Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - this is a call to action

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

i will still rise
She darts a glance towards Marisol as the commander comes running and feels her heart skip a beat, but she swallows back the bitterness that presses against her tongue. There is no time for her foolish heartsickness, no place for selfish emotions, not with Ard in such a panic before her, the snow at his feet tinged pink from how harshly he had been taxing his throat.

“Erd is missing,” She reports, syllables hard and steel-sharp, and she is quick to begin to put the pieces together in her mind, shaping them into something of a hazy plan as Ard’s wails ring out against the snow-strewn city. Each detail is a new puzzle piece, a gaping hole in the middle of her knowledge ---

And then Ard turns on them, his eyes blazing with fury, and despite the height difference there is a small measure of terror in how his grief has affected him so -- this is not the Ard she knows, and she knows that the only way to fix it will be to find his brother. “Ard, listen to me. We’re going to find him.” And there is an ache in her heart, that she has failed someone else now -- the weight of disappointment heavy in her chest, bile on the back of her throat.

“We’re going to find him, and I promise you, if anyone has touched him, they’ll regret it.” There is a seething venom in her voice now, sparks of lightning rolling off her feathers, and her gaze is narrowed and vicious when she glances over at Rhone joining them. The twins were Halcyon, but they might as well have been civilians -- they didn’t fight, wouldn’t have posed a threat to anyone… not enough to justify kidnapping one of them, at the very least.

“If he went to get something, then he was likely in the marketplace. Someone had to have seen something, or at least knows what direction he was heading afterwards. Rhone -- I need you to head for the markets and start questioning people on what they saw. I’ll be right behind you.”

She snaps out the words with all the authority of the Champion, rising to her rank for possibly the first time since it had been bestowed upon her, and she turns her gaze to Marisol next.

“Have any of the patrols from last night reported anything strange?”

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.

Messages In This Thread
this is a call to action - by Ard - 05-13-2019, 06:43 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Theodosia - 05-13-2019, 09:05 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Marisol - 05-13-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Ard - 05-13-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Rhone - 05-15-2019, 05:24 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Theodosia - 05-19-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Marisol - 06-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Ard - 06-24-2019, 06:27 AM