Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Coloring Outside the Lines

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

"I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original."
It was neither his father nor his mother that plucked the masks from their spots atop the table, but rather a stranger who instantaneously captivates his attention. Tilting his head back to get a better look at her from his puny height, eyes wide with intrigue; she strangely reminds him of the sunsets he loved to watch from the vantage of the citadel, and although he does not know her, she elicited no fear in him. Her voice was far too kind, and thus far in Regis’ life, he has yet to truly know a stranger.

The colt’s smile widens and he stands impressively still as the mask is affixed first to his own face, followed by the one meant for Milo, for which the russet kit looked all too happy to wear. “Thank you, miss,” the prince said politely, positively glowing from beneath his mask.

When she asks of his companion’s name, he nods wildly, jostling the very fox to some degree but somehow, he already looks as though he’s grown used to it. “Uh-huh, his name is Milo,” he eagerly answers, grinning even wider, “He’s my best friend.”

She welcomes him and introduces herself as Moira, and his response is as fluid as was possible for a boy of his age and experience, for one vying for the chance to be just like his father. “I like your name, Miss Moira; it’s pretty. My name is Regis. I’ve never been to…” He trails off there, and with the slightest tilt of his head he repeats the name of the land softly beneath his breath a few times, just loud enough to be heard – but it’s clear that it isn’t the easiest word for him to pronounce right away. “…Denooty before. Momma, papa and I came all the way from Delumine. I really like the mountains here. And... and I do love sweets, a whole lot,” he affirmed, but then gave a soft pout, "But I dunno if I can have any."

Regis gives a soft gasp when she asks for his assistance in picking out a mask for herself, a task that he feels he’s more than qualified for. “I’ll pick the best one,” his proclamation came at once, and turning, the young dun turns and once more begins to browse the wide collection of masks. His head bobs to and fro in his search, but it doesn’t take him long to pick one out. Stretching his velveteen muzzle out, just barely able to reach it with a wiggle of his lips, he pulls one close. It’s perhaps a little more extravagant than some, but in Regis’ eyes and with his limited knowledge, it’s the perfect fit for Moira – one side golden in color with the wavy rays of a sun, and the other delicately curved like a moon, the two designs merging, eclipsing one another. Proudly, he holds it up to her. “I think you should wear this one.”

”Speech”

@Moira
This is sort of how I imagine the mask to be for Moira :D
aimless | odeen

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Messages In This Thread
Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 12-13-2018, 05:03 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 12-13-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 12-17-2018, 02:57 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 02-10-2019, 03:07 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 03-03-2019, 06:03 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 03-11-2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Regis - 03-17-2019, 03:57 AM
RE: Coloring Outside the Lines - by Moira - 03-24-2019, 05:33 PM