Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - adventurers slash explorers

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 44 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The world is so big. Everything is so big and Charlie is small. How is she ever going to explore all of it? To be great and strong like the pirates in her favorite stories. Oh, if she is the ship then the world is her ocean (real ocean, too, of course). She is going to sail it all, find all the new and exciting things that there is to find.

Her and her best-mate, Indy.

Charlie sneaks down the streets, bumpy and hard beneath her skittering hooves, with Indy sitting just between her shoulders. "Where we going?" the young osprey asks, tugging on a bit of Charlie's mane. "Dunno, s'mewhere fun," the filly answers, but her vermilion eyes are sharp and focused.

The pair make it to the ocean without getting caught, and that makes Charlie more bold. She slides to a stop in the sand and looks out over the water and her eyes squint in the sun. That's when she sees the bridge, just sitting there, calling to her. "Look, Indy, there!"

Her bondmate peers around the side of Charlie's head and spots the bridge, ruffling her feathers. "Okay, we go, but be careful. And don' drop me!"

Charlie's brow draws down and she blows at her forelock that is sticking across her head. "I won't, promise," and begins to make her way toward it. Further and further the pair walk, to the bridge and beyond. Neither considers the distance, or the danger. Charlie is too brave for silly things like that.

So they walk, and explore, and discover. And they never find the wall of ivy that stopped so many from going all the way. No, eventually the bridge ends on a beach, with sand as pale as her momma or as Indy's belly and lots of strange little birds that don't look quite like birds.

Charlie springs toward one, stopping a foot or so away and says with a cock of her head, "What're you?" The bird flaps its wings and hops a few steps away. The filly extends her own wings, not yet strong enough to hold her, and flaps them, too. As if to say "I'm a weird bird too, be my friend."

The bird doesn't seem to care.

Bored, Charlie turns away and looks back toward the world itself. "I dunno where we are, Indy." Indy, sick of not being able to see scrabbles her way to the top of Charlie's head and rests on her poll. "We here, go further, then. We can find out."

Open to whoever wants to corral this child who probably doesn't belong here
credits

[Image: 13222742_95oVYzdeR5MVhK5.png]
you and i, we're pioneers
we make our own rules

Messages In This Thread
adventurers slash explorers - by Charlotte - 06-03-2019, 03:40 PM
RE: adventurers slash explorers - by Israfel - 06-04-2019, 05:19 AM
RE: adventurers slash explorers - by Charlotte - 07-12-2019, 06:44 PM