Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Dusk was only just beginning to give way to night as the mare stood at the start of the macabre bridge, her form silhouetted against the last rays of a setting sun. She had planned well for this venture, napping during the day and rising with the first colors of the setting sun painting the sky alive. She had started her trek towards the Island at that point, intending to use the cover of night to find the secrets to the island – to prove the darkness it must hold, the evil she was convinced lay with in its’ soil. Now she stood at the start of the bridge that had founded her discomfort. The first time she’d crossed it, staring at the pearls and clams suspended in a rocky tomb, and dozens of other trinkets of the water trapped and struggling among the stone and hardened lava; she had been filled with despair and a sense of loss. Now, she would force herself to walk past the trapped citizens of her home world so she might learn the truth of the Island ahead.

As she began to make her way through the darkening horizon, the mare herself was seemingly going through a transformation at the molecular level. The setting sun was activating certain chemicals, causing a rampage of chemical collisions within the follicles of that dark blue fur. It was a subtle transformation that would grow stronger the further the sun sank, and the more darkness that took the land. She was hardly focused on it, however, far too used to the effects the night produced. Instead her attention turned towards the bridge she was crossing, dainty hooves clacking against the hard rock, seeming to impress the fact she was alone onto her mind, for alone she was. It had been a large reason behind her chosen time of exploration. Less others to get in the way, less others around – it might encourage the island to be . . . . its’ self. For surely the front it wore in the daylight was not what the island was. She was certain of it. And she was just as equally determined to get to the bottom of it, as well.

Her steps carried her forward, as her coat pitched in hue, the dark blue selections starting to take on a cyan hue, lightening considerably the more time passed. It was a subtle change that would grow more pronounced the darker her surroundings got. As the night came into full effect, and the aquatic equine reached the end of the bridge, the slight cyan touch was now a glowing hue down the length of her sides, legs and tail, the female casting her own light. The dual set of eyes set into her face glowed with a matching cyan as well, and she moved with ease, trusting in her ability to see in the dark, illuminating the world with her own bioluminescence, even as the cyan seemed to wash out the rest of her pelt in colors. She moved with determination, her head held high as she waited for the island to prove what it really was to her.

The mare moved slowly, the island oddly silent as she moved through the sands, her steps light and instantly adapting to a more familiar terrain (she’d barely avoided stumbling OFF of the side of the lava-rock bridge earlier), grateful for the time being to be on a type of ground that she didn’t have to worry about forgetting her land-legs and falling face first. Her steps had turned graceful with the first touch of sand surrounding her hooves, and she moved with a grace near identical to what she had when she was beneath the waves. However, that didn’t stop her from distrusting the island – and she knew her answers lay beyond the genial beach. Her steps turned her in the direction that would take her into the depths of island, into the foresty center that hid untolds wonders (and to her imagination, horrors).

She stood at the edge of the beach staring into the darkness of tropical trees and where she imagined they most grow more dense, trying to build up her determination, her strength, her courage. She had to do this, she had to discover the truth.

Thoughts
Speech
@
Notes: For anyone interested in joining her in rooting out what secrets this island may have, perhaps getting together an exploration party might make her feel a little better about taking on the Island in the dark. Anyone welcome!

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM