Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a temple by the sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

I am not of this world.  It is a sentiment that leaves an eerie sort of mystical aire about Euryale, and Pan nods in understanding.  He wants to know more, certainly… but there is something in her tone that keeps him from questioning her.  Perhaps she was some fallen goddess – he liked to think of her that way, tossing a sidelong glance at the way the moonlight met her rose hued coat.  He could certainly see it without having to imagine too hard, because there is something otherworldly about his companion, indeed.  And so the boy simply continues to walk along the wooden deck that rimmed the lake, content to be in her company.

I suppose I had a mother once, and a father too… everyone would… but I don’t remember.  He stops his walking, a puzzled look crossing his face as if the boy was trying so hard to capture a fleeting memory.  There is a quiet sort of smile on his lips, the one which occurs whenever he thinks of happy things.  I’d think she would be lovely, all cream colored with the sea in her hair.  She smells like honeysuckle, and sings like an angel.  Of course, it would be impossible for the boy to know, but he liked to think of her in such ways.  In his dreams, he thought he’d met his mother.

Perhaps my father was a pirate he added.  But I wouldn’t know… it’s just been me for a long time.  Well, me… and Oliver.  As if illustrating his point, the otter which had been until now napping in his satchel quivered and stretched, peeking his curious eyes out from within the well-loved bag to stare at the mare with a quiet chirrup.  It is strange that the creature had been unnoticed to this point, but Oliver always had been a lazy sort of otter… and he napped after his overindulgence on rich festival foods (just as Pan would later).

This is my home now, the boy decided with a resolute tone, as if trying to convince himself.  Not by the lake, exactly… but Novus.  I have a cave, but not a court.  Odd, but not overly unusual anymore, as more and more vagabonds made their way to the wilds.  You should come - find me there, and I'll show you! he offers easily, watching her with friendly and innocent eyes, not wanting their new friendship to end with the sunrise. I have to go... but I hope you'll come. And with that, the boy is lost once more.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Euryale

Messages In This Thread
a temple by the sea - by Euryale - 12-06-2018, 12:01 AM
RE: a temple by the sea - by Pan - 01-20-2019, 05:33 AM
RE: a temple by the sea - by Euryale - 01-21-2019, 01:23 AM
RE: a temple by the sea - by Pan - 01-21-2019, 03:49 AM
RE: a temple by the sea - by Euryale - 02-22-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: a temple by the sea - by Pan - 02-27-2019, 02:11 PM