion turns away and Eik lingers a moment. It is always hard to leave the sea behind. Every time, his heart begs "Just a little longer--" even when his body is already turning away. And even after he's long gone, he's not really. A part of him remains, with its face towards the sea, waiting for his body to return. Now that he knows more of love than ever before, he realizes that this might be a symptom of love. But when he turns away from the ocean, he does not feel troubled the way he does without Asterion or incomplete the way he does without Isra. He does not understand it at first until he realizes... what a comfort to love something that can never be taken from you...

Ah, but Asterion is leaving him behind so he turns and jogs to catch up with his friend. All the while, there is a small and private grin on his lips. The more he loves the more he has to lose, and yet... and yet... he feels happier than he ever before.

@Asterion ugh, these two marshmallows <3 <3

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
I had a dream, - by Eik - 10-15-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: I had a dream, - by Asterion - 10-21-2018, 09:41 AM
RE: I had a dream, - by Eik - 11-01-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: I had a dream, - by Asterion - 11-03-2018, 11:42 AM
RE: I had a dream, - by Eik - 11-12-2018, 09:29 AM
RE: I had a dream, - by Asterion - 11-16-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: I had a dream, - by Eik - 12-09-2018, 09:42 PM
RE: I had a dream, - by Asterion - 12-23-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: I had a dream, - by Eik - 01-08-2019, 11:38 PM