Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In Our Nature

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

art by Sid
"I don't want to remember more
now that I remember so much"

At first, the tables seemed about to collapse on themselves from the weight of all that punch.

At first, he walks the halls without adornment. No mask to hide his grey-tipped face, no silks to cover his scars. He takes a drink (it is the same blue as Isra's eyes) and moves on surprisingly light feet, ghost-like, from room to room. The court is nearly beyond recognition- you would have had to seen the water marks before to recognize them now, camouflaged by paint or smoke or the light reflected off floating orbs of water. In one room the tables are on the ceiling, covered in decadent food perpetually out of reach. He returns to the front and takes another drink (it is the color of the Mors at sunset).

He moves quickly through a room filled with music so sad it draws tears to his dark eyes, and slowly through a room filled with music that almost makes him feel like he knows how to dance. He takes another drink (it is violet, just violet) and a stranger drags a line of gold paint down the center of his face and it tickles, so he laughs. He enters a room that is illuminated by a beautiful golden light that hangs in the center like a small, gentle sun. It is full of pillows of different shapes and sizes, and the heavy feel to the room reminds him of the opium den. Horses sleep together with childlike smiles on their faces and he almost joins them-- almost.

But first, another drink. It is the grey-green of the fields of his youth.

("She's here. She's here!" the shadows whisper, and they melt as soon as he turns to face them)

The sleeping room is forgotten when he feels with sudden conviction that the night queen is close. This time he crookedly pours a drink into a cup-- to share with Isra-- and walks off sideways in search of her. He doesn't feel drunk at all, but judging by the fuzz on the edge of everything, he must be.

"I remember everything
but I don't want to remember"

Open to anyone!

Messages In This Thread
In Our Nature - by Eik - 12-14-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 01-01-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: In Our Nature - by Eik - 01-06-2019, 05:46 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 01-08-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Eik - 01-11-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 01-13-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Eik - 02-20-2019, 08:25 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 02-24-2019, 07:05 PM