Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just gonna stand there and watch me burn

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Perhaps he is a strange breed. Perhaps many have never truly looked for their life partner. He thought he had found it in Ariannah and then in Dierdre. He thought he had the fairy tale life: mate, children, kingdom. And yet, Rhone had somehow managed to fuck it all up. He’d thrown away nearly everything that had been given to him. His mates were nowhere to be seen, the same for his children, and he was no longer king of his castle. Here, in Novus, he was just a simple bay stallion, trying to fit in. Trying desperately to find his niche.

His eyes rest softly on hers, not missing the way the serpents upon her hip move as she does. They are threatening, but it hardly gives off a threatening vibe when she is as brightly colored pink as an evening sunset. Even her fangs do not phase him. He wonders, briefly, if she is supposed to be scary. Was she supposed to be intimidating? It really doesn’t matter, he surmises.

He asks her about this place, of Terastella and really of Novus as well. He’s hoping to perhaps learn about the history here and the people. He wants to know who rules the lands here and about what Gods they serve. He has so many questions and he’s practically sitting on the edge of his seat! But then, she answers him and her answer is anti-climactic. He feels the way he lets out his air and his shoulders slump in a sigh.

He tries not to be rude, because Rhone has never been rude – his mother taught him better than that. But he cannot help the disappointment that washes over him as she defers his question to someone named Asterion…who he surmises is the king of Terastella. "I do not need the whole history. I just want to know what I’m walking into." Was he a kind king? Did he protect his citizens. Rhone was never a perfect king, but he tried the best that he could.

@Euryale

Messages In This Thread
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-03-2019, 10:00 PM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-11-2019, 09:08 AM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-20-2019, 08:50 AM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Rhone - 01-21-2019, 04:23 PM