Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - -- alone with all that's on my mind;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lasairian

is this a natural feeling or is it just me bleeding?
In most instances, Lasairian would have had a more concrete answer. Or at least one that would have pointed in a specific direction as to where he meant to look. Right now, however, he was letting himself just roam for it, no direction, no particular end in mind save for something that stuck out from all the rest to him. His answer did not seem to make it easier for the other there, as much as Lasairian appreciated the fact that he seemed to want to be helpful in the search. This just wasn't something that he could be helped with, and that was okay. Lasairian did not expect it, though he wasn't so hard-pressed to find such a book that he couldn't hold a conversation first.

He gives a subtle shrug at the first few words, "no worries, though I appreciate that you were willing to try to help," he responds to that bit. At the other words that had been spoken, Lasairian chuckles softly, "you're right, of course. In their own ways, yes, they are all unlike the rest," he admits with a faint smile, amused at the fact the other has said these things, but also while knowing the meaning behind what Lasairian had said as well, concerning the comment of the other saying he knew what Lasairian meant. There was obviously no offense taken over what had been said.

Lasairian gave pause as the other continued to speak, head tilted ever so slightly at the way it was said. It wasn't lost on him, that meaning -- he had lived much of his life with his nose in books, after all -- though he understood why the translation of it was given. Not all would get it, and the other did not know how much that Lasairian did, and if it would make sense to him or not. But he nodded to all of this, looking fairly glad to have such interesting company. Perhaps, at the moment, it was more important to have that than to find a book that was different enough to make him look more than twice.

It was in this mindset, combined with the introduction of the other, that had Lasairian responding as he did -- without thinking about it, really -- "Peach, then?" Lasairian's expression was amused and good-natured, and it was his turn to grin. A new nickname, maybe, if Mateo did not mind it. It could always be denied as one, and Lasairian would respect that if so, but he hoped it was seen as something good, regardless. With what was implied earlier, there shouldn't be an issue with it, right? When it was Mateo's words for the better of books, the ones that stood out among the others.

While Lasairian implied that it was a book that he was looking for that should stand out, he hadn't said book in name. Of course such a thing was not really all that within the norm of how he responded towards others, but everyone was allowed a little slip now and then, so long as it was still genuine, right? It was still his turn, though, to give his name, and so he did, "I'm Lasairian, sometimes Lasair or a variant of that," were his words, offering more than just the nickname, if only because he had taken the liberty of calling Mateo 'Peach'. When Mateo said he hoped Lasairian found what he was looking for, Lasairian held his tongue on his initial commentary reaction to that, and merely went with a nod of his head.
tag — @Mateo
template by cas • equine lines by AriesRedLo • border image from hashtag-bg.com

Messages In This Thread
-- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Lasairian - 05-16-2019, 10:23 PM
RE: -- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Mateo - 05-17-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: -- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Lasairian - 05-18-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: -- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Mateo - 05-26-2019, 01:49 PM
RE: -- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Lasairian - 05-26-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: -- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Mateo - 06-06-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: -- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Lasairian - 06-09-2019, 06:56 PM
RE: -- alone with all that's on my mind; - by Mateo - 06-22-2019, 07:25 PM