Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a voice in the dark

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

calling your name

In the days following the volcanic eruption and the release of the ivy bridge, the island was swarmed with horses from all walks of life. Each of the four Courts and the outlying Vagabonds came to see the magic and mystery for themselves, whispering amongst themselves of the strangeness of the land.

Some came up with wild claims to explain the sudden appearance of a new land; a few even correctly attributed it to the god of time. 

“You there!”

The voice would call the brightly-colored stallion from within the forest, where shadows shrouded the stranger who spoke. Try as Huehuecoyotl might, he will be unable to identify the person who calls out to him.

“Yes, you! Come here!”

Perhaps it is curiosity that will bring him forward, despite knowing he cannot fight what he cannot see. Or perhaps he will ignore the voice completely, and continue on down the beach - but what fun would that be?

If he decides to follow, the voice will lead him on into the forest, until he cannot see the sand or waves behind him. Green foliage will close in all around him, and still the stranger will not show themselves. Occasionally an oddly pale light will flit in the corner of his vision, and mysterious laughter may accompany the movement.

When next the voice speaks, it seems to be coming from all around him. 

“Stallion of black and white and green, man with the bright blue eyes, riddle me this, and I will give you a treat.

I can be seen, but not felt,
I can be heard, but not heldt.
Alive without breath,
More active in death, 

Who am I?”

An optional mini quest for @Huehuecoyotl:

Congratulations! You have rolled a 6 in SWP Act IV, and your character has encountered a Random Event because of it.

After Coyote's next reply, the RE account will reply once more. Please tag both the @ and @sid in your reply! This thread can stay a one shot for Coyote alone, or you can allow others to join if you’d like it to continue as a thread! The choice is your’s. ❤

Replying to this prompt is not required, but will grant @Huehuecoyotl +1EXP!
There is no time limit on this thread.

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
a voice in the dark - by Random Events - 07-05-2019, 02:25 PM
RE: a voice in the dark - by Huehuecoyotl - 07-07-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: a voice in the dark - by Random Events - 07-24-2019, 02:24 PM
RE: a voice in the dark - by Huehuecoyotl - 08-01-2019, 02:14 PM