Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The bluest things on earth

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rouge

Rouge

Somnus is warm - in his mannerisms, the sleek tone of his voice, the way his verdant eyes glimmer with curiosity and politeness in equal measure. Rouge’s mind wanders, if only for a moment, to another fellow he’d befriended so long ago - Somnus shares the same soft tone, the same gentle emerald gaze as his friend had; compassionate and empathetic. A sharp pain runs through Rou’s heart as he remembers their night beneath the stars, words of wisdom coming from Warrick’s dark lips. They’d talked of love, life, and the pain of Death...Rou wondered if Warrick had reached the other side, or if he still roamed the base of the volcano, searching for a purpose or an answer.

Rouge realizes the pause he’s taken has gone on too long. He smiles, gently nods his head as Somnus tells him to take his weapon. The blade comes swiftly from the ground, he places it beneath the blackened leather of its pouch, its golden handle poking out as if to give warning to those who may approach in a violent matter. “You are so kind to welcome me into your ranks, Somnus,” Rouge finally says, a joyous grin stretching the length of his face. “I will serve you and Delumine loyally.”

Rouge follows as Somnus begins to walk through the heart of Delumine. Hooves clip on ashen stone, and the roan cannot help but look at each face he passes with acute intrigue - he was excited to meet everyone, he was excited to have a home. He looks to Somnus as he asks a few questions, and Rou nods politely - it was only normal for a King to ask the backstory of an incoming stranger, yes?

“I come from many places,” He says with a chuckle, shrugging his shoulders. “My first home, where I was born,  was insignificant compared to the rest of my life…” Lives he should say, but he doesn’t, not yet. “My mother died -” Murdered, Rou “When I was very young. I didn’t stay long after that. When I found myself in another land entirely, that is when I felt I first considered something home.”

So Rou tells Somnus of Ellyse, his best friend. He tells him of Tephra and the volcano, how he very much enjoyed its warmth. He tells him of Kaiode, the orphan whose mother dropped him against the territory’s shores, how he took him in - how he loved him. He tells him of Tangerine, of her twins, how she helped him take care of the colt.

“They were my family,” He says, closing his eyes and taking in a shaky breath. This never gets easier, does it? “One day, Kaiode went too high upon the mountain. That boy, he was so good but he never understood consequences. I hadn’t paid attention...he jumped.” There is a long pause, as Rouge regains his composure. “Tangerine’s daughter had the ability to emit light - she was my little light - and when she panicked her beam hit him. It worsened the fall -” Blood splatter, there is nothing left. “After it was said and done I had to leave.” He goes on to tell Somnus of how he left Tephra, how on a cold and lonely evening he found AuroraElis, how they fell in love. He tells him how she convinced him to go back home, to face what he ran away from...he tells him of their first child, Phoebus ( “He was my boy of fire!”)

Rouge tells him each memory, good and bad - how he died along Tephra’s beach not long after, how he found himself in another life entirely. He tells the tale of finding Ellyse on the other side, how he found Aurora, too! He mentions how they’d conceived another child, but how he never got to meet them...he tells him about the Ice Age, about how Aurora died and about how he did too.

“Time is a fickle, funny thing,” He laughs, though he is not sure what for. “You think you have so much of it...and then you find that you really do not. I was given another chance...I don’t intend to waste this one. So when I popped up in Novus, I wandered for a bit. But then, I heard about Dawn.” Rouge nods his head to affirm. “I felt I might have a chance to right some wrongs, to help  those who need it most. I came here because I knew you needed help protecting this kingdom, I know of the crimes committed against you and yours -” He shakes his head - a tragedy, in its rawest form. “But I will stay here because you have given me a chance. And with so little time on this earth, that is the greatest gift one can give.”

The seriousness of his tone fades as he hears the rustle of feathers. He looks back to the owl that sits so properly against Somnus’ rump, beady ebony eyes staring curiously into Rouge’s cerulean pools. He can’t help but let out a hearty chortle as Somnus explains. “She seems to be quite the loyal companion. How lucky are you to have each other?” He smiles softly, turning back to the Dawn King to allow him his chance to speak.

im not afraid of leaving, not of god & not of death.

@Somnus :3

Messages In This Thread
The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 03-13-2019, 10:03 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 03-13-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 03-15-2019, 09:55 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 03-17-2019, 01:56 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 03-21-2019, 08:31 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 01:45 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 04-04-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 04-08-2019, 07:07 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 04-09-2019, 08:30 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 04-28-2019, 11:58 PM