Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just gonna stand there and watch me burn

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Despite the vibrancy of her coat, there is something calming about the mare in front of him. She seems pleasant enough, welcoming even. Rhone has seen it all. He has seen some that are quick to drive you out without even bothering to get your name or your intentions. Then there are others that are far too welcoming, letting just about anyone and everyone in without ever asking a question. Rhone had always been more on the cautious side, but not rude. When he had been king, he was very open for newcomers, so long as they had pure intentions. If looked for, Euryale would only find good intentions with Rhone.

She gives her name with a soft smile and Rhone, despite the self-loathing that he feels, cannot help but return the kind gesture. She seems open and welcoming and that helps to ease his natural nervousness about meeting new people. "I should hope to prove my worth, in time." He wasn’t quite sure how he would manage to do that, but he would make every effort to try. He had experience in leadership and war – but he preferred peace to battle.

What Rhone was not good at was relationships. It is ironic that this would be his weakness, despite his longing for that fairy-tail romance. He longs for that lasting relationship that incorporates love and mutual respect. He wants that life – a beautiful lover, a family that he can call his own, and yet…that is exactly what he is not good at. Two long-term relationships and five children later – Rhone has nothing to show for this. Perhaps Terrastella would offer him the life he so desperately wants and cannot seem to achieve.

He looks up at the pink mare, his eyes soft. "Tell me about this place – it’s so different than what I am used to." Between the horses of every color and the buildings and dwellings, things were so different. But Rhone is not naïve enough to think that this land is free from the same things that tore his last home apart – greed, jealousy, and power. Perhaps Terrastella is no different than every other place.

@Euryale

Messages In This Thread
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-03-2019, 10:00 PM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-11-2019, 09:08 AM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Rhone - 01-13-2019, 06:14 PM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-20-2019, 08:50 AM